LJpalmbeacher

Osweiler to Browns

96 posts in this topic

traded to the Browns.

Just heard it on JMV. Don't know details yet.

Romo probably going to Houston now. 

1 person likes this

Can we all appreciate the fact that they stole a second rounder from houston?

6 people like this

Man nothing says "I messed up" like trading your franchise QB a 2nd rounder and 6th rounder for a 6th, lol.

8 people like this

Add him to that dumpster fire list of QBs on that Browns jersey :) 

4 people like this

Per ESPN they traded Osweiler, a 2nd round pick and a 6th round pick for a 4th round pick.

basically Cleveland starts him for a year and eats his salary and gained a 2nd round pick.. a pretty sweet deal for them!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

Man nothing says "I messed up" like trading your franchise QB and a 2nd rounder for a 6th, lol.

It however does make them serious about addressing the QB position. They weren't afraid to admit a mistake, I will give them some credit for that.

They didn't want the Broncos to one-up them again with Romo, like with the Osweiler situation.

1 person likes this

Brilliant move by both teams. 

One of of the best trades ever   

This is bad. Romo probably going to the Texans. All they need is a QB and no matter how much I rag on Romo, he's much better than Brock

Great move by Cleveland, you are not a playoff team next year, not even close and you just got a 2nd round pick and a QB  for well 16M in cap space.. and they have tons of cap space!!

1 person likes this

This so interesting. I'd normally attribute paying another team to take a player's salary to basketball. Doesn't seem to be a common occurrence in the NFL. 

This is so funny.   haha

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

This is bad. Romo probably going to the Texans. All they need is a QB and no matter how much I rag on Romo, he's much better than Brock

Not when he is in the trainers room

I feel like Cleveland could cut Osweiler tomorrow, take the cap hit, and still come out as the winners of this trade... 

2 people like this

This was a brilliant move, out of left field and quite well done. I guess this means Romo to Texans gains some more weight?

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It however does make them serious about addressing the QB position. They weren't afraid to admit a mistake, I will give them some credit for that.

They didn't want the Broncos to one-up them again with Romo, like with the Osweiler situation.

Romo could still go to Denver

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Add him to that dumpster fire list of QBs on that Browns jersey :) 

I think he is the starter this year while they groom a rookie. Honestly its about the fact that they get a 2nd rd pick. They had the money to burn. I don't think they believe he is a long term solution.

Houston now should have Tony Romo....a HUGE upgrade. Bill Obrein is all-in it would seem. He fits his offense to a T. They gave up a 2nd to get rid of Oz....now what do they have to give up to get Tony?

Even if Romo ends up in Houston, can he stay healthy? When he gets hit, he seems to get injured. I will give Houston credit on one thing, they got rid of that bum Brock.

2 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

This so interesting. I'd normally attribute paying another team to take a player's salary to basketball. Doesn't seem to be a common occurrence in the NFL. 

Had to create cap space for Tony.

If Cleveland nails this draft, they could be good. They loaded up their OL and have a handful of top picks in a DEEP draft.

Cleveland is debating releasing him. Haha, good grief.

7 people like this

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not when he is in the trainers room

Always a possibility. But if healthy, Houston has a chance to be pretty good

Just now, corgi said:

What?? Already? lol

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

everyone seems to be better than brock

1 minute ago, corgi said:

Or trading him again. For some reason I don't think there are many teams out there willing to bite though , lol. 

1 person likes this

Just now, indyagent17 said:

This is why Cleveland is the laughing stock of the NFL

Cleveland is actualy the winner of this trade, believe it or not.  They get a bad contract and player, yes.  But They also get a second rounder.  Given how they are going young and they turned in a bunch of rookie contracts last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did somethign similar this year, they aren't going to be up against the cap until those rookie deals are to the point they need to be re-signed and the Osweiler contract will be done by then.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is why Cleveland is the laughing stock of the NFL

That couldn't be further from the truth, this trade is BRILLIANT.

Cleveland cant win this year, holds 16M for a failing QB when they have the room and get a 2nd round pick for it.

5 people like this

Just now, SilentHill said:

Cleveland cant win this year, holds 16M for a failing QB when they have the room and get a 2nd round pick for it.

Yup, they won this trade in lopsided fashion.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, 12isthenew18 said:

everyone seems to be better than brock

Which is why this is good for Houston lol. Brock is trash

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Yes but they could do more with cap space then hold 16 million for a player they may release. 

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Which is why this is good for Houston lol. Brock is trash

Brock is a bum but if Romo goes to Houston, can he stay healthy? If he gets injured than Houston is screwed again. Romo has been fragile lately.

Alshon Jeffery just signed a 1 year deal with Philly for 14 mill! That is a lot of cash.

Just now, indyagent17 said:

Yes but they could do more with cap space then hold 16 million for a player they may release. 

From what I've read, it would only cost them $8.5 mil to release him. All they did was buy a 2nd round pick. That's really smart for a team building for the future. They have a handful of top picks in a good draft..

1 person likes this

This makes it less likely for the Cowboys to expect a trade for Romo. Broncos were never going to trade for him. If the Texans didn't have the cap room, a trade would have made sense but now they have the cap room. All that everyone needs to do is force Jerry's hand to release Romo.

This makes it less likely for the Cowboys to expect a trade for Romo. Broncos were never going to trade for him. If the Texans didn't have the cap room, a trade would have made sense but now they have the cap room. All that everyone needs to do is force Jerry's hand to release Romo.