Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BCoop said:

Yep. Kind of reminiscent to last year with Kelly. Rarely see Centers taken in the first but when it's such a huge need and the guy is a homerun prospect at the position, sometimes it just comes together for you.

Good analogy.    Good comparison. 

That pretty much sums it up nicely....

Thanks for saying that.....       :thmup:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I desperately want pass rush in the first round.     But Reddick would be an exception to the rule for me.    I think he oozes NFL talent and I think he's got TOUGHNESS and WINNER written all over him. 

I'm NOT a big fan of inside linebackers in the first round,  but for the right guy,  and I think Reddick is that type of guy,   I'd make an exception.     Just too good.

I love the fact that he was a walk-on at Temple as a CB, worked his tail off to convert to DE (did excellent), then on short notice played ILB in the Senior Bowl (did excellent). That tells me he's hard working, resilient, extremely coachable, and has a great football IQ. Add that to his explosive athleticism and I don't see how you could go wrong.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I love the fact that he was a walk-on at Temple as a CB, worked his tail off to convert to DE (did excellent), then on short notice played ILB in the Senior Bowl (did excellent). That tells me he's hard working, resilient, extremely coachable, and has a great football IQ. Add that to his explosive athleticism and I don't see how you could go wrong.

You said it better than I did!     Yes, to all the above!

Really a man-crush we both have on him....   it'll be interesting on the first night of the draft......

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You said it better than I did!     Yes, to all the above!

Really a man-crush we both have on him....   it'll be interesting on the first night of the draft......

Not ashamed one bit....haha

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but it'll certainly be interesting to say the least.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Do we really want another Eagles player?  Not a single one has panned out to date....

I wouldn't pigeon-hole every player from the Eagles. They signed him fresh off a few solid seasons in Houston, then switched to a 4-3 a year or 2 later. For a reasonable contract, I'd be ok with it.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Wonder why they want to replace cooks with him?

From what I've gathered, it's not a move to replace Cooks, just a severely belated move to replace Devery Henderson (KR).

24 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

If Romo and Calais Campbell go to Denver, that makes them the favorite in the AFC West and SB contender IF Romo stays healthy, IMO. At least Peyton had a better injury history before the Broncos signed him. 

6 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Not world beaters, but upgrades. Chris Baker would make a nice rotation piece with Anderson, Langford and Ridgeway. I wonder if Ridgeway could play nose.

Chris Baker was rated higher than both Poe and Brandon Williams on PFF, I'd say he is starter material for both 4-3 and 3-4 fronts.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Chris Baker was rated higher than both Poe and Brandon Williams on PFF, I'd say he is starter material for both 4-3 and 3-4 fronts.

But from what I have seen and read, he is a 3-4 end, rather than a nose tackle. I'm not saying Baker wouldn't start, but if everyone is healthy then there isn't a major downgrade when rotated out. Everyone stays fresher and produces more.

4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

But from what I have seen and read, he is a 3-4 end, rather than a nose tackle. I'm not saying Baker wouldn't start, but if everyone is healthy then there isn't a major downgrade when rotated out. Everyone stays fresher and produces more.

If we do get Chris Baker, start running a 1-gap 3-4 like Wade Philips does, let Chris Baker and TY McGill play the gap shooting NTs and rotate the others at DE, IMO.