Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts first big signing

21 minutes ago, dw49 said:

1) Nick Perry 

2) D Hightower

3) AJ Bouye 

4) K Zieter

I'm thinking one of those 4 is a lock. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw 2 of those 4. 

I hope so. Honestly. I would like to have Hightower and Perry both and draft a top corner or DE with our first round pick. 

15 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I'm thinking Zeitler or Baker.....Guess Philly is offering the farm for Bouye.

maybe that's a sign. Philly always throws money at corners who are overrated and don't pace out like expected lol. 

1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I'm going with Poe. 

Yeah.  Supposedly we're one of the top three teams after him.  We should have the inside track.  

If it's only money he's interested in, he'll go to the niners.  If he wants to win, it's us or the Falcons...if you can believe anything right now.  

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah.  Supposedly we're one of the top three teams after him.  We should have the inside track.  

If it's only money he's interested in, he'll go to the niners.  If he wants to win, it's us or the Falcons...if you can believe anything right now.  

Reports are that he is looking at a one year deal so he can hit free agency again next year...interesting strategy when one can assume that he would get crazy money in a long term deal right now. 

2 minutes ago, masnerj said:

Reports are that he is looking at a one year deal so he can hit free agency again next year...interesting strategy when one can assume that he would get crazy money in a long term deal right now. 

Where did you see that? Just curious! I would actually love to get him on a one year deal honestly. If he proves he can stay healthy and be our stud DT. Then he deserves a big contract from us. 

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

I really hope we don't pay Jabaal Sheard 7-8 a year instead of signing perry or Hightower. 

Why not just curious? Hes a really good pass rusher who can also make plays in the running game. At 7-8mil that's great value. Hightower will be at least be 12 mil probably more and Perry will be anywhere from 10-13mil. I'd rather have Perry, but I'd easily take Jabaal at a discount.

16 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Why not just curious? Hes a really good pass rusher who can also make plays in the running game. At 7-8mil that's great value. Hightower will be at least be 12 mil probably more and Perry will be anywhere from 10-13mil. I'd rather have Perry, but I'd easily take Jabaal at a discount.

I think Perry get around 9 a year and I would rather pay the extra million or two for him. I think Hightower is a game changer on D. Perry is coming on into his prime. I think it's possibl3 we get two pass rushers and then I'd be ecstatic. I think Jabaal is not someone who can be your main pass rusher. He is someone who feeds off of others well IMO. He is a good player, not knocking him. Just want Perry or Hightower instead. 

1 hour ago, masnerj said:

I was reading yesterday that apparently the market isn't as strong for him as he & his agent thought it would be.

13 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Bouye and Zietler please. 

And some sort of LB 

We are losing out on all of the good players quick. Perry, Campbell, Jefferson, Wagner(top RT), Branch, and Hightower from what I have heard is looking like he is going to resign with the patriots. 

Poe, Sheard, Baker, and Zietler are four we are interested that are still available, but we need to move fast because other teams still have A LOT of cap space. 

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

We are losing out on all of the good players quick. Perry, Campbell, Jefferson, Wagner(top RT), Branch, and Hightower from what I have heard is looking like he is going to resign with the patriots. 

Poe, Sheard, Baker, and Zietler are four we are interested that are still available, but we need to move fast because other teams still have A LOT of cap space. 

I think we'll end up losing out on Baker too, from what I'm seeing he's a priority of the Broncos right now. I'm thinking we come away with Sheard and maybe Poe at best at this point. But who knows, it's still early.

7 minutes ago, GusBus24 said:

Yep Perry is gone he is resigning a big deal with the Packers! Patriots just took Stephen Gilmore as well 

Wow didn't expect the pats to sign Gilmore. They are gonna be tough. Maybe that means they in fact aren't gonna resign Hightower? And we can swoope in and get him? 

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Wow didn't expect the pats to sign Gilmore. They are gonna be tough. Maybe that means they in fact aren't gonna resign Hightower? And we can swoope in and get him? 

dont know, reports are Hightower is gonna resign with them, per unconfirmed twitter sources (take with grain of salt)

Nick Perry and Chris Baker would be my first preference, instant upgrades for our front 7 (due to our pass rush and David Parry situations). 

Then, draft a few man CBs in the CB deep draft and coach them up with the DB whisperer's coaches. :)