Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

wonder if Kendricks will be next

I'd be happy with Kendrick, Hightower, and Edwin Jackson at ILB. Then sign Jabaal Sheard since perry is gone. Dontari Poe. And draft a corner and draft or sign a safety to compete with Green. Our defense will see vast improvements. 

1 minute ago, Beizy317 said:

He is playing his best football right now but still very surprising he received that much money. Especially at his age!

Yeah he is playing great. But one injury at 35, with his height, his ankles and knees might not recover. Makes him top 3 in LT money I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah he is playing great. But one injury at 35, with his height, his ankles and knees might not recover. Makes him top 3 in LT money I believe. 

Right, very true. Makes you wonder what a 27 year old Kevin Zeitler is going to recieve now.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Wow. I like Ballard. But I'm not gonna like Ballard's first free agency if he doesn't sign any top free agents. We can't wait 3 years to be Super Bowl contenders. Luck should have a super bowl by now and we can't waste anymore of his time. 

Just now, Beizy317 said:

Right, very true. Makes you wonder what a 27 year old Kevin Zeitler is going to recieve now.

Yeah. I would have rather had Wagner at 10.5 million a year than a RG at 12-13 million a year. But still wanted Zeiter because he was the best guard available. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Wow. I like Ballard. But I'm not gonna like Ballard's first free agency if he doesn't sign any top free agents. We can't wait 3 years to be Super Bowl contenders. Luck should have a super bowl by now and we can't waste anymore of his time. 

I think we are being hush hush until after 4pm today

5 hours ago, Finball said:

I think Calais can play almost anywhere on the dline, in any front. He's that good. Teams don't play that much in base defenses anyway anymore.

Very true. I was thinking of him in a Justin Tuck type role. Rotate at DE most downs, then kick inside on passing downs.

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

No. Luck is 27 not 37.

Going all in to win now is the worst thing that Ballard could do. Some of these contracts are going to hamstring teams for the next 3-5 years. 12 mil per for a 35 year old tackle? Estimated 13-15 mil for a CB (Bouye) that has had ONE strong year with an outstanding defense when the draft has 10-12 guys with grades in the top 2 rounds? 12-13 mil for a RG when we have young guys to fill the role already? I'll pass every time if that's the going rate. Build through the draft. Supplement with affordable depth.

I'm hoping for Larry Warford and Brandon Williams. I guess Sheard sinice perry is not available and I'd also like Claiborne. I know we won't get them all lol buyeah those all all people of like still avaliable. Also wouldn't mind Jeffery if we trade Dorsett or Moncrief.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I think we are being hush hush until after 4pm today

Yeah. Maybe. Poe, Sheard, and one of the guard available and I will be content. Hightower too and I'm stoked. I'd rather not overpay for Bouye honestly. But would still be glad to have him. Prince would be a good value signing to be our NO. 2. 

I'm hoping for Larry Warford and Brandon Williams. I guess Sheard sinice perry is not available and I'd also like Claiborne. I know we won't get them all lol buyeah those all all people of like still avaliable. Also wouldn't mind Jeffery if we trade Dorsett or Moncrief.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Not sure why I would. It doesn't make a lick of difference to me either way.

Bottom line, Gilmore has a ton of natural talent that hasn't been forced to be accountable. It's possible the change of scenery elevates him the same way it did for Vontae.

Honest question, what do people see in Kendricks? The guy has been less effective than any of our starting linebackers the past 3 years and seems to be regressing. Philly is willing to dump him for absolutely nothing. Why would he be better than either Morrison/EJax or whatever 3rd-5th rounder we could select instead?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Rather trade dorsett then moncrief

Trading either Dorsett or Moncrief for a guy that is about to be cut for a lack of production is quite possibly the worst idea I've heard all offseason.

18 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Honest question, what do people see in Kendricks? The guy has been less effective than any of our starting linebackers the past 3 years and seems to be regressing. Philly is willing to dump him for absolutely nothing. Why would he be better than either Morrison/EJax or whatever 3rd-5th rounder we could select instead?

Not seeing it either.

3 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Trading either Dorsett or Moncrief for a guy that is about to be cut for a lack of production is quite possibly the worst idea I've heard all offseason.

Who cares? he is a 3-4 ILB playing in a 4-3 he doesn't fit there anymore. Plus he is cheaper to trade for then sign in Free Agency.