Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler now Signed (Updated)(Mega Merge)

AKB

4 hours ago, Tmoney said:

What young FS do we have? Butler is a solid ball-hawking safety who still has a year or two of prime. That being said if he walks, I'd like to see a true FS in the first 3 rounds. TJ Green is not a true FS, he'd be better used as a match up nickel corner. Put him on athletic TEs or big WRs

I'm sure we'd draft one. May sign one, who knows? 

But I do know there's a 99.9% chance Butler will not have a horseshoe on his helmet next season based off of what Ballard has said & done thusfar 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I'm sure we'd draft one. May sign one, who knows? 

But I do know there's a 99.9% chance Butler will not have a horseshoe on his helmet next season based off of what Ballard has said & done thusfar 

Those odds are a bit absurd. The "getting younger & faster" movement doesn't exclude us from resigning Butler. He's not that old and was fantastic at safety last year when he played it.

Blindly going with that approach is silly. You don't pass up veteran leadership, in a position of need, especially when it's someone that knows your system and can still play at a high level. You also can't have complete roster turnover of your vets, because those are the guys you lean on to help teach the younger guys.

If he agrees to a reasonable deal, there's no reason he's not back.

10 hours ago, Indy1996 said:

He was the best Saftie we had last year in covergae js

Idk about the best but he's really good. That's not even his strength he plays the run a lot better. I love Clayton if he can stay healthy he'll be one of the best SS in the league

Tweetek

I've gotten a lot of Darius Butler questions. My response: don't close the door on him returning to the #Colts just yet.

Fordítás angol nyelvről

1 válasz0 retweet0 kedvelés
      Válasz

Retweet

Tetszik

That's about as far as I can go right now. Anything more would be speculation. #Colts

Fordítás angol nyelvről

Holder is a credible source to me.

I'd like to see Butler on our team again very much, but this is on 2 parties.

Besides the re-signing of Doyle that is the best thing I've heard or has happened this off-season for the Colts. Play the man at FS and occasionally at slot corner if needed until green is ready to take the ropes. He's a fighter,  indy has never gave him more than a 2 year deal but he always seems to make it on back on our squad. The sad thing is when you have 50 million to spend and Butler is one of the best players signed. Oh well, we'll see what Ballard has done for the Colts after the draft. Sorry, rant over, moral of the story I'm happy to have Butler back. 

34 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Turns 31 tomorrow, was 99.9% sure he wasn't coming back. Ballard lied to us. FIRE HIM! :Nuke: 

:sarcasm:

I guess it's a nice re-sign though, hope we draft another safety this year just in case Project Green doesn't work out