Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chester Rogers

Smonroe

What do people think about him?  He's from Huntsville, AL so I watched him closely when he was on the field.  

I thought for an undrafted rookie he was very good.  It seemed like Luck had more confidence in him than Dorsett as the year went on.  

He has good size and speed, could use a few lbs.  Solid #3-4 WR.  Eliminates the need for Bray IMO.

From the "Eye" test he definitely has talent. Rogers/Luck put together some great plays for sure, and he(Rogers) seemed to be gaining confidence in himself as the season went on. I'm personally excited to see how he progresses, because he very well could take over the #3 spot this season unless Dorsett wakes up. And couple in the fact, the WR's have a new coach could help all of that squad. 

I thought he showed flashes as well. I think he can be a really good number 4 type for us the next few years, and if we don't bring in another WR he will be challenging Dorsett for the number 3. Still wish we had signed Eli Rogers instead though LOL.........Now that's hindsight. Just a little word play ya know.

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I thought he showed flashes as well. I think he can be a really good number 4 type for us the next few years, and if we don't bring in another WR he will be challenging Dorsett for the number 3. Still wish we had signed Eli Rogers instead though LOL.........Now that's hindsight. Just a little word play ya know.

Remember, this was Eli's second year. The Steelers hid him on IR his rookie season.  

I agree about Dorsett, he needs to show why he was a first round pick this season.  I tried to watch some all 22 on him just to see if I wasn't giving him a fair shake.  TBH, I saw nothing special about him.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

Remember, this was Eli's second year. The Steelers hid him on IR his rookie season.  

I agree about Dorsett, he needs to show why he was a first round pick this season.  I tried to watch some all 22 on him just to see if I wasn't giving him a fair shake.  TBH, I saw nothing special about him.  

You sir are correct. Brain lapse I guess LOL. But yeah. I originally thought Eli was a rookie UDFA until I heard the commentators mention he was a 2nd year guy one game.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

First thing we gotta have when it comes to our wide outs though is 10 staying healthy, playing 16 games, and giving us 1,000 plus receiving yards, and 10-15 TD's. He's gotta come out and be the boss in his 4th season.

Hilton hasn't even had a 10TD season yet, I'd pump the brakes on hoping for Moncrief to put up 15. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen, but I just want him to be healthy 16 games, everything else is icing on the cake.

34 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I thought Rogers looked decent, but nothing I saw convinced me that he'll jump Dorsett on the depth chart.

Rogers: 19rec 243yds 0TDs

Dorsett: 33rec 528yds 2TDs

Dorsett is being given every shot considering he's a #1 pick.  If you put them on an even playing field, I'm not sure he's that far ahead of Chester.  

(Still ticked we didn't take Collins).  

58 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Hilton hasn't even had a 10TD season yet, I'd pump the brakes on hoping for Moncrief to put up 15. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen, but I just want him to be healthy 16 games, everything else is icing on the cake.

Moncrief is supposed to be our big 6'2 number 1 beast. He's supposed to be a big RZ threat. TY is arguably a top 10 WR IMO. He is a route running fool, who can get open almost at will, he's a home run threat, he can kill defenses in almost every way possible, and he can just run past everybody for a big play, etc. But again Moncrief is our big 6'2 stud. He needs to step up and be a number 1 caliber receiver IMO. And I think he has that potential. How many TDs did he have this year in what? 8 games?

Never mind. Just looked it up. 9 games, 7 TD's. So 10-15 TD's in 16 games is far from unreasonable.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Moncrief is supposed to be our big 6'2 number 1 beast. He's supposed to be a big RZ threat. TY is arguably a top 10 WR IMO. He is a route running fool, who can get open almost at will, he's a home run threat, he can kill defenses in almost every way possible, and he can just run past everybody for a big play, etc. But again Moncrief is our big 6'2 stud. He needs to step up and be a number 1 caliber receiver IMO. And I think he has that potential. How many TDs did he have this year in what? 8 games?

Never mind. Just looked it up. 9 games, 7 TD's. So 10-15 TD's in 16 games is far from unreasonable.

I don't think it's unreasonable, it's just that Luck has so many options (Allen, Gore, Turbin, Swoope, Doyle) in the red zone, and that's where Moncrief catches all of his TDs. I feel like with that many options Moncrief's production can be kind of feast or famine, which isn't really a bad thing as it keeps defenses guessing.

Wow. Crief and Rogers are the same age. But yeah. Look for 10 to break out this coming year. Remember he should have went back to school. So at 23, with 3 years experience with Luck. If he's healthy I fully expect a monster year. 10 and 13 are going to be nightmares for corners next season. And hopefully Rogers takes a big step forward, and hopefully Dorsett shows some type of competence, or some type of skills as a football player. But I think Rogers would be fine if Dorsett doesn't break out. I could see Rogers giving us 5-600 yards as the primary 3rd WR as we'll see a lot of 3 receiver sets.

22 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't think it's unreasonable, it's just that Luck has so many options (Allen, Gore, Turbin, Swoope, Doyle) in the red zone, and that's where Moncrief catches all of his TDs. I feel like with that many options Moncrief's production can be kind of feast or famine, which isn't really a bad thing as it keeps defenses guessing.

Good point, plus it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted another WR in the 4th or so. But I don't think we need Allen back with Doyle and Swoope. Doyle and Swoope can be one of the best TE duos in the league. Allen's a liability most of the time. Including his contract. We save 3 mill in cap room by cutting him. And as we all know. Swoop showed some big time signs last year that he could be a very good TE. He had right at 300 yards on 19 receptions bro. I never thought he would be anything but out of the league in 4 years, but he may end up being a breakout player next year. I'm actually really excited thinking about Moncrief being healthy and Doyle and Swoope at TE. Doyle is just going to keep getting better, as is Swoope, but expect a much bigger jump from Swoope.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'd guess Dorsett had significantly more. Rogers wasn't really on the field until after the Denver game, so he was a full 2 games behind at that point.

Dorsett had 795

Rogers had 435

was just wondering about production when on the field how they compared . 

Speaking of Rogers. Wonder where my boy Da'Rick is at nowadays? He was a 6'3 freak who could have been a star IMO. Don't ever forget he sparked the comeback against KC in the playoffs with that impossible catch. He showed he had the talent. Sad he's out of the league when he could be at least a beast number 2.

Speaking of Rogers. Wonder where my boy Da'Rick is at nowadays? He was a 6'3 freak who could have been a star IMO. Don't ever forget he sparked the comeback against KC in the playoffs with that impossible catch. He showed he had the talent. Sad he's out of the league when he could be at least a beast number 2.

This thread isn't about him.

CFL playing for the Toronto Argonauts. Hasnt really done anything up here tbh. Which is pretty telling that he isnt that great of a player, seeing as Taj Smith and Duron Carter are both 1000 yd receivers up here.  

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

This thread isn't about him.

You know how on Madden some guys have lower awareness than others? Yeah. My awareness is like a 44 only in real life. So thanks for letting me know. I had no idea this thread wasn't about Da'Rick. Actually at first I thought it was about Zach Kerr....:lol:......................................Come on man!!! LOL.

He should provide more competition for Dorsett at least and if Dorsett doesn't play well throughout x amount of games, may provide an alternative.  I don't see anything special in him but he could turn out to be a solid 3 pending on if Dorsett doesn't perform well.  They may bring in someone, or draft a WR late perhaps?  No clue. 

I'm really hoping Dorsett will come through but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.  At the same time, he's heading into year 3 and the guy has a big chance to shine.  I have a feeling we will tell early on throughout the first 3-5 games possibly how his season will turn out unless he pulls a Jay Ajayi and has a couple 200 yard games.

I can go ba ba blah over him. Half of you wouldn't understand watching film. You'll knock PD all day. Without watch "film" you'd see how defense would key on him. Then you would see how Luck could've hit him on routes. AL was always looking for the deepball. None us will put the blame on Luck.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

You know how on Madden some guys have lower awareness than others? Yeah. My awareness is like a 44 only in real life. So thanks for letting me know. I had no idea this thread wasn't about Da'Rick. Actually at first I thought it was about Zach Kerr....:lol:......................................Come on man!!! LOL.

Many threads are derailed because people take it off topic.

We are discussing Chester Rogers here.

Rodgers is a nice player right now for the 4th WR spot.     A free agent who didn't cost us a draft pick.

Seems to have decent hands and works hard to get open.      This was only his first season,   there's no reason not to think that he's not going to get better.      He is.     And the Colts will be better for it.

Good find but he scouts, the coaches, and the former GM.  (He who shall not be named....)   

:peek:

22 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Bray was our best returner, and isn't too shabby at WR. Gotta keep him. 

Meh, when you can just kneel and safely get the ball at the 25, is it worth a roster spot?

(Yeah, I know, they kick it short more often now.  I'd rather have Todman.)