Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Parry Arrested in Arizona (Merge)

bababooey

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Rich or poor, there shouldnt be a distinction for criminal arrest and you shouldnt judge them differently solely on that basis.

That's not why I'm judging him he's not that great a player and he was dumb as hell. Same way with the * that cant stop smoking dope to make millions it's just stupid.

4 minutes ago, James Ducheteau said:

It's all about talent, Parry, a 5th rounder has shown his ceiling, so with this "mistake" some are saying cut him, he's just a backup... but if he had say the talent of a Joe Mixon, the line would be "doesn't he deserve a second chance", he's really sorry for what he did....

100% correct. Some guys are worth headaches, some guys arent.

44 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

First, thanks for providing such a well thought out response. And I respect your opinion as someone with a law enforcement background.

But I think him getting to the point where he was that drunk is a lack of control. Know your limits and don't push them. People get drunk all the time but to get drunk enough to the point that you assault someone and steal their cart, means he clearly pushed way past his limits. And they said the cart was found crashed. We haven't heard that anyone was injured but it sounds like someone could have.

No one is in control when they're drunk (except for a few who can handle their liquor that well) but getting that drunk shows a lack of self control. And Mcafee didn't really do anything dangerous. There's people who would swim naked in a canal sober lol. It's not drug related but alcohol can be just as big of a problem as drugs. 

Not everyone knows their limit, I'm not excusing his behavior dont get me wrong, i'm simply saying this doesn't sound near as bad as they're playing it out to be.  Keep in mind, "assault" can be charged on anyone for simply poking someone with a finger these days.  I responded a couple years back to a caller stating this man grabbed her and left bruises on her arm.  We show up, she's claiming he'd tried to kidnap her and shows us the bruising that was starting on her arm. he claimed he was trying to keep her from stepping into oncoming traffic,  Well, this was in front of a bank, we get the security camera footage, sure enough, she was walking down the sidewalk, face in her phone and had the guy not grabbed her and yanked her back, she'd been smoked by a full size service van.  So we write up the report, we don't arrest the guy, lady was * as all get out, insisted that he was trying to abduct her, well come to find out a few weeks later, she'd hired an attorney and was suing the man for leaving marks on her.....

I'd have to look up the statue in Arizona to see what their legal definition of an assault charge is.  From what I've read from the media, he'd probably been charged with a class B  misdemeanor for battery here in Indiana.

Also, simple verbal threats are considered assault in most states.  Parry wasn't charged with aggravated assault, which means most likely the assault charge stems from either minor, non injury causing physical contact or from verbal threats.

49 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

First, thanks for providing such a well thought out response. And I respect your opinion as someone with a law enforcement background.

But I think him getting to the point where he was that drunk is a lack of control. Know your limits and don't push them. People get drunk all the time but to get drunk enough to the point that you assault someone and steal their cart, means he clearly pushed way past his limits. And they said the cart was found crashed. We haven't heard that anyone was injured but it sounds like someone could have.

No one is in control when they're drunk (except for a few who can handle their liquor that well) but getting that drunk shows a lack of self control. And Mcafee didn't really do anything dangerous. There's people who would swim naked in a canal sober lol. It's not drug related but alcohol can be just as big of a problem as drugs. 

also, to follow up, looks like the assault charge has already been dropped from what updated reports are saying.  This from nlf.com updated a couple minutes ago.

"Parry  was arrested over the weekend in Scottsdale, AZ for driving under the influence, criminal damage, auto theft,and resisting arrest."  

The biggest one of those is gonna be the auto theft charge. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

also, to follow up, looks like the assault charge has already been dropped from what updated reports are saying.  This from nlf.com updated a couple minutes ago.

"Parry  was arrested over the weekend in Scottsdale, AZ for driving under the influence, criminal damage, auto theft,and resisting arrest."  

The biggest one of those is gonna be the auto theft charge. 

He must've been tanked to do all of that. Crazy stuff.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too. I had a friend years ago get pulled over for DUI and he told me he tested out at .28. That is smashed. .08 is the legal limit, I am thinking around .16 is pretty buzzed, he was .28

most states, yes, but you can get a DUI here in indiana for as low as .04 if you signs of impairment. But the legal limit is .08

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually heard the opposite, Berry is getting tagged, and the Chiefs are letting Poe test the open market. Could be a godsend for us if Ballard can get him.

I'm worried that he may be damaged goods. I have a very good friend who's a hardcore KC fan, and he says Poe struggles with back issues, and that he's already played a TON of snaps for a guy his age, and those are the 2 main reasons that the Chiefs are allowing him to become a free agent. They really have no intention of resigning him.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm worried that he may be damaged goods. I have a very good friend who's a hardcore KC fan, and he says Poe struggles with back issues, and that he's already played a TON of snaps for a guy his age, and those are the 2 main reasons that the Chiefs are allowing him to become a free agent. They really have no intention of resigning him.

That's really unfortunate. Don't know how long he'd hold up, and if we signed him, it'd be for a lot of money and to a long term deal. This is a situation where I'm trusting Ballard. There's a reason why most of them are FA's, they hold some type of baggage that's a risk.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I heard they were going to tag Berry, and he isn't thrilled about it. Unless they made a switchup, I don't see them tagging Poe. Pretty sure they are letting him test FA. You have a link that says otherwise? Would like to see it if you do.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article135362894.html

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

I read this already, and I doubt they will get a deal done before March 1st when the franchise tag deadline happens. They have to agree on a number of years, a dollar amount, guaranteed money, and how to spread apart the money in the contract to make it the most team and player friendly possible. They are also trying to make him the highest paid safety, which means they have to negiotate on a high amount. This will be Eric Berry's biggest payday of his life, and I doubt they get it done in less than 48 hours.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I read this already, and I doubt they will get a deal done before March 1st when the franchise tag deadline happens. They have to agree on a number of years, a dollar amount, guaranteed money, and how to spread apart the money in the contract to make it the most team and player friendly possible. They are also trying to make him the highest paid safety, which means they have to negiotate on a high amount. This will be Eric Berry's biggest payday of his life, and I doubt they get it done in less than 48 hours.

you mean 29 hours.....

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's really unfortunate. Don't know how long he'd hold up, and if we signed him, it'd be for a lot of money and to a long term deal. This is a situation where I'm trusting Ballard. There's a reason why most of them are FA's, they hold some type of baggage that's a risk.

Being a former Chiefs guy, he would have very good insight into any health issues with Poe, so I'm with you on trusting Ballard here. Hopefully if Ballard doesn't sign him and he ends up on a team like the Jets or Rams, the forum doesn't have a complete melt down haha.

I thought it was quite funny...

Probably was playing GTA V had too many to drink and said lets live the game... Lord knows that has gone through my head a time or 2 lol...

But in all seriousness at least give the kid a break.  The story was purposely painted to be darker in nature for the views.  It really wasn't all that bad and he deserves an opportunity to show it isn't going to be a reoccurring problem as this is only his first offense that I know of.  If it is a consistent problem you cut him... simple.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Probably was playing GTA V had too many to drink and said lets live the game... Lord knows that has gone through my head a time or 2 lol...

But in all seriousness at least give the kid a break.  The story was purposely painted to be darker in nature for the views.  It really wasn't all that bad and he deserves an opportunity to show it isn't going to be a reoccurring problem as this is only his first offense that I know of.  If it is a consistent problem you cut him... simple.

He should definitely be on very thin ice after this incident, but with all the people here clamoring for Ballard to draft Tim Williams and Joe Mixon, seems silly to cut Parry, who's a choir boy compared to those 2.

3 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

This isn't a slight against you, I'm just curious. What is the appeal of playing Grand Theft Auto? Does it give people a rush to act like wannabe criminals in a video game or something? Is that what video games are about these days? I haven't bought anything but sports since 2011 because the new systems don't impress me. Why do people play GTA?

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This isn't a slight against you, I'm just curious. What is the appeal of playing Grand Theft Auto? Does it give people a rush to act like wannabe criminals in a video game or something? Is that what video games are about these days? I haven't bought anything but sports since 2011 because the new systems don't impress me. Why do people play GTA?

Honestly, I think its the whole lets pretend to be gangster thing.  I played the original when it came out years ago on PS1 but not any of the newer ones, just kind of dumb to me.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Video games now a days, I used to get a rush playing Madden 93 on Sega when I would score a TD!

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's actually funny you ask.  I really don't know the appeal as an actual game as I don't play often but everyone in my household does...  Coincidentally when I play it's because I'm stressed at the job or whatever and jump on and break all the rules for my own personal satisfaction lol...  For me its an amusing stress reliever. 

Ever seen the movie The Purge?  I imagine it's something like that where there is a way to curb your less than desirable tendencies lol.  

I'm actually not much of a sports game guy.  I'd rather play in real life.  I dabble in JRPG's and such :)

Just now, Surge89 said:

It's actually funny you ask.  I really don't know the appeal as an actual game as I don't play often but everyone in my household does...  Coincidentally when I play it's because I'm stressed at the job or whatever and jump on and break all the rules for my own personal satisfaction lol...  For me its an amusing stress reliever. 

Ever seen the movie The Purge?  I imagine it's something like that where there is a way to curb your less than desirable tendencies lol.  

I'm actually not much of a sports game guy.  I'd rather play in real life.  I dabble in JRPG's and such :)

Stress reliever i can respect. Do as many bad things as possible without actually breaking the rules, I can understand that. If it gets your anger out, then it's worth the price tag alone. I have not seen the purge, but I may check it out. I love RPG's in general, very fun and time consuming. Have tried a lot of the Japanese ones, but they look very cool.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I used to love NFL Blitz, get a tackle then do a bodyslam and an elbow on the opponent, lol!

I used to love the Madden's when I had Sega from 1991-1996 that was a good series. I also loved NBA Live during that time period. I had a Commodore 64 when I was a teenager and it had the best Boxing game I have ever played, called Star Rank Boxing. You had to build a fighter form scratch and go through 20 fighters before fighting for the Championship. That game was tough to win at as well. I beat the Champ once and played that game thousands of times. What made that game tough was it depended on how well you fought each fight which help build your fighter better. A lot of times I would lose once I got into the Top 10.

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I used to love NFL Blitz, get a tackle then do a bodyslam and an elbow on the opponent, lol!

I think you may have answered your own question...

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to love the Madden's when I had Sega from 1991-1996 that was a good series. I also loved NBA Live during that time period. I had a Commodore 64 when I was a teenager and it had the best Boxing game I have ever played, called Star Rank Boxing. You had to build a fighter form scratch and go through 20 fighters before fighting for the Championship. That game was tough to win at as well. I beat the Champ once and played that game thousands of times. What made that game tough was it depended on how well you fought each fight which help build your fighter better. A lot of times I would lose once I got into the Top 10.

Commodore 64... your bringing up memories now lol

If I remember right that was when FIFA started like 94? maybe 95?  I was huge into soccer then before playing football. Those FIFA games were just soooo terrible lol.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Stress reliever i can respect. Do as many bad things as possible without actually breaking the rules, I can understand that. If it gets your anger out, then it's worth the price tag alone. I have not seen the purge, but I may check it out. I love RPG's in general, very fun and time consuming. Have tried a lot of the Japanese ones, but they look very cool.

It actually isn't that great of a movie tbh just went along with the premise lol. 

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The driving mechanics of the game are pretty fun, we used to have competitions in our house on who could race around the city the longest and not crash the car..just have to mute the tv though because the language can be pretty inappropriate. 

27 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He should definitely be on very thin ice after this incident, but with all the people here clamoring for Ballard to draft Tim Williams and Joe Mixon, seems silly to cut Parry, who's a choir boy compared to those 2.

Both are far superior in talent