Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

A lot of injuries in his career.  Expect that to improve as he gets older?

One good year plus injury concerns.  This is what you avoid spending big money on in free agency.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Supposedly he's the one that got P-Rob last year, apparently meeting with Chuck is what sealed the deal.

Signing Robinson was no great thing.... he was signed to be an outside CB and he sucks at that... it was a dumb signing so yea that probabaly was all Pagano

21 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Sign this man!!! Letttttttssss fing gooooo!!!!!

Teams can contact players agents (not the actual players, though) and even agree to contracts and terms in principal, but they cannot put pen to paper and make it official until After Thursday Mar. 9th,  4:00 pm EST when the new NFL season officially begins.

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Teams can contact players agents (not the actual players, though) and even agree to contracts and terms in principal, but they cannot put pen to paper and make it official until After Thursday Mar. 9th,  4:00 pm EST when the new NFL season officially begins.

I know I was just saying they need to sign him

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

He is still only 26, and had a great year. It's a concern, but the improvements and physical profile are a nice prospect for the Colts.

Yes, one great year, 11 sacks.  Until then I think he started 16 games in the previous four years and had a total of 11.5 sacks.  

I'm not trying to put him down, he may have finally hit the potential they saw in him. I just think it's risky to sign a guy who's known to be injury prone.  

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Signing Robinson was no great thing.... he was signed to be an outside CB and he sucks at that... it was a dumb signing so yea that probabaly was all Pagano

No one's saying it was a brilliant signing, but he had other teams trying to sign him & he chose the Colts, and was quoted as saying Pagano was a big reason why. Not sure if that'll be enough to sign a guy like Hightower or Poe, but if one of those guys meets with Chuck, I like our chances.

22 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No one's saying it was a brilliant signing, but he had other teams trying to sign him & he chose the Colts, and was quoted as saying Pagano was a big reason why. Not sure if that'll be enough to sign a guy like Hightower or Poe, but if one of those guys meets with Chuck, I like our chances.

That was because his former DC in SD was Pagano's brother, and the scheme and terminology was very similar......  not necessarily that Pagano was some excellent recruiter

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yes, one great year, 11 sacks.  Until then I think he started 16 games in the previous four years and had a total of 11.5 sacks.  

I'm not trying to put him down, he may have finally hit the potential they saw in him. I just think it's risky to sign a guy who's known to be injury prone.  

And I'm not trying to say I am right, but I like him as a prospect very much.

5 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

And I'm not trying to say I am right, but I like him as a prospect very much.

No, I agree.  I really liked what he did last year.  Some people are saying it had a lot to do with the players around him and how teams had to gameplan for them first.  I haven't looked at any of his games to see how he got all those sacks.

My concern, as with all guys who've had injuries in the past, is how many games is he going to be on the field. 

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

You never trade up for a running back, especially in this class.

If they feel the guy is talented enough I wouldn't be upset. It would also help on both sides of the football. Whatever this team decides to do I'm for it. 

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Why? We have a need at RB

Spending a single first round pick on a RB is against my religion....spending what it would cost to move up into the top 10 of the first round (multiple first round picks) for a RB is just....ok I've always said that no one single decision is worth being fired over but this would be the exception.  If Ballard traded UP into the top 10 of the draft, giving up who knows how many draft picks to do so, only to select a RB then yes, I would immediately want him to be fired.  Especially when we're not 100% sure that the OL is set.

Just now, a06cc said:

Class not as good as you think. Only about 5 are starters. Then you have back-ups left.

I agree it's overrated, but 5 starters out of one draft class is still a lot, especially seeing as about 7 others have the potential to start later down the line.

15 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

You never trade up for a running back, especially in this class.

You might not trade up in the first round,  but teams will trade up to get the running back they love.

Teams won't take an approach that all RB's are roughly the same.    They fall in love with certain guys and make moves to get the ones they want.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You might not trade up in the first round,  but teams will trade up to get the running back they love.

Teams won't take an approach that all RB's are roughly the same.    They fall in love with certain guys and make moves to get the ones they want.

plus it's one of those things to where if you can get game breaker,  you take it, no matter the position(unless you already have a game breaker at the same position.)

52 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Spending a single first round pick on a RB is against my religion....spending what it would cost to move up into the top 10 of the first round (multiple first round picks) for a RB is just....ok I've always said that no one single decision is worth being fired over but this would be the exception.  If Ballard traded UP into the top 10 of the draft, giving up who knows how many draft picks to do so, only to select a RB then yes, I would immediately want him to be fired.  Especially when we're not 100% sure that the OL is set.

I don't think any of the backs this year are equal to Zeke's level, so no, I Wouldn't. trade up.

But for a RB like Zeke or a AP. yeah I WOULD,

18 hours ago, Jason_S said:

if the Colts trade UP and draft a RB....well I'd be staying off the forums for a couple of weeks. lol

18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

LOL. True.

The fans would pack Chris's bags for him, drive him to the airport, and give him a one-way ticket back to Kansas City,

18 hours ago, Jason_S said:

hell I'd be there with boxes and packing tape lol

I'd burn his crap, throw him on a greyhound and tell him never to come back....

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Why? We have a need at RB

We fired Grigson because he probably would have took a RB. We're building a damn defense. Common sense and being a Colts fan should tell you that. 

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Class not as good as you think. Only about 5 are starters. Then you have back-ups left.

Class is very good. You're in the minority.