Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't have time o scou like i Used to. But Charles Harris is the 2nd comming of Freeny, but better

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Sorry I don't see anything special at all.  The tackles seem to be handling him pretty easily.  I didn't see any plays he made until minutes into the video.  He seems to take some plays off too. Quits early on plays and slows down.   Maybe it's just me but I don't see it. 

I haven't watched extensive film on him, but I haven't been too impressed by what I saw. Definitely not 14/15 overall.

3 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

I saw him play live this year and he was terrible against WVU. The starting LT was injured and WVU had to play a freshman reserve and Harris never came close to a sack.

Oh yeah genius. How many times do you see qbs, especially at WVU getting sacked in wildcat offenses. Its designed to get rid of the ball in seconds. 

You can't judge of one game, and he played with a very high motor. Which is more than I van say about bejorn, give up on the play warner. 

You guys are really that blind you can't see the Shir speed and acceleration off the snap? 

You can't see the force and quickness of his spin moves?

You can't see his knack for rushin hands up. 

You can't see the power in his bullrush? Are you kidding me?

And BTW, this is a breakdown video of every play he was involved in.

This is not a highlight tape. Highlight tapes are for kids. Breakdown videos are for ametuer nfl scouts. Real scouts have all the film. 

Let me post a highlight video so you can see the differnce

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=4wVAee2z-aE

I don't mean to sound condescending or insulting. But its frustrating to me how hard it is to scout for one, and how often people are wrong. I'm wrong about expectations from players sometimes, and but with the exception of alshon Jeffries, my scouting predictions have been really good for about 7 years. 

My favorite quote was saying morris Claiborne was a bumb and I put Casey heywars as my top 3 corner in the draft when about 6 or 7 were in front of him. I think he was my 2nd. Not to brag or nothing. 

But if you dont see a bigger, and somehow stronger Dwight freeney out of this dude, I dont know what to tell you. This is an easy pick up, no trade needed at 15. He a day one starter

I like Harris. I'm not sure where he fits in the hierarchy of Edge guys this year, because their are so many good pass rushers. 

My concern with him would be whether or not he can play standing and whether or not he can drop back on occasion without being abused. His speed, power, explosion all look good to me.

I'd say that he fits firmly in that tier of pass rushers that could go in the 1st, but might fall to the 2nd based on the sheer volume of talent coming out this year. Of course, I'm no scout and mostly look at highlight reels, so I won't be surprised if somebody who knows more can contradict any point I make about draft prospects. 

He's a terrific pass rusher. Really liked watching is tape. He isn't for us though. We'd have to change our scheme to fit around him, something I cant see Teddy doing.

Better than Freeney might be a bit of a stretch since Freeney is one of the better pure pass  rushers of the last few decades. But they definitely have similar ceilings imo.

There's a good run of 4-3 teams picking around 21-23 that could be good spots for him. The Giants could be looking for a JPP replacement.

I don't understand why u say he doesn't fit. He's 6'3 and 255 pounds. We don't need him to cover, but he looks like he can play zone well. 

He like looks like he runs a 4.4-4.5,like freeney ( I heard freeney ran a 4.37) 

His motor.....non stop. He fits our scheme perfectly. He is exactly what we need. 

I watches Carl Lawson, and big Tim and even rueben foster. Not at lengTh yet, but i rate Harris over all of them. 

Remember, our problem, our main problem on d is pass rush, not zone covererage. We don't need to cover the tight end as bad as we need pass rushers. 

I don't understand why u say he doesn't fit. He's 6'3 and 255 pounds. We don't need him to cover, but he looks like he can play zone well. 

His motor.....non stop. He fits our scheme perfectly. He is exactly what we need. 

I watches Carl Lawson, and big Tim and even rueben foster. Not at lengTh yet, but i rate Harris over all of them. 

Remember, our problem, our main problem on d is pass rush, not zone covererage. We don't need to cover the tight end as bad as we need pass rushers. 

58 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

It sounds like you are taking this personal. Some people may disagree with your scouting opinion and in turn you may disagree with theirs. It's ok, it's a forum to speak opinions and until one of us is actually an NFL scout, none of us have any more credibility than the other. It's ok. 

As for needing someone to cover the TE, uh yes we do need someone to cover them, it's a large gap in our defense as well as pass rush. It's 2 things this team needs on defense and then a #2 cb as well. Of course pass rusher helps speed up everything and makes average cb's and Lb'ers defend passes better. 

WVU gave up 25 QB sacks last year. Harris is known to take plays off. I observed this often when Missouri played against WVU.

Weaknesses

Found himself too easily engulfed by size this season. Gives ground on the edge and can be widened out of his run fit. Hands must get better at point of attack. Needs to punch and own the point. Rides on blocks rather than shucks them. Lacks desired glass-chewing mentality against the run. Plays with slow reaction time to counters and misdirection and can lose track of the ball. Needs earlier shoulder turn as rusher to prevent early pass sets from punching him as squared-up rusher. Slow to activate his counter spin back inside. More violent approach with hands at top of his rush would help grease the edge. Productivity dropped after struggling with new defensive scheme.

Would certainly draft him in the 3rd.

I definitely see good pass rush traits in Harris, and he has some nice burst and bend, and some ability to close. I don't see anything resembling Dwight Freeney. He's also lacking in strength and power; he put on size in 2016, but still doesn't hold up that well. He has multiple pass rush moves and good hands, but he struggles to put them all together. Once he figures out how to combine his moves and really capitalize on his traits, I think he can be a high level pass rusher. 

4 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

WVU gave up 25 QB sacks last year. Harris is known to take plays off. I observed this often when Missouri played against WVU.

Weaknesses

Found himself too easily engulfed by size this season. Gives ground on the edge and can be widened out of his run fit. Hands must get better at point of attack. Needs to punch and own the point. Rides on blocks rather than shucks them. Lacks desired glass-chewing mentality against the run. Plays with slow reaction time to counters and misdirection and can lose track of the ball. Needs earlier shoulder turn as rusher to prevent early pass sets from punching him as squared-up rusher. Slow to activate his counter spin back inside. More violent approach with hands at top of his rush would help grease the edge. Productivity dropped after struggling with new defensive scheme.

Would certainly draft him in the 3rd.

25 sacks, that's all, for the whole year. In 13 games. That's pretty good. 

And this is the problem with fans. I gave u two vidoes, and he didn't take one damn play off, not that I seen and then some "expert" that probably has hundreds of these things to write says the opposite. The only thing he said I agree with, he not a good contain and close guy. But everyone can't have everything. 

He 6'3 but he plays like he 6'5. 

I mean honestly...do you agree from the tapes his reaction is slow? 

I can even imagine what he saw that would come to that conclusion.

Our pass rush sucks, and people are saying that he doesn't fit out scheme cuz he 2 INCHES too short. How short was BOB Sanders? He can rush standing up, and can contain the run better standing up, hand he is clearly not afraid to crash the pile. That's aggressiveness you want. People that crash the pile all the time love contact. If you watch the college tape of many great college lbs and de, you'll notice they share that trait.

Ill conclude, this is my top choice for 15. And hopefully he doesn't destroy the 40 at the combine, cuz hell shoot up the charts. But I got a lot more videos to watch.  

On 2/26/2017 at 2:33 AM, Freeupfreeney said:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=4wVAee2z-aE

I don't mean to sound condescending or insulting.

nobody cares about what you MEAN to do (or not do)...especially when your actions directly contradict  what you allegedly "didn't mean" to do.

if you don't mean to be condescending or insulting, then DON'T BE CONDESCENDING OR INSULTING.  Not that friggin' hard now is it? 

for the record, I absolutely intended to be condescending.