Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Lose Coin Toss - Will Pick 15th Overall

masnerj

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who cares really, we pick 15th instead of 14th. You guys have to be being sarcastic about this. There are going to be Pass Rushers and CB's there regardless of our choice.

We won't get Cook now and it's harder to trade. This is a huge deal. There's no positive to this.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

We won't get Cook now and it's harder to trade. This is a huge deal. There's no positive to this.

I doubt we were taking Cook anyway not when you have 5 or 6 other backs that are potentially Good to Great. I wouldn't take a Back until Round 3 but that is just me. Hunt and Foreman both will be there in Round 3 is my guess. We need to go Defense in Rounds 1 and 2, JMO. Like I said picking 15th instead of 14th isn't the end of the world.

29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

hope this doesn't mean CB is unlucky for us. Lol

Moving training camp out of Anderson is lucky for us. :) 

Remember all those wonderful years when we had TC in Terre Haute. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd hate to see us draft a guy like Cook in the 1st round when we more bigger needs at other positions.  We would be much better off selecting Joe Mixon in the 3rd or 4th if he slips that far.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

i who have little football knowledge, have learned by  reading this forum that todays nfl teams dont pick rbs in the first, he will be there in the second

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is bad news for two reasons. 1.) They will likely take Cook ahead of us if he's there at 14. 2.) It hurts our ability to trade up or down. Will cost more to trade up, and we'll get less to trade down now.

One spot is not going to make that much difference....

If there's a deal to be done,  it will get done.     Picking at 15 instead of 14 is not likely to kill any deal or hurt what we get back in a trade....

Would I have preferred 14?    Of course.    I obviously would.    I just wouldn't get too disappointed over this....   at least,  not at this point.

Just a different perspective to consider.....

12 hours ago, Dustin said:

sQS6S2d.jpg

I hope people are clicking on the photo so they can really see what it says.

This is seriously funny!      Well done, sir!         :hat:

Oh, and good to see you posting every once in a while.     This is your favorite time of year,  hope to see more from you in the weeks ahead....

16 minutes ago, camcolts2621 said:

Am I the only one surprised we didn't have the 15th pick from the beginning, I mean we did beat the Vikings 34-6... shouldn't that be considered a tie-breaker or something?

If anything, a reverse tie-breaker. We won the head to head, thus, our record is BETTER than theirs.

Edit: I see what you're saying now, we should have gotten the 15th to begin with, not 14th.

20 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Okay so the Colts will have the earlier picks in front of Philly in rounds 2, 4, and 6 then? That could be good for round 2 considering there is quality defensive players still available round 2.

Minnesota**

6 hours ago, camcolts2621 said:

Am I the only one surprised we didn't have the 15th pick from the beginning, I mean we did beat the Vikings 34-6... shouldn't that be considered a tie-breaker or something?

I have always been wondering that as well.  I always thought first tie breaker is H2H. Anyway, justice prevailed.  

12 hours ago, FACE REALITY said:

i who have little football knowledge, have learned by  reading this forum that todays nfl teams dont pick rbs in the first, he will be there in the second

there has been an average of one taken every year lately

its not that teams dont take them, its a matter of how many backs are worth it in a given class