Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

12 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

I just don't see a real NT in the draft though. At least not that has stood out to me...but that's only me. I'd watched some of Johnson from Iowa and saw him get completely washed a number times when he took on double teams, wasn't looking too fit for NT. 

I really liked Johnson but the more I watched the less impressed I was. I think he'll make a good DE but he's no NT. 

Jarron Jones or  Dalvin Tomlinson could be some guys that could play NT for us. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Actually this is a very good post.   It shoews where the needs are.   And I am going back to my stand that we need an OT in round one.    And a CB in round 2.   If you look at the areas on This team that are most injured it is Oline and DB's.   Really need to build those two areas.     

What the picture doesn't show is Haeg, and the fact that LeRaven Clark improved at the end of the season( which makes sense seeing as he was extremely raw) We could use a guard, but Clark looks to be our RT. We do deserately need a CB. And ILB. 

4 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I really liked Johnson but the more I watched the less impressed I was. I think he'll make a good DE but he's no NT. 

Jarron Jones or  Dalvin Tomlinson could be some guys that could play NT for us. 

Dalvin to me looks more like he's a 3/5 tech. Now if we were to look at 1 gap guys then I'd look at Brantley or Adam's. I was just watching some of Adam's and I don't think he'll be real true 2 gap nose guy but as a 1 gap kinda guy I think he could really be stout and effective, and he has alot of power. 

30 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Dalvin to me looks more like he's a 3/5 tech. Now if we were to look at 1 gap guys then I'd look at Brantley or Adam's. I was just watching some of Adam's and I don't think he'll be real true 2 gap nose guy but as a 1 gap kinda guy I think he could really be stout and effective, and he has alot of power. 

Brantley and Adams are unblockable at times. Just pure terrors. Both can be inconsistent from what I hear though. 

On 3/9/2017 at 10:11 AM, Colts1324 said:

Wow. I like Ballard. But I'm not gonna like Ballard's first free agency if he doesn't sign any top free agents. We can't wait 3 years to be Super Bowl contenders. Luck should have a super bowl by now and we can't waste anymore of his time. 

i dont have time to wait i will be 73 in may

20 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Brantley and Adams are unblockable at times. Just pure terrors. Both can be inconsistent from what I hear though. 

Yeah I've heard that too, but just about any player has some downside, so to me it's a matter of give and take. I think Adam's really has some physical gifts though, he's just a monster and if he wants to be unstoppable he can be.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

I guess we're not even bringing in Zachary? 

We really need to sit and wait.   Need to be able to sign Poe and wait to see who gets released.  Because I think more are going to after the draft.   Can tuck all your singles on the first stripper.... there are more in the back room

Just now, Coltfreak said:

We really need to sit and wait.   Need to be able to sign Poe and wait to see who gets released.  Because I think more are going to after the draft.   Can tuck all your singles on the first stripper.... there are more in the back room

If Poe doesn't sign with the dolphins today, I think there's a good chance we will get him. 

34 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

If Poe doesn't sign with the dolphins today, I think there's a good chance we will get him. 

Do you know if he has any other scheduled stops?  I did a quick search and didn't find anything.  I doubt he signs with the Dolphins today because they already have a tight cap space and they still need to sign their rookies.  The Dolphins reportedly can't offer much more than $4million per year since they already have the 4th most money league-wide already tied up in their defensive line.  Absent a restructuring of Suh's contract (which is not likely since he's only going into the 3rd year of his 6 year deal) or even Tannehill's, it's unlikely the Dolphins land Poe.

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Do you know if he has any other scheduled stops?  I did a quick search and didn't find anything.  I doubt he signs with the Dolphins today because they already have a tight cap space and they still need to sign their rookies.  The Dolphins reportedly can't offer much more than $4million per year since they already have the 4th most money league-wide already tied up in their defensive line.  Absent a restructuring of Suh's contract (which is not likely since he's only going into the 3rd year of his 6 year deal) or even Tannehill's, it's unlikely the Dolphins land Poe.

Maybe Oakland? I think that's it though. 

58 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

i concur

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

They have been relatively quiet this year so far. They've got massive extensions for Carr and Mack looming.

Which is why Poe makes a lot of sense for them.  He's looking for a 1 year deal, and they can afford him in the short-term, but perhaps not the long-term.

11 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

He turns 39 this year.  He claims red wine is the reason he's able to play so well into such old age haha

Vikings fans, including myself, are very pleased that we re-signed Newman. Despite his age, he had a very good year. At one point last year, PFF rated him the second best CB in the NFL, better Xavier Rhodes. I wanted Munnerlyn back but after he signed elsewhere, I thought it was imperative to re-sign Newman. He is a great team guy too.

In other news, the Vikes signed Latavius Murray. Meh. We needed to move on from AP but this signing does not excite me. The only good thing I see is that he is a good blocker. 

From Gregg Rosenthal's article at NFL.com on best team fits for top remaining free agents :

Johnathan Hankins, defensive tackle

NFL fans don't know Hankins well after his first four years in the league, but it's surprising to see NFL teams share the apathy. The defensive tackle market has been slow to develop throughout free agency, with Dontari Poe also still available and Bennie Logan not signing a contract until Monday. Turning 25 years old at the end of the month, Hankins boasts impressive upside and experience as a three-year starter for the Giants. How many 320-pound run stuffers have a seven-sack season on their résumé?

Our No. 3 free agent still available, Hankins has generated suboptimal buzz. He looks destined to wind up on a short-term deal with a team looking for value. The FalconsColtsDolphins and Packers should be in the market for a defensive tackle like Hankins, with the first three teams meeting with Poe. The Colts already have shown an eye for value early in free agency. Getting Hankins at a discount rate would make a lot of sense.

BEST FIT: Indianapolis Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793234/article/best-team-fits-for-notable-remaining-free-agents

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

From Gregg Rosenthal's article at NFL.com on best team fits for top remaining free agents :

Johnathan Hankins, defensive tackle

NFL fans don't know Hankins well after his first four years in the league, but it's surprising to see NFL teams share the apathy. The defensive tackle market has been slow to develop throughout free agency, with Dontari Poe also still available and Bennie Logan not signing a contract until Monday. Turning 25 years old at the end of the month, Hankins boasts impressive upside and experience as a three-year starter for the Giants. How many 320-pound run stuffers have a seven-sack season on their résumé?

Our No. 3 free agent still available, Hankins has generated suboptimal buzz. He looks destined to wind up on a short-term deal with a team looking for value. The FalconsColtsDolphins and Packers should be in the market for a defensive tackle like Hankins, with the first three teams meeting with Poe. The Colts already have shown an eye for value early in free agency. Getting Hankins at a discount rate would make a lot of sense.

BEST FIT: Indianapolis Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793234/article/best-team-fits-for-notable-remaining-free-agents

Good article!  I have wanted Hankins since FA started.  Great upside for half of what Poe wants.