Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to Browns

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

Man nothing says "I messed up" like trading your franchise QB and a 2nd rounder for a 6th, lol.

It however does make them serious about addressing the QB position. They weren't afraid to admit a mistake, I will give them some credit for that.

They didn't want the Broncos to one-up them again with Romo, like with the Osweiler situation.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It however does make them serious about addressing the QB position. They weren't afraid to admit a mistake, I will give them some credit for that.

They didn't want the Broncos to one-up them again with Romo, like with the Osweiler situation.

Romo could still go to Denver

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Add him to that dumpster fire list of QBs on that Browns jersey :) 

I think he is the starter this year while they groom a rookie. Honestly its about the fact that they get a 2nd rd pick. They had the money to burn. I don't think they believe he is a long term solution.

Houston now should have Tony Romo....a HUGE upgrade. Bill Obrein is all-in it would seem. He fits his offense to a T. They gave up a 2nd to get rid of Oz....now what do they have to give up to get Tony?

Just now, indyagent17 said:

This is why Cleveland is the laughing stock of the NFL

Cleveland is actualy the winner of this trade, believe it or not.  They get a bad contract and player, yes.  But They also get a second rounder.  Given how they are going young and they turned in a bunch of rookie contracts last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did somethign similar this year, they aren't going to be up against the cap until those rookie deals are to the point they need to be re-signed and the Osweiler contract will be done by then.

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is why Cleveland is the laughing stock of the NFL

That couldn't be further from the truth, this trade is BRILLIANT.

Cleveland cant win this year, holds 16M for a failing QB when they have the room and get a 2nd round pick for it.

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

That couldn't be further from the truth, this trade is BRILLIANT.

Cleveland cant win this year, holds 16M for a failing QB when they have the room and get a 2nd round pick for it.

Yes but they could do more with cap space then hold 16 million for a player they may release. 

Just now, indyagent17 said:

Yes but they could do more with cap space then hold 16 million for a player they may release. 

From what I've read, it would only cost them $8.5 mil to release him. All they did was buy a 2nd round pick. That's really smart for a team building for the future. They have a handful of top picks in a good draft..

This makes it less likely for the Cowboys to expect a trade for Romo. Broncos were never going to trade for him. If the Texans didn't have the cap room, a trade would have made sense but now they have the cap room. All that everyone needs to do is force Jerry's hand to release Romo.

This makes it less likely for the Cowboys to expect a trade for Romo. Broncos were never going to trade for him. If the Texans didn't have the cap room, a trade would have made sense but now they have the cap room. All that everyone needs to do is force Jerry's hand to release Romo.