Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF's graded list of FA's

No good place to put this, so when you look at the FA's, remember the Franchise Tag has to be done by next Wednesday, March 1st, 4 pm. We are going to see some action on Wednesday. If Berry is not tagged, go get him, and then sign Warford and Williams. One big splashy FA, one expensive but well worth the money FA, and one who I really like for the money compared to what others will get.

Bouye will hit the market due to the dynamics of the Texans defense and how much they have already invested at CB. He would scare me though. I still think he is part the product of that defensive rush, and that is against the FA rule, don't take players that systems have possibly inflated their value.

What about Cyprien? We take a piece away from our competitors, and he played well this year despite the fact the Jags had no pass rush. Jags are pegged by everyone to take another safety, Adams probably and pair him with Ramsey. Ramsey had a very good rookie year, and on talent alone, that pair could be really formidable for a long time. By now the Jags should be stacked considering how long they have been drafting in the top 10. I am so glad they took Bortles, otherwise their future would look really bright. Still like that defense if they play up to capability.

Give me Perry or Ingram first up. Then Bouye and Lang and we're sitting pretty after a sexy draft. What about Alan Branch for NT a couple years? He was very good in NE this year, and could be had cheap? I think he would be a massive upgrade and could fill the roll until we drafted a star caliber NT next year or something. Shouldn't cost much.

Nick Perry

AJ Bouye

Alan Branch

TJ Lang

1 hour ago, CantBeStopped said:

Kevin minter from the cards might not be a bad pickup. I believe he's an inside backer and only 26

He's nothing special. Rather have Zach Brown or trade for Mychal Kendricks, but I think we could get a couple really good ILB's in the draft this year. JRM will be a steal and a half, been saying for a while. He's this years Neon Deion Jones.

BTW. Even though he was a stud this year as a rookie is calling Deion Jones "Neon Deion" disrespectful to "the man"???

8 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

He's nothing special. Rather have Zach Brown or trade for Mychal Kendricks, but I think we could get a couple really good ILB's in the draft this year. JRM will be a steal and a half, been saying for a while. He's this years Neon Deion Jones.

BTW. Even though he was a stud this year as a rookie is calling Deion Jones "Neon Deion" disrespectful to "the man"???

I really liked Jones last year.

who's JRM ?

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

How do you bookmark sir

Good question!

I was hoping you knew,  because I don't!

I know computers have a tab somewhere,  but I don't know where mine is.......

I apologize I'm not as tech-savvy as I'd like to be......

Perhaps someone reading this thread can help us?

Very odd rankings.

Also, I want nothing to do with AJ Bouye.  Not only that CB is probably the most fickle position in the league, there's also a decent chance that he was a one year wonder.  If I were a GM I would never spend big money on someone who only has 1 year of production.

Maybe he'll be good, but I dont want to risk tying that much money up in an unknown.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good question!

I was hoping you knew,  because I don't!

I know computers have a tab somewhere,  but I don't know where mine is.......

I apologize I'm not as tech-savvy as I'd like to be......

Perhaps someone reading this thread can help us?

Oh you meant in general. I thought you were talking about a bookmark feature on this forum/site. 

On 2/25/2017 at 1:16 AM, COLTS449 said:

Give me Perry or Ingram first up. Then Bouye and Lang and we're sitting pretty after a sexy draft. What about Alan Branch for NT a couple years? He was very good in NE this year, and could be had cheap? I think he would be a massive upgrade and could fill the roll until we drafted a star caliber NT next year or something. Shouldn't cost much.

Nick Perry

AJ Bouye

Alan Branch

TJ Lang

Ballard joined the Chiefs as director of player personnel in 2013 after spending 11 seasons as a Southwest area scout and one as the director of pro scouting with the Chicago Bears, was promoted in May 2015 to director of football operations under Dorsey.

The Chiefs picked 32 guys in the draft from 2013-16. Of those 32, 23 are still on the roster, 14 are starters and four have earned Pro Bowl honors.

Colts with Grigson, 14 out of 28 drafted are still on the roster, with no probowl players. Many are starters by attrition.

2013-

7 drafted, None on roster
     Werner, Thornton, Holmes, Hughes, Justice Cunningham, Kerwynn Williams, John Boyett

2014-

5 drafted, 2 on Roster:  Jack Mewhort, Donte moncrief
     3 not on roster:  Jonathan Newsom, Andrew Jackson, Ulrick John

2015-

8 drafted, 5 on roster:  Phillip Dorsett, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers, David Perry, Denzelle Good
     3 not on roster:  D'Joun Smith, Josh Robinson, Amarlo Herrera

2016-

8 drafted, 7 on roster:  Ryan Kelly, T.J. Green, LeRaven Clark, Hassan Ridgeway, Antonio Morrison, Joe Haeg, Austin Blythe

1 not on roster: Trevor Bates

Ballard is all about scouting college kids, and the draft.  It is his specialty.  He would probably trade down and get more draft picks then try to sign more high priced FA's.  He is on record  with his beliefs-

“You want to raise your own,” Ballard says of how to find long-term success. “You want to be a great drafting team.

“We want to have a sound structure in place where we are producing players every year for the Colts. You have to. You have to produce three or four guys every year that’s going to help you every single year.”

"Now saying that, between street free agents, between waiver claims, we’ll get into free agency a little bit, but like I said earlier, you cannot buy a locker room and you have to be careful when entering into free agency."

So dumping huge sums of cash in high dollar FA signings doesn't appear to be on the radar, as much as many members would desire it. This GM ssems to build with one eye on the now, and the other on the future.  Since he'll be here 5 years, 4 years from now is quite important to him as well.

18 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Very odd rankings.

Also, I want nothing to do with AJ Bouye.  Not only that CB is probably the most fickle position in the league, there's also a decent chance that he was a one year wonder.  If I were a GM I would never spend big money on someone who only has 1 year of production.

Maybe he'll be good, but I dont want to risk tying that much money up in an unknown.

I would cross Nick Perry off the list for the same reason.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ballard joined the Chiefs as director of player personnel in 2013 after spending 11 seasons as a Southwest area scout and one as the director of pro scouting with the Chicago Bears, was promoted in May 2015 to director of football operations under Dorsey.

The Chiefs picked 32 guys in the draft from 2013-16. Of those 32, 23 are still on the roster, 14 are starters and four have earned Pro Bowl honors.

Colts with Grigson, 14 out of 28 drafted are still on the roster, with no probowl players. Many are starters by attrition.

2013-

7 drafted, None on roster
     Werner, Thornton, Holmes, Hughes, Justice Cunningham, Kerwynn Williams, John Boyett

2014-

5 drafted, 2 on Roster:  Jack Mewhort, Donte moncrief
     3 not on roster:  Jonathan Newsom, Andrew Jackson, Ulrick John

2015-

8 drafted, 5 on roster:  Phillip Dorsett, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers, David Perry, Denzelle Good
     3 not on roster:  D'Joun Smith, Josh Robinson, Amarlo Herrera

2016-

8 drafted, 7 on roster:  Ryan Kelly, T.J. Green, LeRaven Clark, Hassan Ridgeway, Antonio Morrison, Joe Haeg, Austin Blythe

1 not on roster: Trevor Bates

Ballard is all about scouting college kids, and the draft.  It is his specialty.  He would probably trade down and get more draft picks then try to sign more high priced FA's.  He is on record  with his beliefs-

“You want to raise your own,” Ballard says of how to find long-term success. “You want to be a great drafting team.

“We want to have a sound structure in place where we are producing players every year for the Colts. You have to. You have to produce three or four guys every year that’s going to help you every single year.”

"Now saying that, between street free agents, between waiver claims, we’ll get into free agency a little bit, but like I said earlier, you cannot buy a locker room and you have to be careful when entering into free agency."

So dumping huge sums of cash in high dollar FA signings doesn't appear to be on the radar, as much as many members would desire it. This GM ssems to build with one eye on the now, and the other on the future.  Since he'll be here 5 years, 4 years from now is quite important to him as well.

All that above it because Genius Girgson was a (insert sophomoric reference).

And man. Who's worried about 4-5 years from now when we have 12? Wait til then and worry about it. By then if we draft right we'll be stacked anyways so I mean to me that's dumb. I'll say it for the 926th time. When you have a franchise top 5 QB you have to be in win now mode unless you're RG dumb__. (Grigson) Oh the hatred I have for that man. If you can even call him a man, but We have 60 mill to spend. And while I completely agree we have to build through the draft... In the messed up situation we're in we have to sign 2-3 impact players, and have a good draft, and we can win the division this coming season. We have to add some big timers in FA, then start building through the draft after this year or next. It's just dumb to be cool with being mediocre and hope to win 1.....ONE in 3-4 years when we could load up and maybe win 2-3 in the next 10 years. Bet on it. We'll bring in some big money players.