Jim Irsay sounds pumped up!

RockThatBlue

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Yeah, this tweet from Irsay doesn't excite me at all. Tired of his nonsense 

He said Grigson & Pagano were tight when he extended them, how'd that work out. Now you're telling me a new Gm who wanted his own HC is great with Pagano? Not buying it 

Done with Irsay's foolishness. I'll believe it when we don't allow a team without a legit QB to win the division for the 3rd straight year in what's supposed to be a QB driven league & when we don't go 8-8 3 straight seasons 

Where did you hear Ballard say he wanted his own coach?

I don't understand how anyone can't be excited for this (off)season. 

1 hour ago, tomloge said:

Enough with the Pagano nonsense already.  It's been tiring for a long time.  He's not the one who missed tackles, he's not the one who dropped passes.  Did he call a lot of bad plays?  Yes.  Is he the best coach?  No.  Is he the absolute worst coach?  No.  People have been acting as though he's the worst person in the world.  Get over it.  Let's see what happens this coming year.  If he blows, then he'll be gone.  If the team does good with newer players, etc and the new GM, then we'll see what happens.  Plain and simple.  "You can't cry over spilled milk".  

Thank you.  Also, he's not the one who continued to bring in mediocre players.

I try to ignore some of these *ic complaints but some people whine so much with the same cry baby nonsense that you just want to sit them in time out.  It's the "I don't care how bad our players are, I want to win now!" Entitled attitude that's the worst.  

Would the the people who wanted Payton be happy with 7-9 every year?  Would those who wanted Shanahan be happy with the biggest choke job in the history of the NFL?  Yeah, I didn't think so.    

Like me you said, this is Pagano's shot.  Suck it up and support your coach.  

10 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah the one thing that the Grigson firing did for me is increase my patience. I wasn't hopeless, but I was getting close to not believing in Pagano or Girgson at all. I still think they should move on from Pagano, but I'm more than willing to give him a chance without Grigson lurking in the shadows and with some (hopefully) improved talent on the defense. Am excited to see how Chris Ballard will run this team too. Probably the most excited about the future of this team since Luck first got drafted.

I really like Ballards history, who he has worked with.
 Looks like to me he has a very similar makeup to Chucky. Humble and very excited. I could see them loving to work together.
 And i could see where Ballard`s use of analytic's over gut feelings could help clear Chucks head some. Business over my kinda guy.
 Chuck would look better with a real ground game, a better protected QB,

and 2-3 studs on D. Ya think? 

2 hours ago, tomloge said:

Enough with the Pagano nonsense already.  It's been tiring for a long time.  He's not the one who missed tackles, he's not the one who dropped passes.  Did he call a lot of bad plays?  Yes.  Is he the best coach?  No.  Is he the absolute worst coach?  No.  People have been acting as though he's the worst person in the world.  Get over it.  Let's see what happens this coming year.  If he blows, then he'll be gone.  If the team does good with newer players, etc and the new GM, then we'll see what happens.  Plain and simple.  "You can't cry over spilled milk".  

You're right, he's the one who can't gameplan for %, always have the team start out games slow, can't use timeouts correctly if his life depended on it, and forces schemes that don't fit the personnel groupings. But yeah, keep copping excuses for him. There's no "if he blows", the man has been here for five years....what you see is what you're going to get and a change in GM isn't going to magically fix his problems.

Dude is a bottom five coach in the league and is lucky to have a QB as talented as Luck saving his behind game-to-game.

8 hours ago, Superman said:

Smith didn't go until the third round. Why would Kiper be talking about him in the same conversation as Trae Waynes? 

Jon Gruden was challenging the types of players Kiper and others were selecting with a first round grade. He had a problem because they were selecting players who could not or were scared to tackle.  People like Trae Waynes and the kid Johnson that starts for the Texans.  Gruden felt like somebody with a first round grade should be able to do things that he liked about Djoun Smith.  To me he was basically pointing out to Kiper asking why guys like that don't get any first round consideration, but guys like Waynes and Johnson did even though they couldn't tackle.  Kiper didn't seem as excited about Smith as Gruden did.  Gruden made valid points though.

23 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

You're right, he's the one who can't gameplan for %, always have the team start out games slow, can't use timeouts correctly if his life depended on it, and forces schemes that don't fit the personnel groupings. But yeah, keep copping excuses for him. There's no "if he blows", the man has been here for five years....what you see is what you're going to get and a change in GM isn't going to magically fix his problems.

Dude is a bottom five coach in the league and is lucky to have a QB as talented as Luck saving his behind game-to-game.

I don`t think he Game Plans at all Offensively. It is not his job.
 Face it, Luck is the slow starter. He plays better much better from behind when the D backs off.  Over and over and over and over and....
 Yip, 5 years of the S___ and you folks should have a Clue!

6 hours ago, theanarchist said:

Morrison and Green both sucked

Doesn't mean that Green can't be better and if you pay attention to what I wrote it was "TJ may improve so it could potentially be 5".  Notice I said may improve.  Morrison didn't suck against the run.  That's what he was brought here for and that is what he is.  A 2 down player.  He does suck against the pass, but that's really not his reason for being here.  As long as they use him for what he was brought here for he'll live up to that and be useful.

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

Doesn't mean that Green can't be better and if you pay attention to what I wrote it was "TJ may improve so it could potentially be 5".  Notice I said may improve.  Morrison didn't suck against the run.  That's what he was brought here for and that is what he is.  A 2 down player.  He does suck against the pass, but that's really not his reason for being here.  As long as they use him for what he was brought here for he'll live up to that and be useful.

They were both rookies, and 'project' players.  Not making excuses for them, just pointing out that we shouldn't have expected much more.  

Collins sucked his first year.  If we would have taken him (like we should have) those same people would have deemed him a bust too.

3 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Sorry to inform you but any head coach with a 49-21 regular season record is not a bottom five coach.

4 hours ago, ManningGM said:

We were leading in more games at the end of Q1, than not. I think we were 50-50 at HT (guess). But then again, the bashers have never been fond of facts....

26 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

We were leading in more games at the end of Q1, than not. I think we were 50-50 at HT (guess). But then again, the bashers have never been fond of facts....

Are those facts or alternative facts? Possibly abstract facts even. Personally I've always been a fan of surrealist facts. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry for the typo but his regular season record is 49-31 with a record of 6-3 in the playoffs. That is not a sign of a bottom five coach.

He is not a bottom 5 Coach, too many people in here overreact. He isn't Top half either but probably in the Top 20 - around 20th or so. So he is basically Average. Now that Ballard is the GM and our schedule on paper looks favorable I am curious to see how he does now. Grigson brought a bad atmosphere to the team. Andrew will be 100% healthy as well after shoulder surgery and plenty of rest.

13 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Yeah, this tweet from Irsay doesn't excite me at all. Tired of his nonsense 

He said Grigson & Pagano were tight when he extended them, how'd that work out. Now you're telling me a new Gm who wanted his own HC is great with Pagano? Not buying it 

Done with Irsay's foolishness. I'll believe it when we don't allow a team without a legit QB to win the division for the 3rd straight year in what's supposed to be a QB driven league & when we don't go 8-8 3 straight seasons 

Somebody needs a Snickers.

Basically, here's how I see it with Pagano. Is he bottom 5? No, but he's close. People on here complain that we haven't given him enough defensive talent to work with, which is probably true. However, you look at the flipside. We've given him plenty of offensive talent to work with, and it's a disaster most weeks. Inconsistent, slow starts, where we are down by double digit leads most games and have to play catch up. Pagano has plenty of talent to work with on the offense and we still struggle. What makes you think that things would be any different on the defensive side if there was more talent?

If we were scoring around 30 points a game and allowing the other team to score after us almost every game and ended up 8-8 the last two years solely because of a great offense but terrible defense, I'd give Pagano the benefit of the doubt that the defense was costing the team games. It's because of bad offense and defense though, even though the offense is solid and we have Luck at QB. You can say statistically we have a top 10 Offense, but it really doesn't do any good when we struggle all game and put garbage time stats most games. The only two games we dominated from start to finish last year were the Jets and Vikings. Have to do better than that.

26 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Still can not understand why Pagano is still here 

A 49-31 regular season record with a 6-3 record in the playoffs kind of explains itself. Throw in Grigsons lack of fielding an average defense and Luck missing most of a season also explains it even further.

IMO it is not hard to understand.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

A 49-31 regular season record with a 6-3 record in the playoffs kind of explains itself. Throw in Grigsons lack of fielding an average defense and Luck missing most of a season also explains it even further.

IMO it is not hard to understand.

Nice to see you back Crazy One! Glad everything is okay!