Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Parry Arrested in Arizona (Merge)

bababooey

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Commodore 64... your bringing up memories now lol

If I remember right that was when FIFA started like 94? maybe 95?  I was huge into soccer then before playing football. Those FIFA games were just soooo terrible lol.

Yeah my mom for my B-Days used to order me the statistical Football games for the Commodore 64. I had all the teams from any given year on disc from like 1985-1989. It was a game where you just Coached. You put in your play and watch it develop against your opponent and hope your opponent didn't guess what you were doing. It was realistic though because it was based on stats of each team so if you had the 1989 49ers playing against the worst team from that season than you would win more than likely.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I read this already, and I doubt they will get a deal done before March 1st when the franchise tag deadline happens. They have to agree on a number of years, a dollar amount, guaranteed money, and how to spread apart the money in the contract to make it the most team and player friendly possible. They are also trying to make him the highest paid safety, which means they have to negiotate on a high amount. This will be Eric Berry's biggest payday of his life, and I doubt they get it done in less than 48 hours.

Valid point.  To Berry, the deadline is July 15.  To the Chiefs, it is tomorrow 4:00 pm EST.  Chiefs want to get Berry under contract so they can Franchise tag Poe.  They want to keep both, make no mistake.  and they will work fervently to attain that end.  Will Berry cooperate?  Eric wants to end his career in KC.  The only hold up is how far apart are they on the contract they have been in negotiations over?  If they are close, it could still get done.  If they are far apart still, then you are likely right Berry gets the tag, and contract talks now extend until the July period.

Here is the latest from Berry-

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article135258684.html

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Both are far superior in talent 

I understand that. But I'd say that although he seemed to regress in his second season, Parry probably hasn't quite hit his ceiling yet. And considering we have zero depth at NT, we probably ought to keep him around. It's also possible that both Williams and Mixon could end up being busts. Not likely, but definitely possible.

18 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, which could be reached. It's a low chance trying to work out all those contract details as well as what to pay him in such a little amount of time. They may be working at it, but I don't think they agree on something in time.

So much for him not being signed and tagged lol. I guess Rapoport doesn't know how to do his job smh

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I like giving players second chances for most things but robbery and theft!!??

I dont know what his cap hit is but this cannot be tolerated 

This is certainly disturbing, if everything that I have read is true?  Below is Parry's contract information.  Indy saves $559,998 with $110,004 in dead money according to Overthecap.  Spotrac has the following, Indy saves  $670,002 with a $110,004 in dead money pre June 1st.  $55,002 post June 1st. 

https://overthecap.com/player/david-parry/3999

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/david-parry-16877/

Why didn't he take his rage out on the field!  Why'd he have to wait until the offseason and take it out on a golf cart taxi driver!  Maybe we should keep him and just let him drink before games. . . . . :lol: I kid of course, well maybe technically, potentially, possibly, maybe yeah no!

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I read this already, and I doubt they will get a deal done before March 1st when the franchise tag deadline happens. They have to agree on a number of years, a dollar amount, guaranteed money, and how to spread apart the money in the contract to make it the most team and player friendly possible. They are also trying to make him the highest paid safety, which means they have to negiotate on a high amount. This will be Eric Berry's biggest payday of his life, and I doubt they get it done in less than 48 hours.

Only took about 2hrs to get the deal done and article out from your last post about it not getting done by the dead line. Why you think it would be that hard.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788318/article/eric-berry-chiefs-agree-to-sixyear-78-million-deal

Just now, Timo1 said:

Only took about 2hrs to get the deal done and article out from your last post about it not getting done by the dead line. Why you think it would be that hard.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788318/article/eric-berry-chiefs-agree-to-sixyear-78-million-deal

Read my post you quoted, there was a lot of things to figure out. Easy to say in hindsight.

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not a big fan of rich people being stupid you wanna be stupid then you don't deserve NFL money 

If that's your bar,  I gotta tell you,  there would be far more unemployed NFL players than you think there would be.      This kind of stupid behavior goes on far more than most fans are aware of.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If that's your bar,  I gotta tell you,  there would be far more unemployed NFL players than you think there would be.      This kind of stupid behavior goes on far more than most fans are aware of.

I know it's very sad to know so many are so incredibly stupid.......

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This story just keeps getting worse for him.  I expect him to be an ex Colt sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry,  what is the new development that makes this story getting worse?

The second story that I saw,  and posted here last night,  made things seems LESS BAD for Parry.

Here are his charges.     suspicion of DUI, theft, robbery, criminal damage and resisting arrest. 

Let's take them one at a time.

DUI:    guilty without a doubt.

Theft, Robbery:    Guilty.    He assaulted the driver and took off in an over-sized golf cart.  

Criminal damage:     Guilty.     He crashed the cart into a fence.

Resisting arrest:      The cuffs wouldn't fit over his wrists because he had a cast on his wrist from off-season surgery so he can play better next year for the Colts.     So, he struggled some.     Sorry,  but this is completely understandable considering he was drunk.

Cursing at the police:    Guilty.    He was drunk off his butt.    Not the first time police have heard bad words.

The was a stupid incident based on Parry being drunk.    I don't see a write-up on the original driver of the cart being hurt.    The damage to the fence couldn't have been too bad.    The cart can either be fixed or replaced.   

Parry is likely a first time offender.    He apologizes to police,  he writes a big check to the guy he punched.   He writes a smaller check to the owner of the gate that he damaged and to the owner of the golf cart.

As stupid off-season things go,   this is just not that big.    

Now, Chris Ballard may see it differently.    He may want to make an example of Parry and cut him.    Or, he may roll his eyes and decide this isn't a big enough deal to cut a player,  especially a starter with a clean record.

Of course your mileage may vary........

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry,  what is the new development that makes this story getting worse?

The second story that I saw,  and posted here last night,  made things seems LESS BAD for Parry.

*Shortened for tidiness* 

A good breakdown NCF, the only thing missing is how he's conducted himself in conversations with the Colts. If he's been honest and shown genuine remorse that's a lot different to a player having the attitude of "I'm too good too cut" and I'm sure there are players out there who do. 

Not sure why some consider this to be a huge moral issue for Parry.  He got drunk (hey it happens) and apparently got into a tussle with the driver of a cart because Parry wanted to take physical control of it.  (I assume there was a disagreement about where they were going?)

Seems stupid, but its barely a criminal offense, IMO.

Police reports can sound bad based upon reading the charges alone.  Reading the details of the incident, it seems like its not a big deal.  

Any civil suit that arises from the driver would be categorized as a personal matter between the player and the driver, if I was the GM.

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

A good breakdown NCF, the only thing missing is how he's conducted himself in conversations with the Colts. If he's been honest and shown genuine remorse that's a lot different to a player having the attitude of "I'm too good too cut" and I'm sure there are players out there who do. 

The "I'm too good to cut" is just not part of the Stanford DNA.      Honestly.    The one player who straddles the line on some of this is.........   Richard Sherman.      But he's another story for another day.

I don't mean to sound high and mighty about this,  but there is great Stanford pride in (A) doing the right thing and (B)  owning it when you don't.      It's a large part of why I'm a Stanford fan.    It's easy to root for their kids.

I'm sure David said incredibly stupid things when he was drunk.     But I'm also sure there is great remorse from him as well.     

If I'm Ballard,  while I don't cut him,  I'm telling Parry to give a public apology and to make right all the things he made wrong.      Apologize to the police.     Apologize to the guy (Driver) he punched.   Write that guy a big check to make it right.      Right checks to the person who owned the golf cart and to the person who owned the gate that he crashed into.      Make it right and make it right as close to right away as you can.

And I have no doubt that David would do all of those things ASAP.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:58 PM, camcolts2621 said:

Whoa, am I the only one who thought I wouldn't expect this out of Parry? Seemed like he was a pretty great humble guy in his post game interviews. 

You and Grigson! Well of course he is a Chuck guy.
 Parry is a 30th ranked defense kind of guy. His best attribute is that he is available.  Where won`t go anywhere with this kind of talent playing.

Its actually kind of laughable reading some posts who say he should be cut (for this reason).  If you read the charges, it sounds like he could be a dangerous guy.

Then after reading the article, can anybody really say he is a danger to society or has a habitual alcohol problem?  I guess if you are a transportation cart operator taking him somewhere he doesn't want to go when he's drunk (in the offseason BTW), you might have to watch your back. 

On 2/27/2017 at 9:58 PM, camcolts2621 said:

Whoa, am I the only one who thought I wouldn't expect this out of Parry? Seemed like he was a pretty great humble guy in his post game interviews. 

People get stuck on stupid when alcohol is involved  . 

How come he just could'nt just take a dip in a canal ? 

8 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

People get stuck on stupid when alcohol is involved  . 

How come he just could'nt just take a dip in a canal ? 

Alcohol is strange because it affects people differently. I used to have some friends that would get loopy after drinking 3 or 4 Light Beers and have hung around people that can drink a 12 pack and act normal.

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not sure why some consider this to be a huge moral issue for Parry.  He got drunk (hey it happens) and apparently got into a tussle with the driver of a cart because Parry wanted to take physical control of it.  (I assume there was a disagreement about where they were going?)

Seems stupid, but its barely a criminal offense, IMO.

Police reports can sound bad based upon reading the charges alone.  Reading the details of the incident, it seems like its not a big deal.  

Any civil suit that arises from the driver would be categorized as a personal matter between the player and the driver, if I was the GM.

It is a big deal people have gotten DUI's for riding golf carts here in Indiana & in the past even lawn mowers .

Its more than a moral issue he was drunk driving & battered the driver & whether a golf cart or a car its actually grand theft the charges are up to the prosecutor . Homophobic slurs & resisting law enforcement are also a part of this story .

Get in any taxi car or golf cart it makes no difference drunk & beat up the driver & steal the vehicle thats beyond civil it actually rises to felony , I admit I'm only a bricklayer but common sense says this dude is toast .

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Alcohol is strange because it affects people differently. I used to have some friends that would get loopy after drinking 3 or 4 Light Beers and have hung around people that can drink a 12 pack and act normal.

I feel ya former drunk here . I hope he gets some help he obviously has a problem . 

6 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I feel ya former drunk here . I hope he gets some help he obviously has a problem . 

I still drink but it's in moderation and I never drink and drive. Yeah it sounds like he couldn't handle his alcohol. I have had friends get DUI's as well. 1 guy I knew tested out at .28 when he got his, another friend I used to hang around had 3 DUI's believe it or not.

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

It is a big deal people have gotten DUI's for riding golf carts here in Indiana & in the past even lawn mowers .

Its more than a moral issue he was drunk driving & battered the driver & whether a golf cart or a car its actually grand theft the charges are up to the prosecutor . Homophobic slurs & resisting law enforcement are also a part of this story .

Get in any taxi car or golf cart it makes no difference drunk & beat up the driver & steal the vehicle thats beyond civil it actually rises to felony , I admit I'm only a bricklayer but common sense says this dude is toast .

It certainly can be dangerous to drive anything while drunk.  It can be dangerous to walk around drunk in public, or to get stoned on pot in your house then leave the house while still stoned.  And tax evasion is less serious than murder.  Its all relative.  

But its hard to have a serious discussion of any morals or potential punishment when people unfairly imply that someone has a mental condition equal to a "phobia" just because they use certain words.  But welcome to thought bullying in the modern decade.

Battery can tak

The guy got drunk, disappointing, did some stupid stuff more disappointing, real stupid stuff crazy stuff. A hum moment. Is he young yes, does he do this kind of stuff often or have a past history of it? Is he a good player, yes, has he been a model Colt, I think so. IMO chalk it up to a young dumb moment, we of a certain age may have had a few! Put it behind you take care of the ramifications of it, and be a better person moving forward!! Does he get cut for this I think no, and I certainly hope not, do you monitor him and his personal progress certainly yes.  

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still drink but it's in moderation and I never drink and drive. Yeah it sounds like he couldn't handle his alcohol. I have had friends get DUI's as well. 1 guy I knew tested out at .28 when he got his, another friend I used to hang around had 3 DUI's believe it or not.

3 DUI's?  That's nothing compared to this guy? 23? 23 DUI's! haha My question is how is he not in Prison for life?

http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/man-charged-with-his-23rd-dui-gets-20-years-in-prison