Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early MVP prediction

Colts1324

Crazy dark horse pick: JJ Watt with a huge comeback season. 

More reasonable pick: Jameis Winston makes the jump and ends up taking the Bucs to the SB, making it 3 different NFC South QBs in a row to make it to the SB, win MVP and lose the big game. 

Realistically it will probably be Rodgers, Brady or Brees. But its early enough to make outlandish claims and not have to back them up with anything really, as we still have a whole offseason of moves ahead of us. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Andrew Luck.

AFC South and NFC West on the schedule, the numbers are going to be very good enough to win MVP.

Russell Wilson might be an outside shot with his schedule as well, IMO.

It depends on whether or not we win the Division, wins go along way in determining this. His Stats will be Very Good to Great but if we go 8-8 again he wont be considered. I can see Tom Brady, who is GOAT having at least 1 more MVP type of season playing in all 16 games. I would bet on Tom. Tom hasn't won one of those in a while either so he is due before he retires. I think Andrew Luck gets overlooked when it comes to this award as well. In 2014 he should've been highly considered but wasn't. Ryan got MVP this past season and really wasn't any better than what Luck was in 2014. What is funny is both ultimately lost to the same team in the Playoffs - The Patriots.

1 hour ago, TDewar1987 said:

I'd like to see Brees get one. He's had incredible seasons but unfortunately he gets overlooked.

If the Saints make the playoffs in the next year or two again with Brees nearing his final run in the league, I think they might have to consider him. Or they should. His stats are usually off the charts, but they need to be back in the playoffs. 

On 2/25/2017 at 7:52 PM, Jules said:

If the Saints make the playoffs in the next year or two again with Brees nearing his final run in the league, I think they might have to consider him. Or they should. His stats are usually off the charts, but they need to be back in the playoffs. 

Yeah. It's about time he gets an MVP. 

Surprised there isn't any Ryan picks on here.

My money would go on Brady.   Ryan, Carr or Elliot should be in the conversation too.  

I'm not confident enough in the Colts being a good team to put Luck in there, but he will have pretty good numbers.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Surprised there isn't any Ryan picks on here.

My money would go on Brady.   Ryan, Carr or Elliot should be in the conversation too.  

I'm not confident enough in the Colts being a good team to put Luck in there, but he will have pretty good numbers.  

I think it only gets harder fo Brady to win MVP with him winning so many SB's. Like a great season for him, like many season for Manning, are considered average for a player of his caliber. I don't think Ryan is going to do AS good without Kyle Shannahan's offense helping his completion percentage and low int numbers. Carr will get plenty of votes I'm sure. 

7 hours ago, runthepost said:

Yes because the colts aren't getting a #1 seed over NE and Seattle has a better chance at a #1 in the NFC

Atlanta or Dallas will be the number one seed. Atlanta is going to be a top 6-10 defense I believe. They have some real talent that is developing nice. Seattle doesn't have a line. Little cap space and more and more defensive players are leaving every year.