Majin Vegeta

FA Rumors

1,408 posts in this topic

Jack Doyle one of the best signings we'll make this offseason. No matter who else we get. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

second big name

He is my dream signing in FA.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

He is my dream signing in FA.

 

A lot of injuries in his career.  Expect that to improve as he gets older?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

second big name

Sign this man!!! Letttttttssss fing gooooo!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

 

A lot of injuries in his career.  Expect that to improve as he gets older?

He is still only 26, and had a great year. It's a concern, but the improvements and physical profile are a nice prospect for the Colts.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's everyone think about Latavious Murray?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

A lot of injuries in his career.  Expect that to improve as he gets older?

One good year plus injury concerns.  This is what you avoid spending big money on in free agency.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Supposedly he's the one that got P-Rob last year, apparently meeting with Chuck is what sealed the deal.

Signing Robinson was no great thing.... he was signed to be an outside CB and he sucks at that... it was a dumb signing so yea that probabaly was all Pagano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Sign this man!!! Letttttttssss fing gooooo!!!!!

 

Teams can contact players agents (not the actual players, though) and even agree to contracts and terms in principal, but they cannot put pen to paper and make it official until After Thursday Mar. 9th,  4:00 pm EST when the new NFL season officially begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Teams can contact players agents (not the actual players, though) and even agree to contracts and terms in principal, but they cannot put pen to paper and make it official until After Thursday Mar. 9th,  4:00 pm EST when the new NFL season officially begins.

I know I was just saying they need to sign him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeMarcus Ware is interested in finishing his career with Dallas.

 

..is Dwight Freeney interested in finishing his career in Indy?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

He is still only 26, and had a great year. It's a concern, but the improvements and physical profile are a nice prospect for the Colts.

 

Yes, one great year, 11 sacks.  Until then I think he started 16 games in the previous four years and had a total of 11.5 sacks.  

 

I'm not trying to put him down, he may have finally hit the potential they saw in him. I just think it's risky to sign a guy who's known to be injury prone.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

 Fournette...my Guess

 

Could be Foster, but last I read his stock is falling

if Foster is going to act like that he may fall to 15 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

second big name

meh

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I told this joke before and it may have gotten lame...

 

What about signing Mario Williams, drafting Tyus Bowser, and getting Jonathan Luigs out of retirement? :)

Super%20Mario%20All-Stars%20+%20Super%20

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

What's everyone think about Latavious Murray?

I like him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Signing Robinson was no great thing.... he was signed to be an outside CB and he sucks at that... it was a dumb signing so yea that probabaly was all Pagano

 

No one's saying it was a brilliant signing, but he had other teams trying to sign him & he chose the Colts, and was quoted as saying Pagano was a big reason why. Not sure if that'll be enough to sign a guy like Hightower or Poe, but if one of those guys meets with Chuck, I like our chances.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

No one's saying it was a brilliant signing, but he had other teams trying to sign him & he chose the Colts, and was quoted as saying Pagano was a big reason why. Not sure if that'll be enough to sign a guy like Hightower or Poe, but if one of those guys meets with Chuck, I like our chances.

That was because his former DC in SD was Pagano's brother, and the scheme and terminology was very similar......  not necessarily that Pagano was some excellent recruiter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

 

Yes, one great year, 11 sacks.  Until then I think he started 16 games in the previous four years and had a total of 11.5 sacks.  

 

I'm not trying to put him down, he may have finally hit the potential they saw in him. I just think it's risky to sign a guy who's known to be injury prone.  

 

 

And I'm not trying to say I am right, but I like him as a prospect very much.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

And I'm not trying to say I am right, but I like him as a prospect very much.

 

No, I agree.  I really liked what he did last year.  Some people are saying it had a lot to do with the players around him and how teams had to gameplan for them first.  I haven't looked at any of his games to see how he got all those sacks.

 

My concern, as with all guys who've had injuries in the past, is how many games is he going to be on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gnet550 said:

On the Colts front I've seen us linked to Paul Worrilow, Jack Spencer, DJ Fluker, and Chris Baker...no BIG names yet

 

I'd love Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather trade back as opposed to trading up. 

 

If we trade up for anyone, I hope it is Solomon Thomas if he falls. Ultimately, there is too much talent in this draft to trade up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Solomon Thomas will probably wind up with the Jags.  I could totally see him playing in that scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jason_S said:

 

if the Colts trade UP and draft a RB....well I'd be staying off the forums for a couple of weeks. lol

Why? We have a need at RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, a06cc said:

Why? We have a need at RB

Not enough to trade into the top ten to get one

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, a06cc said:

Why? We have a need at RB

You never trade up for a running back, especially in this class.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

You never trade up for a running back, especially in this class.

If they feel the guy is talented enough I wouldn't be upset. It would also help on both sides of the football. Whatever this team decides to do I'm for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

meh

he had pretty good year, and might be as good or better than most of the rookie pass rushers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

You never trade up for a running back, especially in this class.

Class not as good as you think. Only about 5 are starters. Then you have back-ups left.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Why? We have a need at RB

 

Spending a single first round pick on a RB is against my religion....spending what it would cost to move up into the top 10 of the first round (multiple first round picks) for a RB is just....ok I've always said that no one single decision is worth being fired over but this would be the exception.  If Ballard traded UP into the top 10 of the draft, giving up who knows how many draft picks to do so, only to select a RB then yes, I would immediately want him to be fired.  Especially when we're not 100% sure that the OL is set.

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, a06cc said:

Class not as good as you think. Only about 5 are starters. Then you have back-ups left.

I agree it's overrated, but 5 starters out of one draft class is still a lot, especially seeing as about 7 others have the potential to start later down the line.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

You never trade up for a running back, especially in this class.

 

You might not trade up in the first round,  but teams will trade up to get the running back they love.

 

Teams won't take an approach that all RB's are roughly the same.    They fall in love with certain guys and make moves to get the ones they want.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You might not trade up in the first round,  but teams will trade up to get the running back they love.

 

Teams won't take an approach that all RB's are roughly the same.    They fall in love with certain guys and make moves to get the ones they want.

 

plus it's one of those things to where if you can get game breaker,  you take it, no matter the position(unless you already have a game breaker at the same position.)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

 

Spending a single first round pick on a RB is against my religion....spending what it would cost to move up into the top 10 of the first round (multiple first round picks) for a RB is just....ok I've always said that no one single decision is worth being fired over but this would be the exception.  If Ballard traded UP into the top 10 of the draft, giving up who knows how many draft picks to do so, only to select a RB then yes, I would immediately want him to be fired.  Especially when we're not 100% sure that the OL is set.

 

 

I don't think any of the backs this year are equal to Zeke's level, so no, I Wouldn't. trade up.

But for a RB like Zeke or a AP. yeah I WOULD,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jason_S said:

 

if the Colts trade UP and draft a RB....well I'd be staying off the forums for a couple of weeks. lol

 

18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

 

LOL. True.

 

The fans would pack Chris's bags for him, drive him to the airport, and give him a one-way ticket back to Kansas City,

 

18 hours ago, Jason_S said:

 

hell I'd be there with boxes and packing tape lol

I'd burn his crap, throw him on a greyhound and tell him never to come back....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Why? We have a need at RB

We fired Grigson because he probably would have took a RB. We're building a damn defense. Common sense and being a Colts fan should tell you that. 

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Class not as good as you think. Only about 5 are starters. Then you have back-ups left.

Class is very good. You're in the minority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

 

I don't think any of the backs this year are equal to Zeke's level, so no, I Wouldn't. trade up.

But for a RB like Zeke or a AP. yeah I WOULD,

I don't even know if these backs would go before Derick Henry. And he was a 2nd rounder.  They are definitely not on Zekes level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

I agree it's overrated, but 5 starters out of one draft class is still a lot, especially seeing as about 7 others have the potential to start later down the line.

There will be atleast 5 starters from the 2nd round alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.