Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monster Draft

where all in love with luck even me ..but what if manning can come back ..and we trade luck and get a kings ransom ....im talking 3 first rounders 2 second and 2 thirds...I dont know if the colts would be able to resist...i doubt this would happen but u never know heres how the drafts should look if they traded with the browns...

Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina 1st rd -4th pick (browns)

Height: 6-6. Weight: 281.

Projected 40 Time: 4.71.

Arm: 33 1/8. Hand: 10 1/8.

Dont'a Hightower*, ILB, Alabama 1st rd -22 pick (browns)

Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.

Projected 40 Time: 4.85.

Dontari Poe*, DT/NT, Memphis 2nd rd -34 pick

Height: 6-5. Weight: 350.

Projected 40 Time: 5.50.

Chris Polk*, RB, Washington 2nd rd-37pick (browns)

Height: 5-11. Weight: 224.

Projected 40 Time: 4.46.

Arm: 30 7/8. Hand: 9 3/4.

Nick Foles,QB, Arizona, 2nd - 47pick (freeney trade jets)

Height: 6-5. Weight: 244.

Projected 40 Time: 5.01.

Arm: 33. Hand: 10 3/4.

Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina 3rd -65 pick

Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Arm: 33 5/8. Hand: 9.

Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State 3rd-68pick (browns)

Height: 5-10. Weight: 198.

Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Arm: 28 3/4. Hand: 8.

Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU 4th rd -97th pick

Height: 5-11. Weight: 202.

Projected 40 Time: 4.51.

Arm: 31 1/2. Hand: 9 1/8.

if this would happen the defense would be set but we would have to get a corner threw free agency ...personally i think the colts should dump luck and manning and go with nick foles ...point 1 manning is due to much money and he`ll never be the same and hes old ..2 luck is a stud but what teams will be willing to give for him is a whole alot and u can take advantage of some team out there looking to get >>>ed ...and we all know we can get foles in the 2nd whos a beast but was on scrubby team . i dont think manning freeney mathis brackett addie wayne clark will be back and thats a whole lot of money for us to spend....irsay dont just clean the offices clean that locker room.. we can get a 2nd for freeney mathis and clark to the giants for a 3rd and a 5th ...im ready for the new and improved colts...ppl get mad when i say manning needs to go but if he comes back and cant play that 50 something million gone thats hurting us more then it could help us..get rid of luck that can hurts us but i reall believe he`ll be good but i think foles will be just as good if not better ... GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!

where all in love with luck even me ..but what if manning can come back ..and we trade luck and get a kings ransom ....im talking 3 first rounders 2 second and 2 thirds...I dont know if the colts would be able to resist...i doubt this would happen but u never know heres how the drafts should look if they traded with the browns...

if this would happen the defense would be set but we would have to get a corner threw free agency ...personally i think the colts should dump luck and manning and go with nick foles ...point 1 manning is due to much money and he`ll never be the same and hes old ..2 luck is a stud but what teams will be willing to give for him is a whole alot and u can take advantage of some team out there looking to get >>>ed ...and we all know we can get foles in the 2nd whos a beast but was on scrubby team . i dont think manning freeney mathis brackett addie wayne clark will be back and thats a whole lot of money for us to spend....irsay dont just clean the offices clean that locker room.. we can get a 2nd for freeney mathis and clark to the giants for a 3rd and a 5th ...im ready for the new and improved colts...ppl get mad when i say manning needs to go but if he comes back and cant play that 50 something million gone thats hurting us more then it could help us..get rid of luck that can hurts us but i reall believe he`ll be good but i think foles will be just as good if not better ... GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!

I actually posted something like this but ONLY IF this franchise is pretty confident Peyton can return to form completely healthy. Plus we should redo his deal where it is incentive based to cover us if the same thing were to happen this next year. That way we're covered.

I would change some of your draft picks to this though...

4th overall pick- CB Morris Claiborne (Gives us a shutdown corner since we really only have Powers who is dependable but he is injured a lot.)

22nd overall pick- NT Dontari Poe (Poe will probably go in the 1st so we take him here.)

2nd round- WR Muhamed Sanu (Peyton will want another weapon since I can still see Wayne leaving. Dont wanna overpay for a 34 year old WR.)

2nd round(via Browns)- DE/OLB Vinny Curry

3rd round- TE Coby Fleener (We can release Clark and get this guy to replace him. Fleener is 6-6 and 250 pounds.)

We end up getting 4th, 22nd, Cleveland 2nd, and 2013 1st for 1st overall pick. I think that would be a fair amount. Then we get our QB of the future with the Browns 2013 1st round pick.

I actually posted something like this but ONLY IF this franchise is pretty confident Peyton can return to form completely healthy. Plus we should redo his deal where it is incentive based to cover us if the same thing were to happen this next year. That way we're covered.

I would change some of your draft picks to this though...

4th overall pick- CB Morris Claiborne (Gives us a shutdown corner since we really only have Powers who is dependable but he is injured a lot.)

22nd overall pick- NT Dontari Poe (Poe will probably go in the 1st so we take him here.)

2nd round- WR Muhamed Sanu (Peyton will want another weapon since I can still see Wayne leaving. Dont wanna overpay for a 34 year old WR.)

2nd round(via Browns)- DE/OLB Vinny Curry (We need a young pass rusher in case Hughes doesnt pan out. Curry could be a stud like Suggs.)

3rd round- TE Coby Fleener (We can release Clark and get this guy to replace him. Fleener is 6-6 and 250 pounds.)

We end up getting 4th, 22nd, Cleveland 2nd, and 2013 1st for 1st overall pick. I think that would be a fair amount. Then we get our QB of the future with the Browns 2013 1st round pick.

Sorry I edited my post a little. This would be an amazing draft though and would give us a potential GREAT defense and another WR and TE for the future. Not to mention an extra 1st to get our QB next year.

I like parts of it but not other parts...we wont trade Freeney, especially not to the Jets (who we have to play this year)...we will extend Freeney's contract and probably cut his cap hit in half or more...

But as much as i like Luck...and if Peyton isnt able to play i want Luck as our QB... but if Peyton is back and ready to go as OUR starting QB, i would trade the #1 pick for as much as we can get out of it...i would also NOT pay Peyton's $28million option so long as we have an understanding that we are going to sign him to a NEW contract (3-5yrs) and then we can draft our future QB in either next year or the year after's draft

If that trade happened I would change a few things:

RD1 PCK 4: Morris Claiborne CB LSU

RD1 PCK 22: Mark Barron SS Alabama

RD2 PCK 34: Dontari Poe NT Memphis (don't think his stock has risen to 1st round but its possible)

RD2 PCK 37: Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin

RD2 PCK 47: Chris Polk RB Washington

RD3 PCK 65: Jared Crick DE/DT Nebraska

RD3 PCK 68: Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State

RD4 PCK 97: Tommy Streeter WR Miami

RD2 PCK 34: Dontari Poe NT Memphis (don't think his stock has risen to 1st round but its possible)

Nicely done!

In all the mocks I have seen, Poe is being picked in the mid to lows 20s of the first round. Foles has moved up into the upper picks of the 2nd round. Osweiller has moved into 2nd round. Sanu has moved into 1st round. I do like what I have seen in these mocks and would like to suggest a couple: Alshon Jefferies or Criner as WR, Chapman-NT and Kirkpatrick-CB as his stock has seem to have dropped and I do not know why.

1. Morris Claiborne CB

1. Mike Adams LT

2. Mark Barron SS

2. Leonard Johnson CB

3. Vontaze Burfict ILB

3. Brock Osweiler QB

4. Joe Adams WR

5. Terrance Ganaway

5. Aikem Hicks DT (3-4 nagta position or 4-3 NT)

6. Jaye Howard DE (3-4)

7. Antoine McClain OG

7. William Vlachos C

This is my best mock yet

Love it...

In all the mocks I have seen, Poe is being picked in the mid to lows 20s of the first round. Foles has moved up into the upper picks of the 2nd round. Osweiller has moved into 2nd round. Sanu has moved into 1st round. I do like what I have seen in these mocks and would like to suggest a couple: Alshon Jefferies or Criner as WR, Chapman-NT and Kirkpatrick-CB as his stock has seem to have dropped and I do not know why.

For the record I'm against the whole idea of passing on Luck. You don't pass up a potential franchise quarterback. Franchises that do this wind up in the gutter for a decade and I can't think of any franchise that passed on a #1 QB...regardless of if it panned out or not. And Kirkpatrick's stock is dropping because he was arrested for posession of marijuana.

I will say that Quinton Couples doesn't belong that high. I think that guy is a potential bust. He didn't exactly shine in the Senior Bowl and some have reported that he seems to "take plays off". I don't want another repeat of Hughes and this would be much more painful as he would be a top 10 pick. I think he should go somewhere between 15 and 25.

Thanks for the info on Kirkpatrick, I did not know. I agree about Couples from watching the Senior Bowl as well. Am still a little worried about Luck as I watched the Oregon game, the USC game and the Fiesta Bowl. I understand about taking the best, but IMO the needs of other spots on the team help else is just as important as QB.

1. Morris Claiborne CB

1. Mike Adams LT

2. Mark Barron SS

2. Leonard Johnson CB

3. Vontaze Burfict ILB

3. Brock Osweiler QB

4. Joe Adams WR

5. Terrance Ganaway

5. Aikem Hicks DT (3-4 nagta position or 4-3 NT)

6. Jaye Howard DE (3-4)

7. Antoine McClain OG

7. William Vlachos C

This is my best mock yet

Replace Joe Adams with T.Y. Hilton and that is one good looking draft

guys ryan leaf was a cant miss prospect ...luck is no leaf but u never know who would of thought cam newton was going to have a beast season i thought he was going to be a vince young.....i been posting for years that are defense is suspect we cant stop the run and i used to get killed in the forum.. we were ranked in the high 20s on stoping the run but ranked in the top 10 on the pass put 2 and 2 together teams where to busy running us that they never needed to throw...lets stop the run cause some pressure and watch how are corners get better ..we also need linebackers angre is good i like the kid but who else do we have ????? scrubs are we getting any comp picks????

1st - #4 - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

1st - #22 - Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson or Dontari Poe, DT Memphis / Michael Brockers, DT LSU

2nd - #34 - Mark Barron, SS Alabama

2nd - #36 - Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT Iowa State or Cordy Glenn, OG/OT Georgia

3rd round - Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M

3rd round - Vontaise Burfict, LB Arizona State

4th round - Leonard Johnson, CB Iowa State

5th round - Michael Egnew, TE Missouri

6th round - Chris Rainey, RB/WR Florida or Jeff Demps, RB Florida

7th round - Russel Wilson, QB Wisconsin

I saw some of yall were picking Leonard Johnson ealier than usual, has his draft stock moved up or something? Also, where is Burfict projected to go now?

1st - #22 - Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson or Dontari Poe, DT Memphis / Michael Brockers, DT LSU

I saw some of yall were picking Leonard Johnson ealier than usual, has his draft stock moved up or something? Also, where is Burfict projected to go now?

Burfict round 3, Johnson round 2.

There's no way Burfict falls to round 3.

1. Morris Claiborne CB

1. Mike Adams LT

2. Vontaze Burfict ILB

2. Kendal Reyes DE (3-4)

3. Brock Osweiler QB

3. Kevin Zeitler OG

4. Joe Adams WR

4. (Compensatory) Aikem Hicks DT

5. Terrance Ganaway RB

6. Matt Daniels SS

6. (compensatory) Jaye Howard DE (3-4)

7. William Vlachos C

1. Morris Claiborne CB

1. Mike Adams LT

2. Vontaze Burfict ILB

2. Kendal Reyes DE (3-4)

3. Brock Osweiler QB

3. Kevin Zeitler OG

4. Joe Adams WR

4. (Compensatory) Aikem Hicks DT

5. Terrance Ganaway RB

6. Matt Daniels SS

6. (compensatory) Jaye Howard DE (3-4)

7. William Vlachos C

Come on BmoreColt, a tackle? It could work, but you can look at it from 2 ways, the main point though is that we need a quality OG.

1. We can draft an OG in the 2nd round and get good value plus a very talented player who can start right away or develop for a few weeks like Ben Ijalana did last year. This is my preferred direction to go.

2. We can draft a OT high, probably in the 1st round because they usually get picked earlier than G's do. I'm guessing you would keep Castonzo at LT, have Adams at RT, and move Ijalana to RG. This could work, but it Ijalana would have to be able to transition to G and he would have to be a better G than OT, otherwise it would be an ineffective use of his talents. You would also have to spend a first round draft pick somewhere in the 20's on OT instead of using a high 2nd rounder on the G position.

3rd round - Leonard Johnson, CB Iowa State

4th round - Sean Spence, OLB Miami

This draft is without compensational picks.

Come on BmoreColt, a tackle? It could work, but you can look at it from 2 ways, the main point though is that we need a quality OG.

1. We can draft an OG in the 2nd round and get good value plus a very talented player who can start right away or develop for a few weeks like Ben Ijalana did last year. This is my preferred direction to go.

2. We can draft a OT high, probably in the 1st round because they usually get picked earlier than G's do. I'm guessing you would keep Castonzo at LT, have Adams at RT, and move Ijalana to RG. This could work, but it Ijalana would have to be able to transition to G and he would have to be a better G than OT, otherwise it would be an ineffective use of his talents. You would also have to spend a first round draft pick somewhere in the 20's on OT instead of using a high 2nd rounder on the G position.

Adams at left or right, prefer him at left he is phenomenal. Did u see him shut down all the studs in the senior bowl? Big Ben at guard with Zeitler in the third round. Stacked draft!

While I want my team to make the best possible choice, this simple mock is another fine example of the many things we could do with the 1st pick that I'd be satisfied with. We could Take Luck, Take Griffin, or trade and made bank, all of these would be amazing. Let's just hope we don't get thrown a curve ball and we end up

The more and more I watch Luck video the more I want him. I would even be willing to draft him and keep Manning on the roster. And suck up 40% of the teams cap just to ensure Luck is a Colt.

I think he is going to be that good. And I think he is going to be pretty darn good pretty darn fast also.

If Luck is the day one starter, keep building a strong OL. Carter, Brown, and Addai are strong backs.

Keep Garcon, along with Collie and couple new WR's. This and DB will be NEED areas come draft day.

Clark? I don't know how I feel about him yet. But I suspect he may get cut. Tamme has proven more than an capable replacement.

The more and more I watch Luck video the more I want him. I would even be willing to draft him and keep Manning on the roster. And suck up 40% of the teams cap just to ensure Luck is a Colt.

I think he is going to be that good. And I think he is going to be pretty darn good pretty darn fast also.

If Luck is the day one starter, keep building a strong OL. Carter, Brown, and Addai are strong backs.

Keep Garcon, along with Collie and couple new WR's. This and DB will be NEED areas come draft day.

Clark? I don't know how I feel about him yet. But I suspect he may get cut. Tamme has proven more than an capable replacement.

It isn't 40% of the team's cap. It is about 19-20% of the team's cap on the QB position if we keep PM with his current contract, a #1 overall pick QB at 5% over what Cam Newton got last year, and a #3QB at league minimum.

LOL, if Luck and PM take up 40% of the cap, you would have to dismiss the entire defense to stay below the cap.

guys ryan leaf was a cant miss prospect ...luck is no leaf but u never know who would of thought cam newton was going to have a beast season i thought he was going to be a vince young.....i been posting for years that are defense is suspect we cant stop the run and i used to get killed in the forum.. we were ranked in the high 20s on stoping the run but ranked in the top 10 on the pass put 2 and 2 together teams where to busy running us that they never needed to throw...lets stop the run cause some pressure and watch how are corners get better ..we also need linebackers angre is good i like the kid but who else do we have ????? scrubs are we getting any comp picks????

Wrong, Leaf had several "red flags" pre draft... And lets look at what Cam Newton came into his rookie season in Carolina.

Steve Smith All Pro WR

Olson, and Shockey .. 2 first round All Pro caliber TE's

Williams and Stewart 2 first round running backs, and very productive.

the OL is a very good run blocking line, or has been in the past.

Newton landed in a QB friendly O with a OC who knows how to bulld a O around his QB's abilities. He got Anderson in the Pro Bowl in Cleveland.

Newton cooled way off after teams took Smith away from him. He did his damage the last third of the season on the ground primarily. And did you see him in the Pro Bowl? eeeeeeeeeewwww

It isn't 40% of the team's cap. It is about 19-20% of the team's cap on the QB position if we keep PM with his current contract, a #1 overall pick QB at 5% over what Cam Newton got last year, and a #3QB at league minimum.

LOL, if Luck and PM take up 40% of the cap, you would have to dismiss the entire defense to stay below the cap.

I'm,just stating what Andrew Brandt stated tonight on ESPN radio.. I think he was refering to the "total" commitment in year one.

28m + 7m for Manning and Lucks would be 20m commitment if they draft him first... THe 28m is "owed" regardless of whether Manning stays post 2012 or not.. Same for Luck's $ It's guaranteed. Something like that ... I will try to round up the podcast.

Total amout owed, not just for salary cap year x.

Here is one podcast on the subject. Good stuff...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7425435

I'm,just stating what Andrew Brandt stated tonight on ESPN radio.. I think he was refering to the "total" commitment in year one.

28m + 7m for Manning and Lucks would be 20m commitment if they draft him first... THe 28m is "owed" regardless of whether Manning stays post 2012 or not.. Same for Luck's $ It's guaranteed. Something like that ... I will try to round up the podcast.

Total amout owed, not just for salary cap year x.

Here is one podcast on the subject. Good stuff...

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=7425435

Then you're talking real dollars (cash) and not salary cap.

guys ryan leaf was a cant miss prospect

John Dee said it. Leaf had the physical tools but he was far from a cant miss prospect. Obviously hindisght is 20/20 but if you look at Leaf statistically there were red flags. He never completed over 55% completions much less 60% (which is usually what you want for guys expected to play early). He also really only had one quality season.

I think Leaf just wasnt ready for the NFL and the pressure associated, considering his maturity issues that came to light later on. Manning came into college hyped beyond belief and was able to handle the pressure and live up to the expectations. He showed maturity throughout his college career. Leaf really didnt even start getting heavily hyped until the 97 season so there wasnt alot of pressure for him to deal with.