Majin Vegeta

FA Rumors

1,408 posts in this topic

Texans discussing a deal with Ricky Wagner. 

Aj Bouye talking with eagles 

Colts and redskins both contacted the Bengals about the 9th pick at the combine. 

1 person likes this

Hmmmmm.......9th pick?  That would make a definite difference in who you get.  My thought on that is there is someone they are targeting in that "top tier".  Wonder who it is?  Would a guy like Hooker still be there?  I said the other day on tape he reminded me of Ed Reed, and then watching the Combine I heard them say the same thing!

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Hmmmmm.......9th pick?  That would make a definite difference in who you get.  My thought on that is there is someone they are targeting in that "top tier".  Wonder who it is?

Fournette...my Guess

Could be Foster, but last I read his stock is falling

23 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Could be Foster, but last I read his stock is falling

I think it is reasonable to assume that getting kicked out of the combine is the kiss of death.

Run. Run far away from that knucklehead.

I think the rumor is bogus anyway. The person reporting the story called Chris Ballard, "John Ballard". He has no clue what he is even making up. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

if the Colts trade UP and draft a RB....well I'd be staying off the forums for a couple of weeks. lol

LOL. True.

The fans would pack Chris's bags for him, drive him to the airport, and give him a one-way ticket back to Kansas City,

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

if the Colts trade UP and draft a RB....well I'd be staying off the forums for a couple of weeks. lol

I can see it now

#fireballard

1 person likes this

Cardinals look to have the first deal in place this FA period with Gresham, a 4 year deal in place it looks like. 

The team is going to have to be active in FA. They had too many holes and have done nothing to keep their own FA's, it appears. I really wanted to keep Doyle and I'd love to keep Butler too but I don't think either one will  be back now.

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Texans discussing a deal with Ricky Wagner. 

Aj Bouye talking with eagles 

Colts and redskins both contacted the Bengals about the 9th pick at the combine. 

That one came from a person with 60 followers on twitter. Don't fall for it. It's fake.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

That one came from a person with 60 followers on twitter. Don't fall for it. It's fake.

Good. I don't want to trade up. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

LOL. True.

The fans would pack Chris's bags for him, drive him to the airport, and give him a one-way ticket back to Kansas City,

hell I'd be there with boxes and packing tape lol

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, KB said:

I can see it now

#fireballard

They wouldn't be wrong

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

They wouldn't be wrong

I'd have to see how it turned out. If he becomes a hall of famer for us then I could forgive, but other than that I agree.

I saw in another thread that we are not resigning Adams?...

speculation or truth?

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I saw in another thread that we are not resigning Adams?...

speculation or truth?

Truth. Adams even tweeted a good bye message of sorts. 

1 person likes this

Just now, NorthernBlue said:

Truth. Adams even tweeted a good bye message of sorts. 

Interesting, i wonder where he could end up.

According to bleacher report Adrian Peterson is interested in the Seahawks and the Raiders

On the Colts front I've seen us linked to Paul Worrilow, Jack Spencer, DJ Fluker, and Chris Baker...no BIG names yet

15 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Interesting, i wonder where he could end up.

probably retired, not that he wants to......

Here's a big name for what it's worth...

2 people like this

Well if we are going to be "extremely competitive" for Bouye we will see just how much we can persuade a top free agent to come here.

According to some people on this forum, playing with Andrew Luck is enough to get free agents to come here instead of better weather locations, bigger markets, no state income tax etc.

We will soon see.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Well if we are going to be "extremely competitive" for Bouye we will see just how much we can persuade a top free agent to come here.

According to some people on this forum, playing with Andrew Luck is enough to get free agents to come here instead of better weather locations, bigger markets, no state income tax etc.

We will soon see.

According to some free agents like frank gore and Andre Johnson 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We will soon see.

This area does seem to be the one place where Pagano does indeed have some type of magic touch. If Bouye comes to Indy for an interview, there's like an 85% chance that he's a Colt after that meeting.

4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

I'm down for Bouye.

I just want to yell "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah Bouyeeee" in Flavor Flav's voice every time he makes a play.

9 people like this

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This area does seem to be the one place where Pagano does indeed have some type of magic touch. If Bouye comes to Indy for an interview, there's like an 85% chance that he's a Colt after that meeting.

Not sure that closing deals with FA's over the years has really been due to Pagano.  Is that even in his wheelhouse, as opposed to say, Grigson/Ballard/Raye?

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Not sure that closing deals with FA's over the years has really been due to Pagano.  Is that even in his wheelhouse, as opposed to say, Grigson/Ballard/Raye?

Supposedly he's the one that got P-Rob last year, apparently meeting with Chuck is what sealed the deal.

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I'm pretty sure over the years people have mentioned that Grigson was known as a "closer". 

Edit: Here's an article on it. Man this seems like a distant memory...

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Ryan-Grigson-Closing-Like-Mariano-Rivera/c89851e3-28f1-4703-b8ef-a3cf8374a6e9

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Supposedly he's the one that got P-Rob last year, apparently meeting with Chuck is what sealed the deal.

Rob needs to make a big leap this year. Maybe isolating him in the slot with Bouye and Davis on the outside will do him wonders.

Pats put a first round tender(3.91 M) on Malcom Butler. 

44 minutes ago, BOTT said:

According to some free agents like frank gore and Andre Johnson 

And only them two.

Rapoport just reported Doyle got a 3 year deal with indy.

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

And only them two.

Well, considering who Grigson gave contracts to, most were going wherever the money was.