Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts contacted Bengals about 9th overall pick during combine

Steamboat_Shaun

17 hours ago, Superman said:

Yes. 

I wouldn't, but I would understand. He's a dynamic playmaker who can do multiple things for your team, and I think that's the range in which he'll be drafted. 

Earlier I felt Peppers was dropping significantly. But under more examination others also dropping, especially the edge rushers.

With a nice combine and his explosiveness and versatility I think his stock is back up.

I like Peppers and wouldn't mind seeing him as a Colt.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I didnt have to bring up fruits in my disagreement with you. I simply stated moving up to get gems ala Cody Whitehair or even the year Colts could have drafted Clay Matthews, is worth the gamble when the 7th Rounder or even 6 sometimes, end up not making your 53 man roster sir. no apples required. 

That statement of TENN moving up to get OT Cocklin. Well i guess that proves my point of moving up to get gems because if my memory serves me correctly, Wasnt "rookie" OT Cocklin a Pro Bowler? or the COLTS couldnt use one of those guys on their team? Not even rookie C Ryan Kelley made the pro Bowl as a rookie.

Tell me the last time a rookie olineman made the pro bowl, even better an OFFENSIVE TACKLE. like the hardest position to find next to QB. I bet if the colts are guaranteed to get a Pro Bowl rookie olineman, I BET you that they will gladly pull the trigger, regardless of who is on the board. And the Colts just paid luck, AND luck just had surgery.!

The value of good olineman are DISPLAYED when you play teams like DENVER, PATS, PITTSBURGH, even the TEXANS (jj watt, J. Clowney) I just took your oranges and made juice. 

btw im not making a case for them to draft an olineman, Im just in favor of moving up to get the pro bowler (if he's there) versus drafting...idk lets say

Round 7 (239): Trevor Bates, outside linebacker, Maine

or 

Round 7 (248): Austin Blythe, center, Iowa

I agree with what your saying but A you better nail the pick if you move up &B its going to cost a lot more than 2 7th round picks!!

21 hours ago, MTC said:

Oh wait, just looked at the source. Morgan only has 54 followers. I take it with a grain of salt.

Yea, i was going to say, wouldn't the Colts and Bengals NOT want this type of info to leak out?  I assume the NFL wouldn't either,,,they like to keep draft stuff pretty sacred.

40 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I agree with what your saying but A you better nail the pick if you move up &B its going to cost a lot more than 2 7th round picks!!

Ok lol, Why do you have to Patriots me. I was winning for 3 quarters, Now here you come telling me its gonna cost more than 2x 7th round picks. lol THE HORROR, THE HORROR!

WE CANT WIN EVEN WHEN WE'RE WINNING! LOL

the only reason we should move up would be to get foster.  i wont be mad if we give up what it takes to make that happen

a lot of mocks have the Bengals taking him, plus the saints and browns would be interested with their picks in front of us

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Edit:  Colts could be targeting multiple players who will be there at #9.  One of the CBs who can take over for Vontae or Barnett.  They can be in position to pick who's left.

There would be a great CB at #15. There's a good chance one will be there in the 2nd.. And Barnett is a great pick at 15, not 9. 

17 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah the dude said he is a Saftey and he's not that great at it either 

He barely played in coverage.  Never had one interception. I'm not a fan(in the 1st), he's my 5th rated safety. 

On 07/03/2017 at 5:14 PM, NewColtsFan said:

You're offer of two #1's and a 4 doesn't get us close to the 1st pick in the draft.

The first pick is worth 3,000 points.

Our 2017 first pick is worth 1050 points.  

What our 2018 first pick is worth is anyone's guess,  but it's not more than 1050.

And our 4th round pick is worth 50 points.

So,  we are nearly 1000 points short of a deal.  

Sorry,  but it's hard to trade up half a round in the first round.    It's really, REALLY expensive.

Trade art jones dorsett and our 1st to move up

On 3/8/2017 at 1:00 PM, Rick_Grimes said:

If they move up I think it would be for Foster.

The only issue I may have with Foster is that he's 6'0" 229 LBS. He seems a little on the smaller side for ILB in the NFL playing 3-4. That does not discredit his game because he can ball.

Reminds me of when QB Tebow was at FLA and they played TENN VOLS w/ SS Eric Berry. I remember vividly that Tebow was balling all season long ,until he played Berry. Eric Berry was hitting TEBOW and was keeping him in check just like R. Foster kept Cleamson's QB in check during the National Championship game. 

R. Foster is one of those special talents that flash around the field or "Play like their hair is on fire" type of guys. my only concern is size. I guess if he can bulk up like Ryan Shazier PITTS (another small ILB), then he would be fine but still, kinda small for NFL ILB coming out.