Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 minute ago, BCoop said:

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I haven't spent a lot of time reviewing cap complexities so this is good info to know.

Superman understand this stuff the best here on the website.    Nobody knows it better than him.   I often ask about this and that.

I've got a pretty decent and basic understanding.     I can walk people through most things.    But once things get too technical,  then the water gets too deep for me,  and I page Superman to bail us out....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I don't pretend to know what's going on with Jeffrey.     Personally,  I want no part of him.    

Same here, and I'm speculating, but after trading Allen, that might not leave the Colts with a ton of redzone options that Ballard feels great about.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not only do I NOT want Alshon Jeffrey,  I don't want him if he's going to be paid MORE than TY Hilton!

I hope Jeffrey either stays with the Bears or goes to Philly.

I love Jeffery but I really don't get why we are so in on him I'd be happy with him but that much money could have went to the defense 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Explain please

yeah, injured and ranked 80th in catches and 45th in yards.... we need him why?

We need a big target for Luck. We've been missing a reliable big receiver since we lost Reggie. I think it will do wonders for our offense. I just don't think the price is worth it.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Explain please

yeah, injured and ranked 80th in catches and 45th in yards.... we need him why?

We need a big target for Luck. We've been missing a reliable big receiver since we lost Reggie. I think it will do wonders for our offense. I just don't think the price is worth it.

Just now, stitches said:

I'm not sure he's reliable looking at that injury list

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That and maybe the fact that Ballard was still with the Bears when they were scouting Jeffery? Only 2 explanations I can think of.

Very good catch!      You may have just hit the bullseye!

But I was hoping his checkered NFL history would cool the interest.    It's not like Jeffrey doesn't have a ton of Red Flags to scare off any serious buyer.....       goodness.....       :peek:

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts are not built to win NOW.    That's why Grigson is unemployed.     You're taking a fans viewpoint,  not a GM's viewpoint.

I don't pretend to know what's going on with Jeffrey.     Personally,  I want no part of him.    

We can win the South this year and make the playoffs,  but it's highly doubtful that the Colts can make a deep run in the playoffs.     We lack a lot of badly needed talent.

How so? Pagano expects to win. He will not be the coach if we do not win a playoff game next year. I think Ballard is being careful in his approach on our expectations, but he knows with Luck we aren't that far away. Fully expect us to win 11 games if he makes the right moves. We have some pieces. With a great draft and 3 or 4 free agents(2 big FA's), we are there with the best of them. The only team that scares me is the Patriots. But that has never changed. People are gonna be surprised at how good luck leads this team with a healthy shoulder to throw with. 

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

How so? Pagano expects to win. He will not be the coach if we do not win a playoff game next year. I think Ballard is being careful in his approach on our expectations, but he knows with Luck we aren't that far away. Fully expect us to win 11 games if he makes the right moves. We have some pieces. With a great draft and 3 or 4 free agents(2 big FA's), we are there with the best of them. The only team that scares me is the Patriots. But that has never changed. People are gonna be surprised at how good luck leads this team with a healthy shoulder to throw with. 

We might win 11 regular season games.     And we might win a playoff game.

And then reality will set in that we don't have much talent on defense.   And that's where games are won and lost in the playoffs.     The further you go the better your defense has to be.

And considering how bad our defense was this year,   we have too much work to do in just one off-season.   We're going to need 2-3 years to build this defense right.

Pagano can retain his job by getting the most out of his team.    If Ballard feels like Pagano is maximizing the talent on the roster and making good in-game decisions,  then he's got a good chance to keep his job.   But if he doesn't,  then the Colts might have a new HC in 2018.    Just life in the NFL.

OUCH. That's doesn't bode well for anyone trying to sign Bouye, because that contract set the CB market this year.

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Assuming we trade for Kendricks, and I thought that got shot down yesterday,  he is set to make $11 Million over the next TWO years and 18 Million over the next 3 years.     His contract is very reasonable.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/mychal-kendricks-9856/

As for how he plays,  I'd take the judgement of Ballard, the coaches and the scouts over fans every time.

Especially Philly fans...

55 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Personally, I'm a fan of Haason Reddick at 15

source.gif

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Reggie Wayne:

2003 Indianapolis Colts 16 68 838 12.3 52.4 57T 7 8 1 49 0

2002 Indianapolis Colts 16 49 716 14.6 44.8 49 4 11 4 35 2

2001 Indianapolis Colts 13 27 345 12.8 26.5 43 0 6 1 19 0

Moncrief:

2016 Indianapolis Colts 9 30 307 10.2 34.1 39 7 3 0 22 0

2015 Indianapolis Colts 16 64 733 11.5 45.8 33 6 9 0 40 0

2014 Indianapolis Colts 16 32 444 13.9 27.8 79T 3 7 3 15 0

the old reggie argument.  some guys start slow, and pick it up later, and others never get there

you could bring this up regarding any player that starts out slow, but most wont come near being a future hall of famer

Just now, Shive said:

OUCH. That's doesn't bode well for anyone trying to sign Bouye, because that contract set the CB market this year.

Especially Philly fans...

source.gif

Oddly enough, I'm a fan of Reddick as an ILB more than OLB.    But most here want him outside.

I see him as Eddie Kendrick of UCLA last year,  but slightly bigger and more explosive.     I'm sold.

Oddly enough, I'm a fan of Reddick as an ILB more than OLB.    But most here want him outside.

I see him as Eddie Kendrick of UCLA last year,  but slightly bigger and more explosive.     I'm sold.

I'd want him at ILB as well not sure I can take him at 15 

Might as well say it here and now....

I hope we're not trading Dorsett today or in the next few days or weeks.    Think we'll be lucky to get pennies on the dollar this time of year.

He's still on his rookie contract so it won't/can't hurt to keep him.    He should still be getting better and he's got too much raw talent to give up on him so soon.    

As much as I don't like Jeffrey,  I don't like buying high and selling low on a player of Dorsett's raw skill set.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I'm a fan of him inside as well. I love that he has the versatility to kick outside though. Eric Kendricks was my guy, despite most thinking he wasn't 1st round material, and I think that's a pretty solid comparison.

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I'm not a fan of that line of thinking. What you made on the franchise tag, to me, isn't relevant. The tag just means your team was willing to overpay a year to keep you on the roster. It doesn't dictate worth. You're only worth what someone will pay. That price is way too high for Jeffery..

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm a fan of him inside as well. I love that he has the versatility to kick outside though. Eric Kendricks was my guy, despite most thinking he wasn't 1st round material, and I think that's a pretty solid comparison.

I desperately want pass rush in the first round.     But Reddick would be an exception to the rule for me.    I think he oozes NFL talent and I think he's got TOUGHNESS and WINNER written all over him. 

I'm NOT a big fan of inside linebackers in the first round,  but for the right guy,  and I think Reddick is that type of guy,   I'd make an exception.     Just too good.

I desperately want pass rush in the first round.     But Reddick would be an exception to the rule for me.    I think he oozes NFL talent and I think he's got TOUGHNESS and WINNER written all over him. 

I'm NOT a big fan of inside linebackers in the first round,  but for the right guy,  and I think Reddick is that type of guy,   I'd make an exception.     Just too good.

Yep. Kind of reminiscent to last year with Kelly. Rarely see Centers taken in the first but when it's such a huge need and the guy is a homerun prospect at the position, sometimes it just comes together for you.