Stephen

(Rumour) Peterson to the patriots?

Yea, gonna need a link on that -- even a tweet will suffice -- and title your topic with RUMOR next time. You're making it sound like it's official.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Rumor has it peterson is willing to give patriots a discount. If he returns to form could be a tough combo

Honestly, any combo with Brady would beat us this year. Put Brady and I as the QB and RB, and we could beat the Colts. We just aren't contending this year unless Ballard goes all out in FA and hits big on 4-5 draft picks. Even then it'd be difficult to turn it around in one year.

I quit football if this happens.

His injuries and personal issues will vanish and he'll shatter every rushing record known to man.

• Like 2

Just now, buffalo34 said:

His injuries and personal issues will vanish and he'll shatter every rushing record known to man.

Would it really matter? They are the favorite either way, and they are beating the Colts or Bills this year whether they get him or not. At best, it doesn't make them any better, at worst, they win another SB when neither of our team are in position to contend as of now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

Be ready to quit :sarcasm: I could see this happening. I still think they may bring Brandon Marshall in, I wouldn't put nothing past them :flyingelvis:

• Like 1

I had mentioned this after he got released. Makes perfect sense if he wasn't going to demand an outrageous contract. I mean he fits Blounts role to a T and is even more deadly. He can't play in the passing game and that's ok they have two good 3rd down backs for that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Good to see you're still Football Eeyore buddy. :thmup:

Read the Seahawks have interest too. Peterson though has noticed "rumor is" that some vets go to the Patriots and get that shiny bling bling though.

And then I even heard the Raiders thrown in which btw would have made me laugh a few years ago but that might be a nice addiction with Carr if they learn to run the ball more this season when they have big azzz leads.

I am not the biggest Peterson fan though and he can have that fumble issue in big games. Not to mention he is getting up there in age. However, if he goes to the Pats he will be a stud.......since thats what they all do no matter how much we try to deny it. They sprinkle that magic fairy dust on some player.

16 hours ago, Jules said:

Read the Seahawks have interest too. Peterson though has noticed "rumor is" that some vets go to the Patriots and get that shiny bling bling though.

And then I even heard the Raiders thrown in which btw would have made me laugh a few years ago but that might be a nice addiction with Carr if they learn to run the ball more this season when they have big azzz leads.

I am not the biggest Peterson fan though and he can have that fumble issue in big games. Not to mention he is getting up there in age. However, if he goes to the Pats he will be a stud.......since thats what they all do no matter how much we try to deny it. They sprinkle that magic fairy dust on some player.

Seattle seems like the PERFECT fit for him. I can completely picture him playing for the 'Hawks. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, GoPats said:

Good to see you're still Football Eeyore buddy. :thmup:

Hey, go look at the Super Bowl topic here. I was more optimistic than most Patriots fans that they'd come back and win.

29 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Hey, go look at the Super Bowl topic here. I was more optimistic than most Patriots fans that they'd come back and win.

Aren't you always.

Plus,  I don't think you meant optimistic

• Like 2

Per CSNNE the Pats have ZERO interest in Peterson even at a cheap rate.. (I am not shocked, BB hates RB who fumble.)

On 3/6/2017 at 9:58 PM, buffalo34 said:

now i hope he does sign in NE

On 3/6/2017 at 9:57 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, any combo with Brady would beat us this year. Put Brady and I as the QB and RB, and we could beat the Colts. We just aren't contending this year unless Ballard goes all out in FA and hits big on 4-5 draft picks. Even then it'd be difficult to turn it around in one year.

I don't want a complete turn around. I want them to take their time this year and the next. Cool if we win a bunch of games but I don't want them acting like it's SB or bust. It takes time to develop a good consistent defense. I expect good things in year 2 of Ballard. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I don't want a complete turn around. I want them to take their time this year and the next. Cool if we win a bunch of games but I don't want them acting like it's SB or bust. It takes time to develop a good consistent defense. I expect good things in year 2 of Ballard. 

Because we have Luck we still could win the Division but anything more than that is pushing it. It will probably take 2 or 3 years before we garner a Defense up to get back to the AFC Title Game.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, aaron11 said:

now i hope he does sign in NE

haha poor buffalo34, I think he hates the Pats more than anyone.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because we have Luck we still could win the Division but anything more than that is pushing it. It will probably take 2 or 3 years before we garner a Defense up to get back to the AFC Title Game.

Stranger things have happened

As long as we are competitive this year I'm happy. It would be a nice change of pace to see our players play with some hope seems like last year we started the season without any. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

As long as we are competitive this year I'm happy. It would be a nice change of pace to see our players play with some hope seems like last year we started the season without any. 

I will actually be thrilled if we just make the Playoffs. Never thought I would say that but after the last 2 seasons, I miss Playoff play. Going into every year I usually have the expectation of at least AFC Title Game but I know that is a long shot for now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will actually be thrilled if we just make the Playoffs. Never thought I would say that but after the last 2 seasons, I miss Playoff play. Going into every year I usually have the expectation of at least AFC Title Game but I know that is a long shot for now.

Remember in 06 when the colts established they belonged in the same league as the patriots? I'm ready to feel that again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Remember in 06 when the colts established they belonged in the same league as the patriots? I'm ready to feel that again. 

Me too. I remember when 2005 started and we went into Baltimore on opening night and manhandled them. I said we have arrived. Unfortunately we didn't win the SB that season but in 2006 we did. From 2005-2009 I felt like we were a Top 3 team every year.

• Like 2

Me too. I remember when 2005 started and we went into Baltimore on opening night and manhandled them. I said we have arrived. Unfortunately we didn't win the SB that season but in 2006 we did. From 2005-2009 I felt like we were a Top 3 team every year.

I walked into my parents and my dad had the 06 AFCCG DVD in... it was good to see Peyton in blue again. I never wanted to see the end of that era. All good things have to come to an end. 

It was always a dream of mine to see the colts become a dinesty. I thought those years were going to be it! Hopefully we can make it happen in the Luck era. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

I walked into my parents and my dad had the 06 AFCCG DVD in... it was good to see Peyton in blue again. I never wanted to see the end of that era. All good things have to come to an end. 

It was always a dream of mine to see the colts become a dinesty. I thought those years were going to be it! Hopefully we can make it happen in the Luck era. 

Yeah no dynasty but one hell of a run, from 2005-2009 we were an amazing 65-15 in those 5 years, we were even 6-4 in the Playoffs. Glad we won a SB too.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah no dynasty but one hell of a run, from 2005-2009 we were an amazing 65-15 in those 5 years, we were even 6-4 in the Playoffs. Glad we won a SB too.

the glory days I will tell my kids about one day! A special era for sure!

• Like 1

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

the glory days I will tell my kids about one day! A special era for sure!

Yeah us Colts fans will always have those years. Nobody can take our SB win away + that 65-15 Regular Season record over 5 seasons is truly remarkable.That is an average of going 13-3 5 seasons in a row. Fun times! In that 5 season span we were also 4-1 vs the Patriots as well and beat them in a Title Game so 5-1 overall counting Playoffs vs them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah us Colts fans will always have those years. Nobody can take our SB win away + that 65-15 Regular Season record over 5 seasons is truly remarkable.That is an average of going 13-3 5 seasons in a row. Fun times! In that 5 season span we were also 4-1 vs the Patriots as well and beat them in a Title Game so 5-1 overall counting Playoffs vs them.

Peyton was truly a master!

• Like 1

In this day with running backs especially in your 30s, you're pretty much average at best.  Good luck in NE AP hope you'll get a ring while Brady still active.