Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To honor my Friend....

Indeee

Colts fans...

This past Presidents day one of my closest friends and lifelong Colts fan passed away at the very young age of 53. His name is James Parker, however everyone knew him as JT.

JT, like myself, are Colts fans from the Baltimore days. We both grew up rooting for our Colts in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area. Over the last 10 years or so, a small group of die-hard Colts fans have faithfully watched our colts play every Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday, etc. unless we we're at the games live, from the same corner area of our local Northern Virginia bar. For every year we all continue moving forward, it just won't be the same without JT physically there, although he will always be with us in spirit.

I realize no one knew him on this forum.  I have posted a few things from time to time, some good, some bad, but I wanted to share this with the community as on Monday of this past week the Colts nation not only lost a great fan, but the world lost a great man as well.

I miss my friend already. Thanks for allowing me to share this.

The picture attached is my friend JT and his wife Ginny taken at the Luke at couple years ago.

Thanks again

Mitch, otherwise known here as Indeee

JT_Ginny.png

Thanks for sharing, sir. I am sorry for your loss.

I often feel that some of us on the forum ought get to know each other better. Like if we all chose a game every year to attend and meet up for pre-game festivities and the like. 

JT sounds like a great guy. It says something about somebody when they have friends that care enough to pay tribute after the person has passed. 

My prayers are with his family and friends. May the good Lord grant you all peace and the ability to smile when you think of your memories of JT.                                                 I grew up a Baltimore Colts fan as well. Maybe we will be able to get down there this year to watch a game, if there's room. 

Thank you everyone for the kind words. As with many aspects of life, the bonds and friendship made through sports is very rare and very unique. I have always loved the Colts and cannot express how thankful I am that this organization exists. If the Colts didn't exist I would have never met JT. Thank you Colts, for allowing us all to make friendships/relationships through our love of the shoe!! Go Colts!!

7 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

My prayers are with his family and friends. May the good Lord grant you all peace and the ability to smile when you think of your memories of JT.                                                 I grew up a Baltimore Colts fan as well. Maybe we will be able to get down there this year to watch a game, if there's room. 

Always room and always welcome my friend. We actually reside in the southern part of NOVA. 20 minutes south of DC. The Dumfries/Montclair area. If you know of this area let me know and I will let you know where we hang each Sunday during the season.

14 hours ago, Indeee said:

Colts fans...

This past Presidents day one of my closest friends and lifelong Colts fan passed away at the very young age of 53. His name is James Parker, however everyone knew him as JT.

JT, like myself, are Colts fans from the Baltimore days. We both grew up rooting for our Colts in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area. Over the last 10 years or so, a small group of die-hard Colts fans have faithfully watched our colts play every Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday, etc. unless we we're at the games live, from the same corner area of our local Northern Virginia bar. For every year we all continue moving forward, it just won't be the same without JT physically there, although he will always be with us in spirit.

I realize no one knew him on this forum.  I have posted a few things from time to time, some good, some bad, but I wanted to share this with the community as on Monday of this past week the Colts nation not only lost a great fan, but the world lost a great man as well.

I miss my friend already. Thanks for allowing me to share this.

The picture attached is my friend JT and his wife Ginny taken at the Luke at couple years ago.

Thanks again

Mitch, otherwise known here as Indeee

JT_Ginny.png

Mitch,  thanks for sharing.     So sorry for your loss.   But glad you and JT had so many great years and now you have wonderful memories to look back on.     This is the downside to growing old....   we start losing our friends. 

Hopefully the Colts will have many better years to come and for you to enjoy and for Mitch to look down on from the Best Seats in the House!