Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The old man...

AKB

We were at the Titans game in Indy when they set up that pass with the wildcat.  I though Luck was going to TY.  I think he was double covered but was beating the defenders. 

Luck made the right call flipping it out to a wide open Gore.  

Great back.  I'm glad we got him.  

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We were at the Titans game in Indy when they set up that pass with the wildcat.  I though Luck was going to TY.  I think he was double covered but was beating the defenders. 

Luck made the right call flipping it out to a wide open Gore.  

Great back.  I'm glad we got him.  

What an experience that must have been. I would have loved to be there in person. 

This video shows that we don't need a running back if the line blocks for this man..No he wont hit the home run anymore(not that he ever truly did)..he's very decisive has great vision and finishes strong..we don't need a back this draft but with the depth and the extra 4th we damn sure better pick up a speedster 

This video is emblematic that Trent Richardson COULD have been at least a decent to good RB, even with our supposedly poor run o-line. Trent was billed as a tough physical runner in the same mold as Gore, but clearly if you look at Gore's moves, he possesses quicker reflexes and runs like a man possessed. Gore is hungry; Richardson was only hungry for the buffet line.

6 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

This video is emblematic that Trent Richardson COULD have been at least a decent to good RB, even with our supposedly poor run o-line. Trent was billed as a tough physical runner in the same mold as Gore, but clearly if you look at Gore's moves, he possesses quicker reflexes and runs like a man possessed. Gore is hungry; Richardson was only hungry for the buffet line.

I think Trent's issues had everything to do with his mind set and not his physical abilities. I'm not ganna lie coming out of college I was a fan, but the great Jim Brown called it he's just "ordinary". Frank Gore is as hard of a worker there is, and Trent Richardson didn't care about football once he made some money. Now he's sitting a cell somewhere unless he made bail. 

From my vantage point Trent wasn't able to "get skinny" through narrow holes in the pros. At Alabama he had gaping holes open so he rarely had to. I think 4 of the 5 Alabama OL were 1st round draft choices. Center Barrett Jones, who wasn't, was still an excellent lineman. I think Cleveland figured it out and that's why he was expendable. There was plenty of NFL film on Trent before the Colts traded for him. Why the Colts' scouts didn't figure it out from the NFL film puzzles me.

14 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

From my vantage point Trent wasn't able to "get skinny" through narrow holes in the pros. At Alabama he had gaping holes open so he rarely had to. I think 4 of the 5 Alabama OL were 1st round draft choices. Center Barrett Jones, who wasn't, was still an excellent lineman. I think Cleveland figured it out and that's why he was expendable. There was plenty of NFL film on Trent before the Colts traded for him. Why the Colts' scouts didn't figure it out from the NFL film puzzles me.

The back Trent was at Cleveland was much better than the back Trent was with the Colts.     I think the Colts thought that with a better team,  Trent would be a better player.

Suffice to say it didn't work out that way.....

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The back Trent was at Cleveland was much better than the back Trent was with the Colts.     I think the Colts thought that with a better team,  Trent would be a better player.

Suffice to say it didn't work out that way.....

Trent averaged 3.6 ypc in his full season with the Browns and was averaging 3.4 ypc in his partial. The Colts certainly had a better team but not a better offensive line (Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, etc.) which is the main determinant  of 'better' for running back success. If the Browns thought that TRich was the world beater that his #3 overall draft position indicated they never would have made the trade. I doubt that they thought the #1 they would get from the Colts pick would be a top 15. JMO

33 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

Trent averaged 3.6 ypc in his full season with the Browns and was averaging 3.4 ypc in his partial. The Colts certainly had a better team but not a better offensive line (Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, etc.) which is the main determinant  of 'better' for running back success. If the Browns thought that TRich was the world beater that his #3 overall draft position indicated they never would have made the trade. I doubt that they thought the #1 they would get from the Colts pick would be a top 15. JMO

I don't disagree with what you wrote.....

But I think the Colts thought they could put TRich in a better situation than the Browns could.

Winning franchise....      franchise level QB....     a chance to play meaningful games late in the year.....     

A spectacular fail.