Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Reitz retires [Merge]

Vinatieri4

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Joe Reitz retires [Merge]
1 minute ago, esmort said:

I wonder if he was told that he likely was not going to be part of the new GMs plan moving forward, and he just decided to retire and move on rather than try to fight for a roster spot elsewhere. 

entirely possible, that or even asked to take a pay cut which is unlikely given his tiny cap hit

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Well, that came out of nowhere.  A truly solid player for the Colts who could play many positions and play them well. Don't know if the team saw this coming but that should make acquiring a G or tackle in FA a given. Now who?

Good luck to Reitz in retirement thanks for everything you have done for the colts and best of luck in the future happy retirement.

Thanks for what you've given for the Colts.  

That said I'm glad this has happened.  I felt like his play was declining (that back injury may have been the cause) and Haeg is sort of a younger version of Reitz.  

This frees up 2M in cap space for us. 

2 hours ago, esmort said:

I wonder if he was told that he likely was not going to be part of the new GMs plan moving forward, and he just decided to retire and move on rather than try to fight for a roster spot elsewhere. 

Given his injury history and declining play as a result,   I think this is his body telling Reitz that it's time....

When your body says it's over...   then,  it's over.

The NFL is unforgiving.....