Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay, Peyton...knock It Off For Now!

TubaGuy

As a long-time fan and supporter of BOTH men, I'm getting fed up with the spitting contest. This week isn't about Peyton, Irsay or the Colts. It's time for BOTH of you to be MEN, and knock off this childishness for the rest of the week. You are ruining the celebration for all of the fans that have supported you for years.

My two cents' worth.

Hey, I've been, and will be, a strong supporter of BOTH. But enough is enough. If they were kids, both would be grounded for the rest of the weekend with NO computer, cell phone or social media. Come to think of it, maybe that's a good idea...

The drama yet continues this morning. i feel bad for Eli and the Giants and yes even the Patriots and all of their fans as well. I thought this was about the Super Bowl and the upcoming game between the Giants and the Pats. No its the never ending soap opera between Manning and Irsay. Stay tuned as these are the days of the Manning and Irsay Lives. Both of them should shut up. At least until after Sunday.Also the media is part to blame. But still both Manning and Irsay should not even talk to the talking heads.

Unfortunately its more of a story too because the Superbowl is in Indy, so the story has grown and grown and now it leads off every sports show.

I know,

I stopped watching NFLN because I'm just sick of hearing about it.

I'd rather listen to 60 minutes of discussion of Gronkoski's ankle than 60 more seconds of Manning.

I honestly don't mind them playing their media games and much as I mind them both constantly saying "this is not the time" and then doing it anyway.

Right...its similar to back a few years ago when A-rod announced that he would opt out of his contract right in the 7th inning of the World Series clincher. As terrific as Indy has been as the host city for the Superbowl, the one negative is that this is overshadowing the game...

That's just the NFL for you, two years ago colts fans became touchable after the colts obvious decline... now we are feeling what its like to have confrontations between the FO and personnel or players...... get used to it Albert haynesworth

right on the money

As a long-time fan and supporter of BOTH men, I'm getting fed up with the spitting contest. This week isn't about Peyton, Irsay or the Colts. It's time for BOTH of you to be MEN, and knock off this childishness for the rest of the week. You are ruining the celebration for all of the fans that have supported you for years.

My two cents' worth.

THANK YOU, WELL SAID!

My two cents' worth.

Peyton is obviously to blame. Irsay should release him for being disloyal. Maybe he would be picked up by a good team. Then Luck could try to take this sorry team to the playoffs year-after-year.

Hey, I've been, and will be, a strong supporter of BOTH. But enough is enough. If they were kids, both would be grounded for the rest of the weekend with NO computer, cell phone or social media. Come to think of it, maybe that's a good idea...

Irsay is becoming the new Jerry Jones, he should be grounded.

My two cents' worth.

For what its worth and most likely falling on deaf ears, but does anyone remember... THE DANG MEDIA STARTED ALL THIS AND WAS MAKING IT TOP NEWS LONG BEFORE IRSAY OR MANNING SAID ANYHTING?!!

Unfortunately its more of a story too because the Superbowl is in Indy, so the story has grown and grown and now it leads off every sports show.

I had this debate with a friend this morning. He was like Tuba, but I said even if Manning and Irsay shut their mouths this entire week the media would still be hounding Eli, their, dad, and peyton's newborns. To me them not saying anything probably would have made things worse.

As a Colts fan I am more concerned about Peyton and his health compared to what Eli or Tom has to say.

They have not ruined anything and the Super Bowl party here in Indy has been a great thing. When people are downtown having fun at the parties like Leather and Lacey tonight nobody is going to care about what Peyton or Irsay said.

People complaining about this are the ones that spend to much time watching the media.

I had this debate with a friend this morning. He was like Tuba, but I said even if Manning and Irsay shut their mouths this entire week the media would still be hounding Eli, their, dad, and peyton's newborns. To me them not saying anything probably would have made things worse.

As a Colts fan I am more concerned about Peyton and his health compared to what Eli or Tom has to say.

They have not ruined anything and the Super Bowl party here in Indy has been a great thing. When people are downtown having fun at the parties like Leather and Lacey tonight nobody is going to care about what Peyton or Irsay said.

People complaining about this are the ones that spend to much time watching the media.

I kinda know what you are saying, but I don't totally agree. I was downtown this week and had a GREAT time. We have a special focus going on here at my business, and we are having a GREAT time. But as a STH it still bugs me that Irsay AND Peyton, BOTH of them, don't just put a gag on for the rest of this week. Yes, the media has been hyping this, but I can guarantee that if both said they won't have any other comments this week, and then FOLLOWED UP ON IT, the media would focus more on the game and festivities. It's simply unnecessary right now. And for those saying Peyton hasn't said anything...c'mon. I'm as big a Peyton supporter as anyone here, but plenty of people in his "camp/circle" are certainly talking about it. Even just today, his agent was talking about it. Peyton could easily tell Condon he doesn't want ANYTHING said until after this weekend. Irsay could do the same. I just think they are both acting childish right now. Not saying WHO is right or WHO is wrong. They BOTH need to knock it off for now.

Cmon guys,

The media is doing this. The NFL/ESPN know that most of the country outside NY and New England could care less about Sundays game. They are doing all of this for ratings. You have to be able to see through this. Irsay obviously has a giant mouth and can't help himself on twitter ( but that's not new, before most other fans weren't paying attention), but Manning isn't doing anything. It's his fault that a source leaked that he had a talk with his doctor? In the interview on Tuesday he said multiple times that the focus should not be on him. How much did Trey Wingo push during that interview? Manning just kept trying to defer. They both want to deal with this later on, even if Irsays fingers can't help but type dumb stuff.

The only way you can get them to shut up is to turn off ESPN. They've smelled blood in the water and won't stop until it's over- even then they'll keep going.

I honestly don't have a problem with Manning doing all of this. If the decision has already been reached that they Colts are going with Luck, and releasing Manning, then Manning should be out there letting every team in the NFL know he's completely healthy.

I say this because Irsay has said from the start that this is a "health" decision exclusively. So if Manning is cut by the Colts, the perception will be because he's not healthy enough to play. I mean, heck, the team HE built won't even keep him, there's no way he's healthy.

So Manning is out there making it perfectly clear he's healthy enough to play, and he's not damaged goods.

Long story short, Irsay brought this on himself when he said the decision is about Manning's health exclusively.

Were falling victim to media spin again.

As soon as the word of media clearance came through the media acted like Manning could play at a high level next week. What Irsay is referring to is that we don't know his health performance wise. Can he play at a high level again?

All Mannings doctors were just saying the fusion is complete and its not in danger of compromising the disks involved.

pretty sure if he did stop, people would complain about it

that said, he can and should respond imo

I agree, I'm kind of glad the SB is in indy as it is forcing more info then we probably would have had otherwise.

Social is the new tool for marketing folks and we are witnessing one of the biggest PR wars in NFL history.

That said, I agree that social networking allows people to make thoughtless remarks off the cuff that they will regret later.

and both guys need to give it a rest.

My two cents' worth.

I understand your feelings, Tuba....

..but I dont know if we can tell Jim Irsay to 'knock it off'

It kinda his show..

I dont think there's a fued...These are just the steps to a deal....It gets rocky sometimes....

If it wasnt Super Bowl week nobody but us in Indy would be talking about this

My two cents' worth.

agree 100% but take it all the way to march 8th..

You think they both could have just zipped it till after the SuperBowl.

All I really want now is this media spitting contest to stop. Irsay, let's just go ahead and release him ASAP so everyone can move on and plan their futures.

Give me a break Tuba. Peyton has the right to come out and say he is ready to play and wants to play for the Colts. If Irsay didnt want him talking then he should have been letting the media have more access to the situation. Before Peyton came out and started talking you would have thought he was in a wheel chair and couldnt even walk ever again. Irsay wasnt helping the situation. Never giving pure support to Peyton, but rather saying he will make a decision on his future based on his health. Then in the same breath saying he is going to draft a QB with the first pick. That made it seem like Peyton wasnt progressing very well. I think Irsay has played this whole situation extremely badly. Peyton has the right to tell his fans ans supporters that he is doing great and wants to play and let the rest of the league also know that he isnt some washed up player.

My two cents' worth.

I don't think they're fighting through the media at all.

I believe it just boils down to Peyton letting everyone know that he was cleared by doctors to play football again (good positive sign for Colts fans) and Jim Irsay wanted to set the record straight that while Peyton has been cleared by his own doctors; he has yet to pass the Indianapolis Colts physical.

Could things be worded better? Sure but then those words would be twisted as well. No matter what they say the media will take them out of context for a story.

Peyton has stayed out of the media with this for a very long time. He has made few comments and has played his part perfect. What he said about everything changing in Indianapolis; he meant that. He has watched everyone leave and it doesn't feel like the same place. It doesn't feel like the same team to us fans either and we aren't even in the building. That was taken out of context too.

No matter what Peyton and Jim say, their words will be twisted until a final decision is actually made.

If they stay quiet then it's a story. If they speak then it is a story as well. Nothing they do until a decision is made will make anything better.

If Irsay does decide to pay the 28 million then the media will be questioning whether or not he made a good business decision. If he let's Peyton go then the media will question his loyalty to a player who changed everything for Indianapolis.

The only way for Irsay and Peyton to win is for Irsay to pay the money and for Peyton to play great in 2012.

Give me a break Tuba. Peyton has the right to come out and say he is ready to play and wants to play for the Colts. If Irsay didnt want him talking then he should have been letting the media have more access to the situation. Before Peyton came out and started talking you would have thought he was in a wheel chair and couldnt even walk ever again. Irsay wasnt helping the situation. Never giving pure support to Peyton, but rather saying he will make a decision on his future based on his health. Then in the same breath saying he is going to draft a QB with the first pick. That made it seem like Peyton wasnt progressing very well. I think Irsay has played this whole situation extremely badly. Peyton has the right to tell his fans ans supporters that he is doing great and wants to play and let the rest of the league also know that he isnt some washed up player.

Why do people have to make it Irsay vs Manning?

This is a process.

Why do people have to make it Irsay vs Manning?

This is a process.

It's not so much the process, but HOW the process is proceeding. :(

I just want this to end for the weekend and enjoy some Super Bowl fun. Let this drama return on February 7th. Yet, somehow, I doubt either can, nor will. {Sigh}

It's not so much the process, but HOW the process is proceeding. :(

I just want this to end for the weekend and enjoy some Super Bowl fun. Let this drama return on February 7th. Yet, somehow, I doubt either can, nor will. {Sigh}

The process is going normal, the media wants ratings so they change the perception.