Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I stated he was not very healthy. Showing up continually on the injury report would indicate that. Also not being 100% limits your effectiveness. 

You were wrong.  Get over it

No.

You don't understand football.

Get over it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I doubt performance plays a huge role.  Wasn't there a player a few years back that was a free agent from New England that was signed by another team, then released mid season and picked up by New England.  And New England still received a comp pick based on the contract that player received from the other team?

Really? I am curious if that really happen. Only New England gets that lucky or can be that smart. One of the two. That's actually kind of funny lol. 

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Really? I am curious if that really happen. Only New England gets that lucky or can be that smart. One of the two. That's actually kind of funny lol. 

Yes it was Blount. He went to the steelers and did not perform well. Went back to the pats and continued where he left off.

I didn't know where to post this but here we go:

This is precisely what I assumed he is doing - he's trying to create flexibility in future years and using the huge available capspace in this year to achieve it. And people seem to like it:

Also a bit from Joe Banner on possible Poe signing:

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.

You don't understand football.

Get over it.

Sorry Mr. Forum Hall Monitor

Perhaps you could do some scouting reports or form an original opinion instead of regurgitating ESPN

48 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I doubt performance plays a huge role.  Wasn't there a player a few years back that was a free agent from New England that was signed by another team, then released mid season and picked up by New England.  And New England still received a comp pick based on the contract that player received from the other team?

Are you thinking of Blount?

43 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Sorry Mr. Forum Hall Monitor

Perhaps you could do some scouting reports or form an original opinion instead of regurgitating ESPN

I prefer facts.....      no surprise that you don't.

Many opinions around here aren't worth much.

As for my opinions,  you don't like them.    And I'm perfectly fine with that.     You're free to hate all of my posts as much as you'd llke.

Or,  if you prefer,  simply put me on ignore.....

1 hour ago, stitches said:

This is precisely what I assumed he is doing - he's trying to create flexibility in future years and using the huge available capspace in this year to achieve it. And people seem to like it:

Great post....

\

Lots of good information here....

Much appreciate you putting this together for all of us....

Many thanks!      :thmup:

:colts:

1 minute ago, GusBus24 said:

Sounds like Minter is leaving town without a contract and going to visit the Bengals. As for Poe he is still in ATL but is heading to the Dolphins now for a visit. Add another team to the Poe list!

link?

3 minutes ago, GusBus24 said:

Sounds like Minter is leaving town without a contract and going to visit the Bengals. As for Poe he is still in ATL but is heading to the Dolphins now for a visit. Add another team to the Poe list!

Source?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

link?

Cardinals' free-agent LB Kevin Minter, who's visiting Indianapolis today, is scheduled to visit Cincinnati on Wednesday.

I'm told DT Dontari Poe is scheduled to travel tonight for a visit the #Dolphins, at this time. He has not left Georgia yet.

Just now, GusBus24 said:

Cardinals' free-agent LB Kevin Minter, who's visiting Indianapolis today, is scheduled to visit Cincinnati on Wednesday.

I'm told DT Dontari Poe is scheduled to travel tonight for a visit the #Dolphins, at this time. He has not left Georgia yet.

The minter tweet doesn't make it sound like he's leaving without a contract as you stated.

and Poe, I pretty much gave up hope on him already

Just now, GusBus24 said:

dont see the point of the dolphins signing him. their already paying suh 19m

Just now, csmopar said:

The minter tweet doesn't make it sound like he's leaving without a contract as you stated.

and Poe, I pretty much gave up hope on him already

I apologize I guess I was assuming. If you don't hear we signed Minter today then he is off to see Bengals tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, GusBus24 said:

That's meant as a plan of action - meeting Colts today, Cincy on Wednesday, not as news that he's left Indy. He might still want to do all his planned meeting before making a decision and he can still choose Indy at the end.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

That's meant as a plan of action - meeting Colts today, Cincy on Wednesday, not as news that he's left Indy. He might still want to do all his planned meeting before making a decision and he can still choose Indy at the end.

You rather have Minter or Zach Brown at this point?

I think we ought to move on from Poe and see if we can get Hankins at this point. I'm not really sure what we're wanting with Poe and what he wants are matching up anyways, we supposedly want a long term deal, he wants a 1 year deal and then be able to hit the market and get a big pay day. Plus we don't even really know how healthy he is gonna be or how healthy he'll stay. I'm thinking Hankins might be the better choice to go after at this point. But I highly doubt we will. 

1 minute ago, weslo1812 said:

I think we ought to move on from Poe and see if we can get Hankins at this point. I'm not really sure what we're wanting with Poe and what he wants are matching up anyways, we supposedly want a long term deal, he wants a 1 year deal and then be able to hit the market and get a big pay day. Plus we don't even really know how healthy he is gonna be or how healthy he'll stay. I'm thinking Hankins might be the better choice to go after at this point. But I highly doubt we will. 

I'm just going to trust Ballard on this one. It is not like they are not aware of Hankins.

Just now, That Guy said:

Let the Bengals have Minter!  If they grab him, it gets us THAT much closer to Reuben Foster!

I think the Bengals and the Saints are the biggest hurdles to him sliding to us.

and the browns

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We don't know either, they may have contacted Hankins and he may have refused already. That or there's something going on with him as he's not been a name kicked around to any teams that I've seen either

Yep!!! Very true. There is so much we don't know in each and every case. We'll just wait and see what transpires. Im not just not too sure what we're gonna do at NT, I guess Jones may be sliding over there if it gets down to it. Definitely don't see any real possibilitiesin the draft, at least not guys that'd be ready to step in day 1.

28 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Yep!!! Very true. There is so much we don't know in each and every case. We'll just wait and see what transpires. Im not just not too sure what we're gonna do at NT, I guess Jones may be sliding over there if it gets down to it. Definitely don't see any real possibilitiesin the draft, at least not guys that'd be ready to step in day 1.

Well I think if we sign someone, Art Jones is gone. Then again, we may carry him and draft a NT

3 hours ago, stitches said:

The Vikings also use the roster bonus often in lieu of signing bonuses. 

4 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Not FA related but 

IMG_0247.JPG

Actually this is a very good post.   It shoews where the needs are.   And I am going back to my stand that we need an OT in round one.    And a CB in round 2.   If you look at the areas on This team that are most injured it is Oline and DB's.   Really need to build those two areas.     

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Well I think if we sign someone, Art Jones is gone. Then again, we may carry him and draft a NT

I just don't see a real NT in the draft though. At least not that has stood out to me...but that's only me. I'd watched some of Johnson from Iowa and saw him get completely washed a number times when he took on double teams, wasn't looking too fit for NT.