Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts contacted Bengals about 9th overall pick during combine

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I think they want to make sure that they get D. Cook.  Ok w/me, I think it's a great move providing my hunch is true.

If they're trying to trade up, I'm guessing it's to grab an edge guy. They could probably get Cook at 15, or even if they traded back.

19 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

I'd trade with Cleveland for their #1...

Colts give up...

2017 - Round 1 pick + Round 4 pick

2018 - Round 1 pick

Colts get CLE #1 for 2017

so we can get Myles Garrett  He's a franchise player.

Oh we'd have to give up much more than that.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Follower numbers mean nothing to me in regards to whether someone is credible or not. Trump has 26 million followers, and he spews nonsense every 10 minutes.

Congrats! You just won the Internets post of the day

11 minutes ago, MTC said:

Keep the pick or trade down. This roster needs as much young talent as it could get.

I cant say that I agree with that, because if that is always the mind set, The Colts wouldn't have TY because we actually traded up to get him. Just because you have many rookies doesn't mean that you have the needed pieces to win. I'd rather have a few (4-6) guaranteed studs than to have 7 picks and getting (5-7) mediocre players.

Of whom, 2-3 players wont make the team anyways. jbh. Get the Olineman ala (Cody Whitehair 2 Rd/56 ovr), than experiment players (TJ Green 2RD/57 ovr) .  

As you can see, We drafted someone that's iffy/inexperienced, and could have gotten the player at the position of need.1 year later, We still need to address what we needed 1 year prior. That's what happens, You pick a mediocre player and 1 year later, You still wasting A pick to get the position you needed to begin with. 

Get me the Jaime Collins OLB, Landon Collins SS, type of rookies who can start day 1. None of those bjorn Werner experimental players who may not even be on the team Week 4.

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I cant say that I agree with that, because if that is always the mind set, The Colts wouldn't have TY because we actually traded up to get him. Just because you have many rookies doesn't mean that you have the needed pieces to win. I'd rather have a few (4-6) guaranteed studs than to have 7 picks and getting (5-7) mediocre players.

Of whom, 2-3 players wont make the team anyways. jbh. Get the Olineman ala (Cody Whitehair 2 Rd/56 ovr), than experiment players (TJ Green 2RD/57 ovr) .  

As you can see, We drafted someone that's iffy/inexperienced, and could have gotten the player at the position of need.1 year later, We still need to address what we needed 1 year prior. That's what happens, You pick a mediocre player and 1 year later, You still wasting A pick to get the position you needed to begin with. 

Get me the Jaime Collins OLB, Landon Collins SS, type of rookies who can start day 1. None of those bjorn Werner experimental players who may not even be on the team Week 4.

The Colts traded up 5 spots from 97 to 92 to draft Hilton...for the price of a future 5th round pick.

To get from 15 to 9, the Colts are looking at giving up a lot more. In last year's draft, TEN traded up from 15 to 8 to select Conklin. It cost them pick #76 as well as this year's 2nd round pick (#52).

The Hilton comparison is really apples to oranges here. I can understand moving up to get your guy later in the draft, but not in the first round when this team needs an infusion of good young talent. 

44 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I think they want to make sure that they get D. Cook.  Ok w/me, I think it's a great move providing my hunch is true.

They wouldn't trade up to get a running back.   That would be a terrible move

1 hour ago, dew5150 said:

I'd trade with Cleveland for their #1...

Colts give up...

2017 - Round 1 pick + Round 4 pick

2018 - Round 1 pick

Colts get CLE #1 for 2017

so we can get Myles Garrett  He's a franchise player.

You're offer of two #1's and a 4 doesn't get us close to the 1st pick in the draft.

The first pick is worth 3,000 points.

Our 2017 first pick is worth 1050 points.  

What our 2018 first pick is worth is anyone's guess,  but it's not more than 1050.

And our 4th round pick is worth 50 points.

So,  we are nearly 1000 points short of a deal.  

Sorry,  but it's hard to trade up half a round in the first round.    It's really, REALLY expensive.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Interesting.

To show how expensive it is to move up from 15 to 9....     just 6 spots....

The 9th pick is 1350 points...

The 15th pick is 1050.

The 300 point difference would need our 3rd (200 points)  both our 4's (50 and 33.5) and our 6 (11.4)

And even those four picks don't add up to 300.    They total 294 points.      But I suspect Cincy would go for this deal in a heart beat.

It's really, REALLY expensive to trade up.....   even 6 spots from the middle of the first to the top-10.  

It's EXPENSIVE!!

Would love it if it's because Ballard wants Solomon Thomas before Buffalo or New Orleans has a chance to get him. Although I'd hate giving up our 2nd this year since there's good depth on defense in the draft. 

Id do the trade for Indy's 1st and 2018 2nd to draft Thomas. 

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion, but D Cook to me makes more sense.....He'll help A Luck from getting hit a lot.  The O-Line has improved, they've shown that in the latter part of 2016.  So, the focus is trying get Cook and an Improved O-Line and we're in business.....Please make it happen Mr Ballard....