Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Measurements Posted - 3/1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

The times they have played together has Mixon really done much better than him in yardage?

He was way better in the bowl game and perine played all year.plus perine got way more carries so the fact that mixon had close to or more yards then him is even more impressive.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He was way better in the bowl game and perine played all year.plus perine got way more carries so the fact that mixon had close to or more yards then him is even more impressive.

But shouldn't the better back be getting more carries?   I'm just playing devils advocate because I like both of them.   It's just that some of you thumb the nose up at Perine and that's funny to me.

Just now, krunk said:

But shouldn't the better back be getting more carries?   I'm just playing devils advocate because I like both of them.   It's just that some of you thumb the nose up at Perine and that's funny to me.

Things changed cause of Mixon's trouble off field. Had that not happened he would have destroyed Perine. I don't hate him he's just not as good as Mixon. Mixon is literally one of the top 3 backs in this class.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

They split series so Perine ended up with about 10 more carries, insignificant.  Mixon had a 6.8 average versus 5.4.  Both great.  

My sample is is small but to me it just appeared that Mixon was special and Perine was just a good college RB.  Every major school has one like him. Most don't do much more  than become backups in the pros.

I followed Boom Heron from high school through OSU.  If I had to compare Perine to someone it would be him.  

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

?? He had something like 200 yards less than Mixon with more carries last season.  

TBH I only really watched OK play against Ohio State and Auburn.  In both of those games I didn't think it was close as to who was the better RB. 

Actually maybe I was right about him being the all time rushing leader there:

The junior eclipsed the all-time career rushing record for Oklahoma, passing Billy Sims’ mark from 1979 on a 15-yard run late in the fourth quarter. Perine had 86 yards on 17 carries, giving him 4,122 for his career, hurdling Sims’ mark of 4,118. Both numbers include bowls.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/samaje-perine-oklahoma-sooners-rushing-record-sugar-bowl-010317

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They split series so Perine ended up with about 10 more carries, insignificant.  Mixon had a 6.8 average versus 5.4.  Both great.  

My sample is is small but to me it just appeared that Mixon was special and Perine was just a good college RB.  Every major school has one like him. Most don't do much more  than become backups in the pros.

I followed Boom Heron from high school through OSU.  If I had to compare Perine to someone it would be him.  

I 'm not so sure.  A lot about Perine reminds me of Ray Rice.   I think it could translate.

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Things changed cause of Mixon's trouble off field. Had that not happened he would have destroyed Perine. I don't hate him he's just not as good as Mixon. Mixon is literally one of the top 3 backs in this class.

You're saying this but he could never take over the position.  Fournette was the big dawg,   Cook was the big dawg.   They didn't play second fiddle to anybody else on a consistent basis.   And again don't take this as me not seeing Mixon to be a really good player because he is.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

You're saying this but he could never take over the position.  Fournette was the big dawg,   Cook was the big dawg.   They didn't play second fiddle to anybody else on a consistent basis.   And again don't take this as me not seeing Mixon to be a really good player because he is.

And neither one were suspended like Joe and their team's we not afraid to play them like they were joe 

34 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And neither one were suspended like Joe and their team's we not afraid to play them like they were joe 

So what's telling us we'd get any longevity out of Joe?   And again I'm just asking questions here.   Wouldn't mind the guy but I gotta play a little devils advocate.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

So what's telling us we'd get any longevity out of Joe?   And again I'm just asking questions here.   Wouldn't mind the guy but I gotta play a little devils advocate.

Nothing they are all risks but I'd take the risk with more talent and less wear and tear on his body first tho. Just my opinion 

23 hours ago, stitches said:

Forest Lamp made 34 bench press reps. Antonio Garcia is at 24, Ryan Ramczyk - 25

Even more impressive than his bench reps is his 10 yard split time (among the fastest of olineman), I can't wait to see his 3 cone drill time.

Fournette cememented himself as the top RB, IMO wiht a 4.5 40.  The Combine track is slow, so that will change to a 4.42 to 4.45 if he runs on his proday.  But a 240lb guy running that fast is not a good thing for opposing Ds.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Even more impressive than his bench reps is his 10 yard split time (among the fastest of olineman), I can't wait to see his 3 cone drill time.

Fournette cememented himself as the top RB, IMO wiht a 4.5 40.  The Combine track is slow, so that will change to a 4.42 to 4.45 if he runs on his proday.  But a 240lb guy running that fast is not a good thing for opposing Ds.

Bolles destroyed the combine. He's a top performer in pretty much every single test, with the exception of the vertical jump.

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

Bolles destroyed the combine. He's a top performer in pretty much every single test, with the exception of the vertical jump.

With Lamp's resume and now his combine showing his strength and athleticism I doubt he makes it out of the first round but even if he does I doubt he makes it to the Colts pick in the 2nd.  If he does, IMO, there is no way you do not draft this guy.

On 3/1/2017 at 6:33 PM, BOTT said:

You don't get running starts at the combine

lol where exactly did I say that. Maybe you need to learn to read? Or maybe you don't know what "at full speed" means.

I mean 4.40 I'm not saying he won't be higher I just don't expect him to be. I expect him to be under 4.40. This was his 2nd season I believe and at full speed he ran 40 yards in 3.9 secs I don't know how that compares to others but I don't expect fournette to be slow by any means at the combine. 4.40 is a 93 speed rating in madden if you play madden. For a comparison T.Y. Hilton is 94 speed and dorsett is 96. Moncrief is 91 speed.

http://campussports.net/2015/10/11/video-leonard-fournette-runs-40-in-3-9-seconds-in-game/

4 hours ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

lol where exactly did I say that. Maybe you need to learn to read? Or maybe you don't know what "at full speed" means.

I mean 4.40 I'm not saying he won't be higher I just don't expect him to be. I expect him to be under 4.40. This was his 2nd season I believe and at full speed he ran 40 yards in 3.9 secs I don't know how that compares to others but I don't expect fournette to be slow by any means at the combine. 4.40 is a 93 speed rating in madden if you play madden. For a comparison T.Y. Hilton is 94 speed and dorsett is 96. Moncrief is 91 speed.

http://campussports.net/2015/10/11/video-leonard-fournette-runs-40-in-3-9-seconds-in-game/

Maybe you need to learn not to be a over sensitive doooosh.