Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapoport: Colts and Eagles making strong push for Alshon Jeffery (Merged)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd rather trade Dorsett to the Eagles for Jordan Matthews. They just got Smith. If they get Jeffrey that's your number 1 and 2. Plus they have Green-Beckham.

Not that I really believe in this rumor though. The Colts have been linked to all of the top FAs. Poe, Bouye, Perry, and Zeitler. This happens every year though.

1 minute ago, Rick_Grimes said:

I don't care what anyone says..

If you're a Colts fan and end up getting upset if the Colts land one of the best WR's in football.

You're insane. And a liar.

Or, I don't know, people are worried about paying a guy who's lower body has already seen lots of damage $13 mil long term.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'd rather trade Dorsett to the Eagles for Jordan Matthews. They just got Smith. If they get Jeffrey that's your number 1 and 2. Plus they have Green-Beckham.

Not that I really believe in this rumor though. The Colts have been linked to all of the top FAs. Poe, Bouye, Perry, and Zeitler. This happens every year though.

The Eagles would never trade Matthews for Dorsett.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Or, I don't know, people are worried about paying a guy who's lower body has already seen lots of damage $13 mil long term.

That is really not how the NFL contracts work typically.  Pay attention to the guaranteed amount not the term.  NFL contracts are usually written for the players to be able to be cut after year 3 at the latest.

Honestly. If we get Jeffery for 12 million per year, and do in fact trade dorsett or Moncrief for a 4th round pick. We are stock piling our draft picks to be in a position to trade up, and getting better at the receiving position. Not a bad strategy from Ballard's standpoint. If we don't make a trade. Makes no sense really because Moncrief is a FA next year.