Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats can be insane next year

Colts1324

With 61 million in cap space, and possibly and extra first round pick or moreif they trade Garappolo, they can be scary good. They already have a good team. Imagine if they got Desean Jackson, resigned Hightower, got Adrian Peterson, Brandon Williams or Nick Fairley(sounds like a pats pickup) drafted a top CB and pass rusher with their 1st round picks. Wow. Just saying, is anybody else realizing how set they are. SB champs and not a lot of free agents. 2(potentially) 1st round picks. And a lot of money. 

23 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

With 61 million in cap space, and possibly and extra first round pick or moreif they trade Garappolo, they can be scary good. They already have a good team. Imagine if they got Desean Jackson, resigned Hightower, got Adrian Peterson, Brandon Williams or Nick Fairley(sounds like a pats pickup) drafted a top CB and pass rusher with their 1st round picks. Wow. Just saying, is anybody else realizing how set they are. SB champs and not a lot of free agents. 2(potentially) 1st round picks. And a lot of money. 

1. Both hands on the keyboard.

2. How insane would it be if the Colts got all those guys.

3. I'm not sold AP is his old self, and I'm thinking DeSean would be about as successful as ol' Ocho Cinco was there. DeSean's a ME guy, not a WE guy.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

After reading this it bothers me that there are too many forum members who have been infested mentally by the Patriots.

It's not a downer thread to the Colts. I have never been really that scared of the pats. I have always truly believed the colts had a chance to win every game. I'm just saying from the reports players like AP and Desean Jackson could go to NE. With Edelman, Jackson, AP, and Gronk that offense could be even more scarier. They finished number as the number 1 defense in points allowed. Just shows how important it is for us to hit big this offseason to match what the pats, titans, Texans, and raiders will be doing. 

So my first question is clearly parity is not working against the Patriots, and two, what is Goodell going to do about it? The Patriots won the Superbowl, which means teams should be poaching their coaches and players, so there better be a whole lot of poaching, otherwise I say the Patriots are cheating. I don't know how, but they're cheating.

Well that would certainly be a shocker, you know the Patriots being good......

Okay early bold predictions really going all out here:

1) Pats will be good and get homefield. And then there will be excuses of them making opposing team locker rooms too warm or something which therefore causes fatigue for the opposing team.

2) Falcons will choke away some big leads.

3) Aaron Rodgers will be named MVP by fans and media by week 6.

4) Browns will have a losing record

5) Cam Newton will pout.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

After reading this it bothers me that there are too many forum members who have been infested mentally by the Patriots.

The first 4 threads I just seen in NFL General are about the Patriots and then sometime every year people here blame Pats fans for starting everything.

:dunno:

9 hours ago, Jules said:

Well that would certainly be a shocker, you know the Patriots being good......

Okay early bold predictions really going all out here:

1) Pats will be good and get homefield. And then there will be excuses of them making opposing team locker rooms too warm or something which therefore causes fatigue for the opposing team.

2) Falcons will choke away some big leads.

3) Aaron Rodgers will be named MVP by fans and media by week 6.

4) Browns will have a losing record

5) Cam Newton will pout.

No love for the Falcons? haha Give the team a break; they had a great season. 

Besides pouting, Cam Newton will be one of the best dressed players in the NFL. lmao

Not to beat a dead horse, but while the Pats are Super Bowl champions, a coach with even the slightest amount of common sense would have ran the ball with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter and kicked a field goal.  Not to take anything away from the Pats, but as @braveheartcolt mentioned, both of their championships were gift wrapped.

You can never predict these things.  In the 2014 NFL season, Peyton Manning looked unstoppable.  In the 2015 NFL season, he had a monumental drop off.  Brady, who will be 40 when the season starts, could experience a similar physical drop off.  The Pats could face a rash of injuries.  They could sign a free agent who completely destroys the locker room.  It's way too early to anoint anyone as the team to beat.

Actually, I would love for the Pats to sign Desean Jackson. While they lit up the scoreboard with Randy Moss, they never won the SB till they went back to their underneath passing with their RBs and TEs due to Brady's accuracy between the numbers considerably better than outside the numbers plus the time it takes for those routes to form against elite Ds that they are bound to run into at some point in time.

Plus, we know how the Saints forced fumbles from Adrian Peterson in the 2009 NFCCG, so if AP does it even a couple of times as a Patriot, he won't see the field for a LONG time, and that won't be a risk Belichick would be willing to take. Of course, he could always deflate the football to help with his fumbling. :) 

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but while the Pats are Super Bowl champions, a coach with even the slightest amount of common sense would have ran the ball with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter and kicked a field goal.  Not to take anything away from the Pats, but as @braveheartcolt mentioned, both of their championships were gift wrapped.

You can never predict these things.  In the 2014 NFL season, Peyton Manning looked unstoppable.  In the 2015 NFL season, he had a monumental drop off.  Brady, who will be 40 when the season starts, could experience a similar physical drop off.  The Pats could face a rash of injuries.  They could sign a free agent who completely destroys the locker room.  It's way too early to anoint anyone as the team to beat.

I wouldn't truly count on Brady experiencing a physical drop off, I could probably say boldly not a chance the next year at least.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I wouldn't truly count on Brady experiencing a physical drop off, I could probably say boldly not a chance the next year at least.

I agree, but how many people said the same thing about Peyton Manning after the 2014 season?  My point was simply that you can't predict the future, so there's no point in saying the Pats will be unstoppable next year.  If everything that can go wrong does go wrong (injuries, bad locker room interactions, the ball simply not bouncing their way), they could be .500

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Well **** **** the Patriots so **** ***** **** **** **** them ******* all!

I feel like this is some kind of riddle.  I have tried multiple combinations of curse words but I can't seem to get it to make sense.

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Well **** **** the Patriots so **** ***** **** **** **** them ******* all!

Just now, Kyle said:

I feel like this is some kind of riddle.  I have tried multiple combinations of curse words but I can't seem to get it to make sense.

Let's make it wheel of fortune.  Is there a "S" ?

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree, but how many people said the same thing about Peyton Manning after the 2014 season?  My point was simply that you can't predict the future, so there's no point in saying the Pats will be unstoppable next year.  If everything that can go wrong does go wrong (injuries, bad locker room interactions, the ball simply not bouncing their way), they could be .500

All sorts of things could derail the Patriots in 2017 so don't get me wrong, but I don't think Brady's drop-off is going to be anything like Manning's. Peyton had that neck thing, quite a big difference there. 

16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

All sorts of things could derail the Patriots in 2017 so don't get me wrong, but I don't think Brady's drop-off is going to be anything like Manning's. Peyton had that neck thing, quite a big difference there. 

As long as Tom doesnt suffer any type of bad injury due to a fluke hit, I can see him playing at a high level for at least 2 more years despite his age. Free Agency nor the Draft has happened yet so it's super early to make any predictions. Having said that I think they will Repeat as long Tom doesn't get injured.

15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Lmao, when there are locker room drama queens they get traded to the Browns. This is how BB rolls.

23 hours ago, chad72 said:

Actually, I would love for the Pats to sign Desean Jackson. While they lit up the scoreboard with Randy Moss, they never won the SB till they went back to their underneath passing with their RBs and TEs due to Brady's accuracy between the numbers considerably better than outside the numbers plus the time it takes for those routes to form against elite Ds that they are bound to run into at some point in time.

Plus, we know how the Saints forced fumbles from Adrian Peterson in the 2009 NFCCG, so if AP does it even a couple of times as a Patriot, he won't see the field for a LONG time, and that won't be a risk Belichick would be willing to take. Of course, he could always deflate the football to help with his fumbling. :) 

Is it a co-incidence DeSean Jackson is going to the Bucs while the Pats traded for another TE? If something works, why change it?

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Bill is doing WORK....just got Kony Ealy on a very affordable contract by moving back like 8 picks in the second to third rd. They are just running laps around the rest of the league.

This hurts... so they moved back 8 spots to replace Chris Long and moved back like 40 spots to replace Martellus Bennett.  Both on affordable contracts.  I feel sick, lol.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Bill is doing WORK....just got Kony Ealy on a very affordable contract by moving back like 8 picks in the second to third rd. They are just running laps around the rest of the league.

This is crazy. Why did the Panthers let go of him? I am seeing on their fan boards that other than playing well in that SB, he did not show enough toughness, improvement and motivation. He supposedly wasn't guaranteed a roster spot going into 2017, I heard. Nothing motivates like playing for a contender. 

BB just takes on guys a year before their contract year and if he cannot get something for them, he lets them go. I wish people would catch on to that and not help the rich get richer.

Great coaching can make discards like Kyle Van Noy, Chris Long, Jabaal Sheard etc. to play well in roles for a year or two, and discard them if they decide to ask too much.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is crazy. Why did the Panthers let go of him? I am seeing on their fan boards that other than playing well in that SB, he did not show enough toughness, improvement and motivation. He supposedly wasn't guaranteed a roster spot going into 2017, I heard. Nothing motivates like playing for a contender. 

BB just takes on guys a year before their contract year and if he cannot get something for them, he lets them go. I wish people would catch on to that and not help the rich get richer.

Yep...he gets them in contract years and they play well then they sign big deals and he gets the compensatory pick or if he finds value they re-sign but yeah...cheap labor with perks. Like I said he just runs circles around other teams. I'm all but sure like 90% of the teams in the league should just block his number....he is taking advantage of them. Their are only a few GMs that can get the best of him or have any business negotiating with him.

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

That Kony Ealy trade is nuts. I'd have done that, for sure. 

No kidding. Move back 8 spots and get a 25 year old playmaker that just had a little bit of a down year? Its like Christmas for NE

It's weird...this time last year we were talking about who would be the odd man out this year with Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Hightower, and Butler. Two were traded, they win the Superbowl, and now the remaining two might be gone too and people are still talking about how the Pats are getting better.

Sometimes things just don't make sense.

21 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

It's weird...this time last year we were talking about who would be the odd man out this year with Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Hightower, and Butler. Two were traded, they win the Superbowl, and now the remaining two might be gone too and people are still talking about how the Pats are getting better.

Sometimes things just don't make sense.

Oh it makes sense. When your coach/gm is a football genius it would only not make sense if he screwed up. His track record speaks for itself. I'll say it again...most GMs need to turn off their cellphone when Bill comes calling....and if they get the urge to call him....well they need locked up in a padded room.