Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler now Signed (Updated)(Mega Merge)

AKB

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the signing. He is a glue guy that can help hold that secondary together. Helps solidify the safety group and can cover the slot for us. A nice veteran to help mentor and be a calming factor on the back half. It makes me feel better (not that is the Colts concern) to have him a safety valve to plug in.

I'm fine with Butler being one of the leaders on D as long as it is from the sidelines, the slot or S.

I wanted to see McDougland signed at S. He can play either spot so we should like that. That could still happen. 

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm fine with Butler being one of the leaders on D as long as it is from the sidelines, the slot or S.

I wanted to see McDougland signed at S. He can play either spot so we should like that. That could still happen. 

I don't see Butler being asked to play LCB. He'll play slot and S and do real well there. I think we draft a new CB to replace the hole that has been there since Pagano arrived.

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Melvin is on his way but not there yet

From the games I seen out of Melvin, he will look quite a bit better with quicker and consistent pressure applied by our front. I like what Melvin showed out there last year, much better than what Robinson gave us by far. He could be one of the late bloomer cb's

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Well, 3 guys that we felt needed to be re-signed were Doyle, Turbin and Butler. We got them all re-signed.

Normally, when Colts players leave for free agency and take other visits, they rarely come back. This would also mean that Ballard is not low balling them and giving them a fair offer that they start realizing once they shop around and come back. He may also be asking them to let him know if they want him to match an offer with another team should they want to stay with the Colts.

These re-signings make me trust Ballard, at least for now with valuing existing Colts players correctly. $6 mil. would have been too much for him at his age, maybe if he was 3-4 years younger, and if he was worth more, other teams he paid visits to would have offered it.

I'm happy to see Butler back. I wouldn't have been upset with a 2 year contract with similar incentive driven type language put into it. If he hits whatever clauses he has in his contract and makes 4.5, he will have done an excellent job in his role and that's good for both. That means we probably do this again next year too if we don't get some new prospects at fs. Welcome back Butler, we have flexibility this season at FS and slot. 

19 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I'm happy to see Butler back. I wouldn't have been upset with a 2 year contract with similar incentive driven type language put into it. If he hits whatever clauses he has in his contract and makes 4.5, he will have done an excellent job in his role and that's good for both. That means we probably do this again next year too if we don't get some new prospects at fs. Welcome back Butler, we have flexibility this season at FS and slot. 

If he hits his incentives to earn 4.5 for the season, its probably because he began starting at FS midseason and Green was benched.  

I hope he earns 4.5.