Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Official: The Colts Final Draft Picks are......

NewColtsFan

1.   15

2.   46

3.   80

4.   122

4.   144

5.   158

6.   200

The one disappointing thing,  the what I don't understand is that the 3rd round has 11 compensatory draft picks.    Most every year I've followed this they've had 3-5, and typically 4.       The last pick of the 3rd round is usually pick 100.      This year,  it's pick 107.

So, instead of the 4th round starting with pick 101,  that round starts at 108.     The Colts first pick, instead of being around 115,  is now pick 122,   7 spots lower than I would have anticipated.      And our last pick of the round, the compensation for Fleener is pick 144.      

OH wel....   not the end of the world,  but the numbers jumped out at me when I read them.

Hopefully Ballard works his board magic.      I hope we don't trade up,  but I'm all in favor of trading down a small, modest amount.

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

1.   15

2.   46

3.   80

4.   122

4.   144

5.   158

6.   200

The one disappointing thing,  the what I don't understand is that the 3rd round has 11 compensatory draft picks.    Most every year I've followed this they've had 3-5, and typically 4.       The last pick of the 3rd round is usually pick 100.      This year,  it's pick 107.

So, instead of the 4th round starting with pick 101,  that round starts at 108.     The Colts first pick, instead of being around 115,  is now pick 122,   7 spots lower than I would have anticipated.      And our last pick of the round, the compensation for Fleener is pick 144.      

OH wel....   not the end of the world,  but the numbers jumped out at me when I read them.

Hopefully Ballard works his board magic.      I hope we don't trade up,  but I'm all in favor of trading down a small, modest amount.

Agreed, I would rather trade down than up. 

I can't believe the league awarded 11 comp picks in the 3rd, that's too many, hopefully they scale it back moving forward.