Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meeting with RB Dalvin Cook tonight

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Colts will meet with a hundred prospects. Don't get excited. 

They have a limit of 60 for the combine. They chose Cook to be among those 60. In the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't mean much, but I don't think it can be completely ignored either.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

They have a limit of 60 for the combine. They chose Cook to be among those 60. In the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't mean much, but I don't think it can be completely ignored either.

Yep, 60 interviews, and 7 draft picks. They're going to be interviewing any player that they have even a remote interest in, it doesn't signify much other than they're just doing due diligence and gathering as much info as possible.

Ballard just making sure Cooks 3 shoulder surgeries are alright, and his 4 arrests are all settled. And that his atrocious fumbling rate was just a fluke. We are definitely picking that stud at #15. I can't think of better value or need. Our offense is terrible, we desperately need a franchise offensive player. I mean who do we even have on that side of the ball? 

And since we will score every single drive, we can continue to field the worst defense in the league. Maybe even have another historically bad defense? Woo that sounds like some horseshoe stuff right there.   It makes perfect sense when you don't think about it. 

8 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Ballard just making sure Cooks 3 shoulder surgeries are alright, and his 4 arrests are all settled. And that his atrocious fumbling rate was just a fluke. We are definitely picking that stud at #15. I can't think of better value or need. Our offense is terrible, we desperately need a franchise offensive player. I mean who do we even have on that side of the ball? 

And since we will score every single drive, we can continue to field the worst defense in the league. Maybe even have another historically bad defense? Woo that sounds like some horseshoe stuff right there.   It makes perfect sense when you don't think about it. 

While I think you're embellishing a little bit, I got a solid LOL out of this.

55 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Man if we take Cook you are really going to be upset. I hope for your sake we don't LOL. I would take Takk despite his injury and go for a RB in Round 3 if it was me picking. Hunt and Foreman both should be there in Round 3.

What might be more interesting is who are the other RB's they are interviewing?  Fournette and Cook will most likely be gone by our pick.  But there is a chance he could be there and he could be best player available at that pick so they have to start their due diligence.  Donta Foreman is the one I'm most interested in.  Curious to see if they interview him. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What might be more interesting is who are the other RB's they are interviewing?  Fournette and Cook will most likely be gone by our pick.  But there is a chance he could be there and he could be best player available at that pick so they have to start their due diligence.  Donta Foreman is the one I'm most interested in.  Curious to see if they interview him. 

I like Foreman and Hunt both.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man if we take Cook you are really going to be upset. I hope for your sake we don't LOL. I would take Takk despite his injury and go for a RB in Round 3 if it was me picking. Hunt and Foreman both should be there in Round 3.

Yeah safe to say I'll be a little upset. 

There’s no way to defend the horrendous defenses the Colts have had under Pagano. In fact, the three worst Colts defenses in terms of yards per game in the Indianapolis era have all come under Pagano, with last year being the worst of them all. This defense needs a lot of change. 

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

There’s no way to defend the horrendous defenses the Colts have had under Pagano. In fact, the three worst Colts defenses in terms of yards per game in the Indianapolis era have all come under Pagano, with last year being the worst of them all. This defense needs a lot of change. 

I have posted this before but I would be happy if we went Takk in Round 1, Lawson in Round 2 if he's there, then adress the RB situation. If we take Cook in Round 1, I wont be too upset because he does have great potential but I prefer Pass Rush with my 1st 2 picks.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have posted this before but I would be happy if we went Takk in Round 1, Lawson in Round 2 if he's there, then adress the RB situation. If we take Cook in Round 1, I wont be too upset because he does have great potential but I prefer Pass Rush with my 1st 2 picks.

I won't have a melt down if we take Cook, but I'll be pretty upset. I agree I want defense in at least the first 2 rounds. Then take Kamara/Hunt/Foreman in the 3rd. Seems common sense to me but we shall see. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I won't have a melt down if we take Cook, but I'll be pretty upset. I agree I want defense in at least the first 2 rounds. Then take Kamara/Hunt/Foreman in the 3rd. Seems common sense to me but we shall see. 

I hope Takk or Barnett is there when we pick in Round 1. Takk probably will be now because of his injury. Yeah your concept is mine. The 3 RB's you named all should be there when we pick in Round 2 and maybe even Round 3. Most mocks I have seen have Hunt and Foreman there in Round 3.

They would be foolish not to at least do their due diligence on this guy, even if we're not most likely in the RB round 1 market. But they're going to meet with a lot of players as well, so as of now this is just a slightly interesting foot note.

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Of those three RB's I suspect only Hunt will be there at pick 80,  and I wouldn't bet that he'll be on the board either.

But both Kamara and Foreman should be gone well before pick 80,  especially Kamara.   And with Foreman down 16 pounds,   his stock may have just gone up as well.....

Like the players,  just don't think we'll get that lucky.....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Of those three RB's I suspect only Hunt will be there at pick 80,  and I wouldn't bet that he'll be on the board either.

But both Kamara and Foreman should be gone well before pick 80,  especially Kamara.   And with Foreman down 16 pounds,   his stock may have just gone up as well.....

Like the players,  just don't think we'll get that lucky.....

Even if all 3 are gone, there are still other good rb prospects to be had in this draft. 

5 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Good point

4 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Blaming Pagano for all the defensive woes is being narrow minded IMO. Pagano can only coach the players who were brought in.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Blaming Pagano for all the defensive woes is being narrow minded IMO. Pagano can only coach the players who were brought in.

I'm not blaming pagano. It says at the end "this defense needs a lot of work". He doesn't have any talent to work with. That's why we need to finally get a 1st round talent on defensive. And also other starters through the draft too. 

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Even if all 3 are gone, there are still other good rb prospects to be had in this draft. 

Agreed.       I was only commenting on the three you offered up for the 3rd round....

But yes....   there are other quality backs to be had...

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I'm not blaming pagano. It says at the end "this defense needs a lot of work". He doesn't have any talent to work with. That's why we need to finally get a 1st round talent on defensive. And also other starters through the draft too. 

Not blaming Pagano is not what you are suggesting in your earlier comments.

I agree 100% with what you say the team needs for sure.

D Cook only comes around in a decade.  Take him, alleviate A Luck's workload and just give the damn ball to D Cook.....Need desperately a homerun hitter.  Defense, is plentiful in the draft and free agency....C Ballard can do all his maneuvering and pickin.....That's why Irsay picked him to run the horseshoe!!