Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler now Signed (Updated)(Mega Merge)

AKB

3 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Turns 31 tomorrow, was 99.9% sure he wasn't coming back. Ballard lied to us. FIRE HIM! :Nuke: 

:sarcasm:

I guess it's a nice re-sign though, hope we draft another safety this year just in case Project Green doesn't work out

I imagine he was brought back for a vet/leadership role and because he was pretty good when healthy as a safety. I probably should've started the topic in the Ballard complaint thread haha

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Good to see him back and he's switching to safety which should help. Curious what we're doing with our corner spots now. Draft is lacking in that department.

...... No its not Rob lol. Draft is deep at CB. Really this is a ridiculously deep defensive draft 

2 sleeper picks we can use those multi 4th rounders on due to injury 

Sidney Jones 

Kendall Beckwith 

40 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

...... No its not Rob lol. Draft is deep at CB. Really this is a ridiculously deep defensive draft 

2 sleeper picks we can use those multi 4th rounders on due to injury 

Sidney Jones 

Kendall Beckwith 

CB isn't as deep as linebacker positions. Both of those guys won't be there in 4th round. I would say Day 2 sometime. Sidney Jones may be a low 2nd rounder and Kendell Beckwith maybe a 3rd rounder. Then who? Not much there. Also, might be a good idea to grab one that is healthy. As you can see, it's just Davis and Melvin currently. Need one who can be out there day 1.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

Doesn't say much for Green moving forward.  They chose a 31 year old one year stopgap over a 2nd rounder from last year.  

Green just is not ready. Green needs to improve a lot. Hopefully he'll be ready sooner than later.

27 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Melvin is on his way but not there yet

Melvin's also almost 28. I like him enough but I think it's time to start looking for somebody who can play opposite Vontae, and with his injuries piling up recently, possibly somebody who can one day compete with Vontae. Good draft class for that.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:48 AM, TKnight24 said:

You move forward with the young guys. I get a lot of folks love Butler and all these other players, but Ballard has made it clear he wants to be younger. I'd be shocked if anyone over 28 is signed to this team this off-season. Idk how old the punter is we signed, but everyone else is under 28 we signed 

Looking kind of funny now aren't you?

25 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

CB isn't as deep as linebacker positions. Both of those guys won't be there in 4th round. I would say Day 2 sometime. Sidney Jones may be a low 2nd rounder and Kendell Beckwith maybe a 3rd rounder. Then who? Not much there. Also, might be a good idea to grab one that is healthy. As you can see, it's just Davis and Melvin currently. Need one who can be out there day 1.

You didn't say anything about LB's in your original post about the DB's coming out this year,  so not sure why your bringing that up.  I watch some college ball but mabey/probably not as much as you. But from what I have watched and listened to from every analyst this year,  it should be a very deep DB draft.

Well, 3 guys that we felt needed to be re-signed were Doyle, Turbin and Butler. We got them all re-signed.

Normally, when Colts players leave for free agency and take other visits, they rarely come back. This would also mean that Ballard is not low balling them and giving them a fair offer that they start realizing once they shop around and come back. He may also be asking them to let him know if they want him to match an offer with another team should they want to stay with the Colts.

These re-signings make me trust Ballard, at least for now with valuing existing Colts players correctly. $6 mil. would have been too much for him at his age, maybe if he was 3-4 years younger, and if he was worth more, other teams he paid visits to would have offered it.

51 minutes ago, krunk said:

Looking kind of funny now aren't you?

haha 

He got me, I must admit. I gotta learn to stop believing Coach/GM speak to its entirety. Gotta have that doubt in the back of my mind thinking they will go against their word 

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Now that's the kind of contract you give old *** players!! Way to go Ballard!!! I'm so happy that you have a brain!!

Goodness.  Grigson had been signing Butler to one year contracts for about 5 years now. 

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Now that's the kind of contract you give old *** players!! Way to go Ballard!!! I'm so happy that you have a brain!!

Not sure where you're getting the *** part, Butler played well last year. He's one of the best options in the slot in the league for me and performed well at Safety. 

Just don't ever put him on the outside. 

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Not sure where you're getting the *** part, Butler played well last year. He's one of the best options in the slot in the league for me and performed well at Safety. 

Just don't ever put him on the outside. 

It has nothing to do with his play he is just an old *** player 

3 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

haha 

He got me, I must admit. I gotta learn to stop believing Coach/GM speak to its entirety. Gotta have that doubt in the back of my mind thinking they will go against their word 

You were basically right but it is always good to have least 1 older Vet to help the youngsters. We are so thin in the Secondary that this was simply necessary. He is 31, so it's not like he is Mike Adams age.

*turns 31 tomorrow

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

It has nothing to do with his play he is just an old *** player 

Well it's kinda hard to guess what you're trying to say when you keep tripping the filter! 

Age wise alone, 30 ain't too bad for a guy you're not expecting to play on the outside. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You were basically right but it is always good to have least 1 older Vet to help the youngsters. We are so thin in the Secondary that this was simply necessary. He is 31, so it's not like he is Mike Adams age.

*turns 31 tomorrow

I'd wager Mike Adams has a productive solid season in Carolina.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Well it's kinda hard to guess what you're trying to say when you keep tripping the filter! 

Age wise alone, 30 ain't too bad for a guy you're not expecting to play on the outside. 

Well then the filter shouldn't block the other word for donkey lol

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I get he was your buddy but we are in the mess we are in cause of that dumb # so stop defending him 

Never met him.  If you stop looking for ways to validate your investment in hating him, you'd realize that we were only 8-8 with about 40 mill in cap.  

A "mess" is 2-14 with no cap.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

*turns 31 tomorrow

Do they start calling him POP now at training camp?