Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Measurements Posted - 3/1

For those that are interested, measurements are being posted throughout the day for OL, RB's today. Not a whole lot of surprises.

Fournette 6'0, 240 - Seems a little heavy. Comes in larger than Foreman, Conner, Perine

Cook 5'10 210

McCaffrey 5'11" 202 - with some small hands and t-rex arms

Kamara 5'10" 214

Hunt 5'10 216 - Even after losing weight has more mass to him than Cook and Kamara.

More will come as we progress through the week. I'll include the combine schedule below for reference.

RB Measurements

Schedule

15 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

Fournette was a 4.35 40 yard time at 6'1 225 so 15 more lbs in 3 yrs doubt it changes to much at worst 4.4.

You may be right,  but I wouldn't bet the house on that.

Besides,  when you say at worst 4.4,  does that mean 4.40 or 4.49?      There's a BIG difference between those two numbers.

Personally,  I think Fournette made a mistake coming in at the higher weight,  but maybe that's just me?

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right,  but I wouldn't bet the house on that.

Besides,  when you say at worst 4.4,  does that mean 4.40 or 4.49?      There's a BIG difference between those two numbers.

Personally,  I think Fournette made a mistake coming in at the higher weight,  but maybe that's just me?

I mean 4.40 I'm not saying he won't be higher I just don't expect him to be. I expect him to be under 4.40. This was his 2nd season I believe and at full speed he ran 40 yards in 3.9 secs I don't know how that compares to others but I don't expect fournette to be slow by any means at the combine. 4.40 is a 93 speed rating in madden if you play madden. For a comparison T.Y. Hilton is 94 speed and dorsett is 96. Moncrief is 91 speed.

http://campussports.net/2015/10/11/video-leonard-fournette-runs-40-in-3-9-seconds-in-game/

Wow people overstated Forman's size lol. I remember reading scouting profiles on him and people were making it seem like he was this huge, almost Derrick Henry like, beast of a RB. 6'0" 233 is pretty standard RB size nowadays. 240 seems a little heavy for Fournette. Could probably run a 4.3 if he was 10 pounds lighter.

1 hour ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

I mean 4.40 I'm not saying he won't be higher I just don't expect him to be. I expect him to be under 4.40. This was his 2nd season I believe and at full speed he ran 40 yards in 3.9 secs I don't know how that compares to others but I don't expect fournette to be slow by any means at the combine. 4.40 is a 93 speed rating in madden if you play madden. For a comparison T.Y. Hilton is 94 speed and dorsett is 96. Moncrief is 91 speed.

http://campussports.net/2015/10/11/video-leonard-fournette-runs-40-in-3-9-seconds-in-game/

You don't get running starts at the combine

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wow people overstated Forman's size lol. I remember reading scouting profiles on him and people were making it seem like he was this huge, almost Derrick Henry like, beast of a RB. 6'0" 233 is pretty standard RB size nowadays. 240 seems a little heavy for Fournette. Could probably run a 4.3 if he was 10 pounds lighter.

I''m not sure if Foreman's size was overstated or not.

Several things could've happened here....     One,  Texas inflated him.    That kind of thing happens,  but rarely this much,   so I personally doubt.

But two,  here's what I'd guess happened.     Foreman dropped weight.   A lot of it.    His season stopped at the end of November so he's had 3 months to drop weight.       Lots of players,  especially skill guys drop weight to get faster and test well for the Combine.     They often (but not always)  put the weight back on once they're drafted.        That's what I suspect here.     Foreman lost weight.

When you look at tape of him,   he looks like a big guy.  249 was his listed weight and that's what he looks like.  

Honestly,   I'm happy he's dropped the weight,  now I'm just wondering if he plans to keep the weight off and play at 233 in the pros.      If he does,  I think that does nothing but help him.

Just my two cents here......

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Forest Lamp made 34 bench press reps. Antonio Garcia is at 24, Ryan Ramczyk - 25

Lamp has had a lot of good press...we have need at guard....he could be on our board if say some defensive guys don't fall to us. This will be an interesting draft...give us an idea what Ballard values.

Two RB's of note....

Lenoard Fournette came out and said his extra weight is......     Water weight game.

Let's just say it now....   Lamest Excuse EVER!!         :facepalm:

And Dont'a Foreman, who reportedly dropped 16 pounds over the last 3 months very smartly says he ate a lot of crap in college and now that he's out of school,  he's spoken with a nutritionist and he's now eating much much smarter and healthier!    

Let's just say it now....     Smartest Explanation EVER!!          :thmup:

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Two RB's of note....

Lenoard Fournette came out and said his extra weight is......     Water weight game.

Let's just say it now....   Lamest Excuse EVER!!         :facepalm:

And Dont'a Foreman, who reportedly dropped 16 pounds over the last 3 months very smartly says he ate a lot of crap in college and now that he's out of school,  he's spoken with a nutritionist and he's now eating much much smarter and healthier!    

Let's just say it now....     Smartest Explanation EVER!!          :thmup:

Just a completely amateur observation on my part, but Fournette has the body type of the old Oklahoma RB Marcus Dupree.  It easily gets transformed into the blob if not properly maintained.

Not sure if i heard this right? But i thought i saw were McCaffrey only benched 225 for 10 reps. If true that's horrible. I benched 225x10 way back when i was a senior in high school at 180lbs. LOL 

Thats not taking anything away from the kids talent. But he may not be durable enough to withstand the punishment in the NFL. He may be lining up in the slot more than rb.  

52 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Not sure if i heard this right? But i thought i saw were McCaffrey only benched 225 for 10 reps. If true that's horrible. I benched 225x10 way back when i was a senior in high school at 180lbs. LOL 

Thats not taking anything away from the kids talent. But he may not be durable enough to withstand the punishment in the NFL. He may be lining up in the slot more than rb.  

Stanford's weight program which is extremely good and successful does NOT emphasize weight lifting in terms of total weight,  or weight lifted a certain number of times.      So, the program does not emphasize the 225 lift for the combine.

That said,  10 times lifting that weight is terrible and even a little embarrassing.     Stanford kids rarely do well in this event....    David DeCastro did really, REALLY well when he came out....   think he had about 34 lifts.   But he's more the Stanford exception than the rule. 

But 10?      And he's been training for the combine for two months?      Seriously?     Not impressed.

But he reportedly will test very well on all the other events,  especially the two change of direction events,  the shuttle and the 3-cone.     Might have a very good broad jump and vertical too.      And I expect him to be sub 4.5 in the 40.

Bolles didn't bench press because of a minor pectoral strain. Will bench press at pro day. Cam Robinson didn't bench press because of previous shoulder injury. According to @draftCampbell , despite off-the-field concerns Cam Robinson interviewed well with teams. Seems like the star of the day was Bolles. Series of journalists rave about his media interview. I wish I could find it. I hope it's posted at some point on the NFL site.

The best bench press from today was Isaac Asiata, guard from Utah with 35 reps. No notable outliers from the top prospects. Dorian Johnson was on the low end at 21 and Julie'n Davenport was at 18.

Semaje Perine was the best from the running backs at 30 reps. Most were in the mid-high teens. Some numbers for the most notable players:

Christian McCaffrey - 10

Dalvin Cook - 22

Donta Foreman - 18

Leonard Fournette and Jamaal Williams - didn't do bench press, said they will do it at pro day

Wayne Gallman - 21

Brian Hill -15

Elijah Hood - 18

Kareem Hunt - 18

Alvin Kamara - 15

Marlon Mack - 15

Semaje Perine - 30

DJ Pumphrey - 5 (that's the small dude from San Diego St.)

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Stanford's weight program which is extremely good and successful does NOT emphasize weight lifting in terms of total weight,  or weight lifted a certain number of times.      So, the program does not emphasize the 225 lift for the combine.

That said,  10 times lifting that weight is terrible and even a little embarrassing.     Stanford kids rarely do well in this event....    David DeCastro did really, REALLY well when he came out....   think he had about 34 lifts.   But he's more the Stanford exception than the rule. 

But 10?      And he's been training for the combine for two months?      Seriously?     Not impressed.

But he reportedly will test very well on all the other events,  especially the two change of direction events,  the shuttle and the 3-cone.     Might have a very good broad jump and vertical too.      And I expect him to be sub 4.5 in the 40.

That reminds me of Tyrann Mathieu with 4 reps. :thinking:

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Bolles didn't bench press because of a minor pectoral strain. Will bench press at pro day. Cam Robinson didn't bench press because of previous shoulder injury. According to @draftCampbell , despite off-the-field concerns Cam Robinson interviewed well with teams. Seems like the star of the day was Bolles. Series of journalists rave about his media interview. I wish I could find it. I hope it's posted at some point on the NFL site.

The best bench press from today was Isaac Asiata, guard from Utah with 35 reps. No notable outliers from the top prospects. Dorian Johnson was on the low end at 21 and Julie'n Davenport was at 18.

Semaje Perine was the best from the running backs at 30 reps. Most were in the mid-high teens. Some numbers for the most notable players:

Christian McCaffrey - 10

Dalvin Cook - 22

Donta Foreman - 18

Leonard Fournette and Jamaal Williams - didn't do bench press, said they will do it at pro day

Wayne Gallman - 21

Brian Hill -15

Elijah Hood - 18

Kareem Hunt - 18

Alvin Kamara - 15

Marlon Mack - 15

Semaje Perine - 30

DJ Pumphrey - 5 (that's the small dude from San Diego St.)

Donta Foreman and Elijah Hood at 18 may be more surprising to me than McCaffrey at 10. Not that bench is all that important, but I figured those two would put up more reps than that easily.

My boy Samaje Perine with the 30 reps of 225lbs.  You can tell on film he's hella strong though.  I see the Texans are looking to get Lamar Miller some help.  Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to draft Perine.   Wouldn't mind Perine for the Colts either though.

5 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I'd say he turned out ok

What about Lawrence Phillips with his 23 on the Wonderlic? Basically the same as an electrician, bank teller, and firefighter...

I would have guessed -50 for him on the exam. LOL.

2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

What about Lawrence Phillips with his 23 on the Wonderlic? Basically the same as an electrician, bank teller, and firefighter...

I would have guessed -50 for him on the exam. LOL.

yeah that has me scratching my head some lol

27 minutes ago, krunk said:

My boy Samaje Perine with the 30 reps of 225lbs.  You can tell on film he's hella strong though.  I see the Texans are looking to get Lamar Miller some help.  Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to draft Perine.   Wouldn't mind Perine for the Colts either though.

To me it was pretty clear he wasn't as good as Mixon.   Strong guy as far as the bench press.  Doesn't mean much as an indicator for RBs.  

He may turn out okay, but he didn't look too special to me at OK.  

19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

To me it was pretty clear he wasn't as good as Mixon.   Strong guy as far as the bench press.  Doesn't mean much as an indicator for RBs.  

He may turn out okay, but he didn't look too special to me at OK.  

Except he ran for more yard than Mixon did pretty much all the time

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

Except he ran for more yard than Mixon did pretty much all the time

?? He had something like 200 yards less than Mixon with more carries last season.  

TBH I only really watched OK play against Ohio State and Auburn.  In both of those games I didn't think it was close as to who was the better RB. 

Just now, Smonroe said:

?? He had something like 200 yards less than Mixon with more carries last season.  

TBH I only really watched OK play against Ohio State and Auburn.  In both of those games I didn't think it was close as to who was the better RB. 

Perine leads OH in rushing yards I do believe.    Mixon is the better overall, but perine ain't bad.

Just now, krunk said:

Perine leads OH in rushing yards I do believe.    Mixon is the better overall, but perine ain't bad.

You may be talking career.  Mixon led OK in 16.  It will be interesting to see Perine's times in the 40 and shuttle.   Again, I'm no expert on either but it was pretty clear in the games I watched that Mixon was NFL ready.  I didn't see that in Perine.    

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/201

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Perine is a 4 year player of course he has more yards then an underclassmen who was suspended 

It don't matter.  He's usually in the same ballpark as Mixon yardage wise if not more.   To say he's just some goal line back is stupid to me.    If you want a scat type back then of course you go with Mixon.  

Just now, krunk said:

It don't matter.  He's usually in the same ballpark as Mixon yardage wise if not more.   To say he's just some goal line back is stupid to me.    If you want a scat type back then of course you go with Mixon.  

It actually matters quite a bit when comparing career yardage.....

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You may be talking career.  Mixon led OK in 16.  It will be interesting to see Perine's times in the 40 and shuttle.   Again, I'm no expert on either but it was pretty clear in the games I watched that Mixon was NFL ready.  I didn't see that in Perine.    

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/201

I have to correct myself.   He broke Billy Sims record by rushing for 400 plus in one game.    I just think he's more of a player than you're giving credit for.  I can totally see why people would want Mixon though.