Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats can be insane next year

Colts1324

3 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Well they just got more insane... they now have Cooks in the mix!!! They are flexing big time.

I'm not sure he is a great fit for that offense but I'm sure they know better. Amendola is certainly out of a job. I don't think Bill would give up his first without figuring he was going to replace all these picks....I think he moves Jimmy...the big thing is all these guy that have had most of their salaries paid....these Pats are going to be very difficult out next year.

Great, they have 5 rings and a serviceable-to-good WR.  

Manning is retired.  Grigson, the Brady whistle blower, is coaching a Pee Wee team in Saskatchewan.  

They could win 3 more rings.  At this point, more power to you.  It's impossible to hold on to that hatred for 15 years.  Brady and Belichick are great at what they do... end of story.  Congratulations.

That said, it has not changed a Pats fans life one iota.  Nor would it have changed our lives had Manning been fortunate enough to play his entire career under Belichick and accomplish what Brady did.  It's just football.

Just now, dgambill said:

I'm not sure he is a great fit for that offense but I'm sure they know better. Amendola is certainly out of a job. I don't think Bill would give up his first without figuring he was going to replace all these picks....I think he moves Jimmy...the big thing is all these guy that have had most of their salaries paid....these Pats are going to be very difficult out next year.

Yeah I'm not gonna question a fit with NE lol like you say I'm sure Bill and the staff have had a plan and a vision for this acquisition. Just another weapon for Brady. I think it's safe to say they are locked in on getting #6. And if I'm Hightower and seeing these moves, I'm resigning if I have an offer from NE. Forget Tenn at this point. Go to Tenn where it's a toss up at best whether or not you even make the playoffs even, or stay put in NE where you've got a great chance at getting another ring? No debate on that one to me.

The pats had joint practices and pre season games  with the saints. BB saw cooks close up and made many glowing comments about him. he knows what he's getting and what he's doing..

so far they add:

gilmore

cookan

early

allen

and it cost them cash,  the 32nd pick, a fourth, and moving  back a few spots in a couple rounds...and they lost Sheard,  ryan and bennet..

they were already the #2 offense in football. and they get cooks, and gronk back....its better offense than 07 with a better defense.  they now may have the best defensive backfield in the nfl.

they resigned branch, the key to their d line....

and I bet hightower comes back, no one has offered  him the money he thought he'd get, otherwise he'd have signed he'll take a small discount and go bacck to the pats to try and get a few more rings...no brainer after these moves....

and you just know they will get the 12th pick and a boatload more from the browns for jimmy G........compete and rebuild all at once.....unreal....

they are clearly going all out for brady's  last few years. god help  the rest of the league.

I get that the Pats are going all out this year, but anyone else think they're loading up for one final push?  Belichik mentioned that he has no desire to coach forever.  And despite what he says, I'm certain Brady never intended to play til his mid-40s,

7 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Actually, it would not surprise me if they had a plan to get one or two picks more.  Maybe trade a player or two? 

could be. BB has never given up a 1st round till now.

The players he traded for are young which says he's still thinking of the future. In the past he's acquired good but older vets.

I heard he doesn't want the team to become complacent after the SB.

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you might as well not even watch, Pats are going 14-2 again and will win it all haha 

I don't think NE wins it all right now. It's too tough to repeat. They have a shot at it but right now I am leaning towards the NFC taking it. I think NE will start the year very strong but by years end we will see if they have it. In 2007 they looked lethal but slowed down as the year progressed.

I have picked NE to win it all a lot, they will be in the mix but it's just going to be very tough. The Pats had a ton of anger this past year too over the deflate situation which helped fuel them. Not sure if they can repeat the same passion. I would say the same over the Cavs too, they had tons of passion and desire to win it all for Cleveland finally.....not sure if they will repeat or even make it back to the finals right now. I am not even sure the Warriors make it back either, would not be suprised even if we get something like Spurs/Celtics in the finals.

17 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't think NE wins it all right now. It's too tough to repeat. They have a shot at it but right now I am leaning towards the NFC taking it. I think NE will start the year very strong but by years end we will see if they have it. In 2007 they looked lethal but slowed down as the year progressed.

I have picked NE to win it all a lot, they will be in the mix but it's just going to be very tough. The Pats had a ton of anger this past year too over the deflate situation which helped fuel them. Not sure if they can repeat the same passion. I would say the same over the Cavs too, they had tons of passion and desire to win it all for Cleveland finally.....not sure if they will repeat or even make it back to the finals right now. I am not even sure the Warriors make it back either, would not be suprised even if we get something like Spurs/Celtics in the finals.

I would favor the Pats. They have a Great Defense as well to go along with Tom and his group. It is what it is at this point, I just cant see anyone beating them unless Tom gets injured. He can win with anyone much like Peyton could, Just a rare Great QB but he also has that rare Great Coach. I can see them winning 1 more, JMO. Regarding the Cavs, I think they will win the East for sure. LeBron dominates the East and has for years. They can Repeat and they will if Durant isn't healthy. If Durant is healthy which I have been hearing he is recovering pretty well already, I would favor the Warriors but it's not a given. Warriors would have HCA again if they play which it didn't matter last season though. Both teams have played like doo doo lately lmao. The Spurs just lost Aldridge, maybe for the season? Not sure if you knew that? Heart problem, I just hope he recovers but if they don't have him they wont beat the Warriors IMO.

I know it's difficult to repeat, but who in the AFC can stop them? No one even comes close IMO. And Atlanta had their number and let gave them the game. Can you imagine what the Patriots are gonna do when Gronkowski comes back and you add someone like Cooks. I'm sure they'' get a star RB and a few more players in the process.

Right now, I don't really see anyone beating them.

I liked the direction the Cowboys were headed. But they just lost two of their starting offensive lineman, so they may no longer have the best OL in the NFL. Plus, if they were able to add 1-2 pieces offensively and upgrade their defense this off-season they could of been the team to beat.

I wish I could say the Colts but Grigson killed this team. I wish we hired Ballard a few years ago, because maybe then we would have a team that could compete with the Patriots. Who knows.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would favor the Pats. They have a Great Defense as well to go along with Tom and his group. It is what it is at this point, I just cant see anyone beating them unless Tom gets injured. He can win with anyone much like Peyton could, Just a rare Great QB but he also has that rare Great Coach. I can see them winning 1 more, JMO. Regarding the Cavs, I think they will win the East for sure. LeBron dominates the East and has for years. They can Repeat and they will if Durant isn't healthy. If Durant is healthy which I have been hearing he is recovering pretty well already, I would favor the Warriors but it's not a given. Warriors would have HCA again if they play which it didn't matter last season though. Both teams have played like doo doo lately lmao. The Spurs just Aldridge, maybe for the season? Not sure if you knew that? Heart problem, I just hope he recovers but if they don't have him they wont beat the Warriors IMO.

I would favor the Pats, but I have to see how long they look by the years end next year. I think they might start hot and stuff but I have to see come December if Brady looks fresh enough and the defense is still a top 10 unit. 

Cavs may win the east, but they will need guys back like Love. And for some reason yes when Lebron don't play that team falls apart without Big Daddy out on the court. The Cavs can't beat the Heat even without Wade there. If the Cavs draw the Heat in the first round I will be nervous as hell for them. 

I got my eye on the Celtics, they lose to some crappy teams but with Averly Bradley back the D is going to be much better if he stays healthy. Bradley can shut down guys like Kyrie Irving too. Celtics struggle a lot with the Raptors though.

The Warriors won't win it all if Durant can't come back and stay healthy and save them. And the Warriors bench SUCKS. Well the Cavs bench sucks too. Both teams can't handle some 4th quarters lately and turn into tired mush. Fatigue sets in and they get slapped around at times when the shots won't go in.

I have my eye on the Spurs but those guys still struggle with teams like the stupid Thunder.

I don't really know, so many loose ends right now in the NBA but it's only March.

Just now, Rick_Grimes said:

I know it's difficult to repeat, but who in the AFC can stop them? No one even comes close IMO. And Atlanta had their number and let gave them the game. Can you imagine what the Patriots are gonna do when Gronkowski comes back and you add someone like Cooks. I'm sure they'' get a star RB and a few more players in the process.

Right now, I don't really see anyone beating them.

I liked the direction the Cowboys were headed. But they just lost two of their starting offensive lineman, so they may no longer have the best OL in the NFL. Plus, if they were able to add 1-2 pieces offensively and upgrade their defense this off-season they could of been the team to beat.

I wish I could say the Colts but Grigson killed this team. I wish we hired Ballard a few years ago, because maybe then we would have a team that could compete with the Patriots. Who knows.

I think a few NFC teams next year are going to rock and roll the league. The NFC is wildly unpredictable and you will get a few that shock us.

I also actually don't love the Pats moves lately either. Stone Hands sucks and Cooks is good but he is completely overrated. 

I don't think the Colts are ready yet, but time will tell since Ballard did get rid of some crap already like Stone Hands and Patrick Robinson. If we can somehow get the defense to be "middle of the pack" we have a small chance to suprise. 

Would not suprise me if the Raiders even won the AFC if their D like us can rise. If we got Raiders/Cowboys I would be thrilled, it would be so throwback.......

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I would favor the Pats, but I have to see how long they look by the years end next year. I think they might start hot and stuff but I have to see come December if Brady looks fresh enough and the defense is still a top 10 unit. 

Cavs may win the east, but they will need guys back like Love. And for some reason yes when Lebron don't play that team falls apart without Big Daddy out on the court. The Cavs can't beat the Heat even without Wade there. If the Cavs draw the Heat in the first round I will be nervous as hell for them. 

I got my eye on the Celtics, they lose to some crappy teams but with Averly Bradley back the D is going to be much better if he stays healthy. Bradley can shut down guys like Kyrie Irving too. Celtics struggle a lot with the Raptors though.

The Warriors won't win it all if Durant can't come back and stay healthy and save them. And the Warriors bench SUCKS. Well the Cavs bench sucks too. Both teams can't handle some 4th quarters lately and turn into tired mush. Fatigue sets in and they get slapped around at times when the shots won't go in.

I have my eye on the Spurs but those guys still struggle with teams like the stupid Thunder.

I don't really know, so many loose ends right now in the NBA but it's only March.

Belichick will pace his players, he is the master at doing so. I just cant see any eye popping teams that stand out to me where I can say, they can beat the Patriots. Maybe Dallas in the SB? but they have never been there. Teams like the Colts in mid 2000's and the Ravens when they had Ray, and Denver with Peyton gave me hope. I just don't see it right now. Pats made the Steelers look like a highschool team in the Title Game. Regarding the NBA I still think it will be the Warriors vs Cavs, Durant will get healthy and LeBron isn't losing to the Celtics or Wizards - we both know that.

On 3/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, Jules said:

I am starting to get 2007 vibes which means a suprise NFC team will win it all next year we don't see coming.

Incorrect.  If the Pats go undefeated late in the season, the game film of that Superbowl will play continuously in the locker room.  This time, Shula chokes on a cork.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:11 AM, braveheartcolt said:

They have won 2 super bowls in 12 years, and were gift wrapped them both. 

They gave won 5 superbowls in 15 years and one loss was gift wrapped for the Giants.  The Pats have played in half the superbowls during that time.  I don't see your point.

2 hours ago, wizwor said:

They gave won 5 superbowls in 15 years and one loss was gift wrapped for the Giants.  The Pats have played in half the superbowls during that time.  I don't see your point.

So 2 of the super bowls won by the Patriots were not gift wrapped by Seattle and Atlanta?

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So 2 of the super bowls won by the Patriots were not gift wrapped by Seattle and Atlanta?

Nobody 'gift wraps' a game. Sometimes a championship comes down to one play at the end, sometimes the games are over by halftime. I always get a good chuckle when people try to make this case about the Seattle game. "Oh the Patriots had no business winning that game, Seattle gave it to them at the end!" Please...Seattle had no business even being there, it took that crazy bounce off the leg couch. But thats the game. That's why they play. That's why we watch.

The Patriots right now could very easily have 7 titles, they right now could very easily have 0. But each time the game has come down to a few critical plays, a few critical decisions, a few critical bounces. Not once has the trophy been gift wrapped.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Pats have been in very tight Superbowl contests.  I think you look at the catch Edelman made and the one Welker didn't make and you could say those were the difference in each game.  Before the interception in 49 there was a pretty amazing and totally unlikely catch.  It's football.  The Falcons came in with a good game plan and ran out of gas at the end.  Their coach and players made some mistakes.  So did TB12.  

9 minutes ago, wizwor said:

They just signed Hightower for four years.  Insane, huh?

Great.

I read he played the free agent tour and Steelers said if you get on the plane offer is off the table. Obviously the Steelers were wise to the little FA tour game :)

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

The Lions.... :P 

Well no not them. haha 

Packers, Cowboys, NFC South suprise teams etc. etc.

And in the AFC who knows, a few of us poor slob teams not called the Pats/Steelers will rise up too.