Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft ...3.0

Pick 1
Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 244. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.

Due to his surgery I think he could drop to us and would be much needed .

Pick 2
Takkarist McKinley*, OLB/DE, UCLA 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 265. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.62. 

Same situation injured and may fall to us in the second

Pick 3
 Tanoh Kpassagnon, 3-4DE, Villanova 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 280. Arm: 34.75. Hand: 10.88. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.72. 

Needs work still but he could be groomed into something special

Pick 4
Joe Mixon**, RB, Oklahoma 
 Height: 6-1. Weight: 226. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

This guy is electric .

Pick 4
Carlos Watkins, NT, Clemson 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 312. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 10.38. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.15. 

Very disruptive great run stuff

Pick 5
 Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo 
 Height: 6-4. Weight: 261. Arm: 33.25. Hand: 11.63. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.74.

He's by far the best blocking tight end in the draft and not to mention his 16 tds . Huge hands .

Pick 6
Josh Malone*, WR, Tennessee 
 Height: 6-3. Weight: 198. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 

The guy is clutch he catches everything if he had a better qb he would be a 2nd to 3rd round pick

FA pick ups

Melvin Ingram  5 years 85 million

Kevin minters  5 years 25-30

Larry Warford  5 years 30

Love the defensive picks and mixon. Don't like the idea of getting another TE assuming we re sign Doyle, but even if we don't Swoope and Allen are more than capable. Also we can probably get Kpassagnon with our 4th compensatory pick and if we sign Ingram and get Takk then it would be smarter to get a CB in the 3rd. Just my opinion though

3 hours ago, riftastic28 said:

Pick 1
Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 244. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.

Due to his surgery I think he could drop to us and would be much needed .

Pick 2
Takkarist McKinley*, OLB/DE, UCLA 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 265. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.62. 

Same situation injured and may fall to us in the second

Pick 3
 Tanoh Kpassagnon, 3-4DE, Villanova 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 280. Arm: 34.75. Hand: 10.88. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.72. 

Needs work still but he could be groomed into something special

Pick 4
Joe Mixon**, RB, Oklahoma 
 Height: 6-1. Weight: 226. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

This guy is electric .

Pick 4
Carlos Watkins, NT, Clemson 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 312. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 10.38. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.15. 

Very disruptive great run stuff

Pick 5
 Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo 
 Height: 6-4. Weight: 261. Arm: 33.25. Hand: 11.63. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.74.

He's by far the best blocking tight end in the draft and not to mention his 16 tds . Huge hands .

Pick 6
Josh Malone*, WR, Tennessee 
 Height: 6-3. Weight: 198. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 

The guy is clutch he catches everything if he had a better qb he would be a 2nd to 3rd round pick

FA pick ups

Melvin Ingram  5 years 85 million

Kevin minters  5 years 25-30

Larry Warford  5 years 30

I congress that this is one of my favorite off-season profiles....

But there IS one glaring omission.......

No cornerback.     Not in the draft,  and not in free agency.

There's no way around it,   the Colts badly NEED a very good corner this off-season.

Otherwise,  very outside the box thinking,  which I appreciate......

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm afraid they will tag Ingram.  But I do see Warford and Perry if Ingram is tagged.  I think he finds a NT too. Three new starters. Would love the first two picks if they fell that way but I doubt Foster falls. I'm expecting Cook or a trade back. 

Ingram doesn't fit their new scheme. Cant see them using a massive piece of cap keeping a guy that doesn't play how they want to play.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I congress that this is one of my favorite off-season profiles....

But there IS one glaring omission.......

No cornerback.     Not in the draft,  and not in free agency.

There's no way around it,   the Colts badly NEED a very good corner this off-season.

Otherwise,  very outside the box thinking,  which I appreciate......

I think are secondary is actually fine for now . The reason they look so bad was because we had no rush . With a draft like this I think we would be able to get a good enough rush to where the defense would flourish 

Some ppl don't like the tight end pick . But I have to say that swoop is a nobody he's a big question mark . Allen Is Allen he's either hurt or dropping a pass . Doyle is average at best . This kid can block with is much needed going against watt and he can catch he's no Jimmy graham but he's good enough . 

Foster. Cool. Love him if we can get him.

Takk has an injury issue but it's an easy fix and a permanent fix. Unless the surgery throws up some sort of defect or permanent damage *knock on wood* I cant see him falling out of the first. Although if for some bizarre reason he's there, he's a no brainer pick.

I'd probably put Watkins at your 3rd pick and even that is a bit of a stretch for his availability. He led Clemson in sacks as a DT and has shown a lot of talent. I can see him getting mid-to-late 2nd round consideration. Maybe higher if he has a good combine.

Kpassagnon I'm not a fan of. He's big, but the technique is nowhere. Lacks any natural feel for pass rush and his balance in contact is worrying. He's a good athlete for his size but he's not an athletic freak Margus Hunt style guy. Lacks the explosion you like to see from guys like him. If we keep that pick in the 3rd I'd redirect and grab a corner to compete for the no.2/nickel positions.

Mixon. Fine in the 4th.

If we lose Doyle then Roberts is a solid replacement as our H-back TE.

I think a lot of draft staffers will have the same opinion as you have on Malone. I can see him going in the 4th. But again if he's there he's a great pick. It's a huge 'if' though.

Ingram. Awesome. Contract is about right.

Minter is about right and is a solid pickup.

I'd love Warford but I have trouble seeing Detroit letting him walk. He's a great signing if he hits the market though.

Barring a few slotting issues and a remaining need at CB, not half bad.

49 minutes ago, riftastic28 said:

Some ppl don't like the tight end pick . But I have to say that swoop is a nobody he's a big question mark . Allen Is Allen he's either hurt or dropping a pass . Doyle is average at best . This kid can block with is much needed going against watt and he can catch he's no Jimmy graham but he's good enough . 

Doyle isn't flashy but everything he is thrown, he catches and is a difference maker on this team because he is dependable and he moves chains, that's what a team needs on occasion and some thing great teams have. I was high on Doyle the prior year before his name got bigger for the 2016 season. Swipe is similar in that upcoming guy. He isn't a big name because he has been a project but you watch him this season and he will become a factor. He is quick, he has excellent body control and if I were the GM, I'd try and sign him to a 3 year extension that's reasonable now before he takes off, which I fully expect him to do, especially if we loose Doyle, which I feel will only be bad for the offense. Of course if Doyle wants 6+ to stay, that may be the deal breaker unless you can structure that right. 

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Very, very optimistic. Ain't happenin

17 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

What they said ^  Love the players you picked. But just not realistic. And I think we need a CB this offseason, too. Badly. 

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

As Vince McMahon says "no chance in H E double hockey sticks" does that happen

Which particular part of just the whole thing?

The 1st two picks are slightly hopeful to still be there but not completely out of range surely.

32 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

Which particular part of just the whole thing?

The 1st two picks are slightly hopeful to still be there but not completely out of range surely.

I'd say that as of today the first two picks (and even Mixon) are pretty optimistic as far as those guys being available.

But that could all change by the end of next week.  Injury history, true height, weight, and speed will come into play, sometimes even more than they should.

I think Mixon is on the mia culpa circuit and won't be surprised if he's the third RB taken.

10 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

They were a 3-4 before but now moving to a 4-3. He's been successful in a 3-4 and knows he'll get paid. I can't see why he'd want to stay considering the changes.

what makes you think he wouldn't be able to play DE in a 4-3?

31 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

what makes you think he wouldn't be able to play DE in a 4-3?

Never said he couldn't. But if he knows he'll get paid by a team playing a similar system to what he's used to, why wouldn't he chase the money somewhere else?

Might just be me but it makes logical sense to me.

21 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Too small. 247 lbs.

his weight at the combine was 265.  he has a frame that will easily allow him to put some more muscle back on.  Plus, it wouldn't be the first time a 247 lb guy played DE in a 4-3.  Remember that Robert Mathis guy?  Granted, he was more the exception than the norm but doesn't mean it's not possible.  Besides, as I said, Ingram has a frame that is much more favorable for him to add some more size as compared to a guy like Mathis.

21 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Never said he couldn't. But if he knows he'll get paid by a team playing a similar system to what he's used to, why wouldn't he chase the money somewhere else?

Might just be me but it makes logical sense to me.

Ingram is going into this FA as an edge rusher essentially.  Doesn't really matter if it's a 4-3 team or a 3-4 team...they're going to be paying him based on his ability to get to the QB.  Yeah he'll be asked to do other things, no matter what the scheme, but his market value isn't really going to sway much whether it's a 4-3 team pursuing him vs. a 3-4 team.