bababooey

Revis is in big trouble

Recommended Posts

If the story holds true from Revis' perspective, the two guys deserved what happened. People will eventually learn to quit running up on these guys and being obnoxious. Regardless of their status, there is a respectful way to approach them, and what those guys did was far from it. I've known and been around high profile athletes, race drivers, etc.. and it's unbelievable some of the % people pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Revis' account is true, they had no right to harass him and deserved it. Also, those charges are complete overstretches, and any decent lawyer will get him off (sorry about the phrasing...). "Robbery" for grabbing a guy's phone? Please. Conspiracy? What? Terroristic threats? Good luck getting that one to stick unless he yelled about plans to bomb Heinz field as he was beating them down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If the story holds true from Revis' perspective, the two guys deserved what happened. People will eventually learn to quit running up on these guys and being obnoxious. Regardless of their status, there is a respectful way to approach them, and what those guys did was far from it. I've known and been around high profile athletes, race drivers, etc.. and it's unbelievable some of the % people pull.

I can imagine the stupidity of some people. It's one thing if you're a kid or a lady, another if you're an adult male. I basically camped out for hours in the Conrad Hotel in Indy during reunion weekend. You just gotta be respectful and read the room, I felt I could get a pic w Dallas when he was alone in the lobby and he was nice enough to oblige. Joe Addai went right up to me and saw my Colts sweater and shook my hand and seemed excited to see ME and we spoke for a few minutes. Other guys like Jeff, Stokley, Polian I just said a quick hello and congrats to. I mean, I'd probably geek out if it was Peyton but I wouldn't be anything but polite.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Derakynn said:

Assuming Revis' account is true, they had no right to harass him and deserved it. Also, those charges are complete overstretches, and any decent lawyer will get him off (sorry about the phrasing...). "Robbery" for grabbing a guy's phone? Please. Conspiracy? What? Terroristic threats? Good luck getting that one to stick unless he yelled about plans to bomb Heinz field as he was beating them down. 

I agree those charges seem extreme if revis' account is somewhat accurate. I figure it should be a misdemeanor if no ones face was broken. Getting knocked out seems fair for essentially stalking someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened in the last 10 years that made regular, everyday fist fights such a big deal? Most men wouldn't press charges on another man first of all. I don't know. This just sounds dumb IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

What happened in the last 10 years that made regular, everyday fist fights such a big deal? Most men wouldn't press charges on another man first of all. I don't know. This just sounds dumb IMO.

Also when has anyone thought breaking out their Cell phone and recording someone in their face was right? Imagine being out with a girlfriend and eating dinner and someone breaks out a Cell phone out of the blue because you are an athlete and start videoing you for example. People need help doing that kind of thing haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

isn't really a major ordeal IMO. It was just a regular ole fight from what I understand.

4 felonies is pretty major

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bababooey said:

I can imagine the stupidity of some people. It's one thing if you're a kid or a lady, another if you're an adult male. I basically camped out for hours in the Conrad Hotel in Indy during reunion weekend. You just gotta be respectful and read the room, I felt I could get a pic w Dallas when he was alone in the lobby and he was nice enough to oblige. Joe Addai went right up to me and saw my Colts sweater and shook my hand and seemed excited to see ME and we spoke for a few minutes. Other guys like Jeff, Stokley, Polian I just said a quick hello and congrats to. I mean, I'd probably geek out if it was Peyton but I wouldn't be anything but polite.

 

You did it the right way. Most people don't have that kind of self-restraint and approach these guys like they are entitled. Don't get me wrong, there are athletes who don't want any interaction at all, but most of them, again if they are approached respectfully, are cool. When you start getting loud, pull out your phone, start taking pictures etc.. when that person tells you to stop, I have no sympathy for what happens to them afterwards. Again, these guys probably got what they deserved and will be a little more respectful when approaching these guys. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

isn't really a major ordeal IMO. It was just a regular ole fight from what I understand.

i believe terroristic threats are a federal charge but I'm not positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

You did it the right way. Most people don't have that kind of self-restraint and approach these guys like they are entitled. Don't get me wrong, there are athletes who don't want any interaction at all, but most of them, again if they are approached respectfully, are cool. When you start getting loud, pull out your phone, start taking pictures etc.. when that person tells you to stop, I have no sympathy for what happens to them afterwards. Again, these guys probably got what they deserved and will be a little more respectful when approaching these guys. 

Exactly, they get paid to play, not paid to amuse us in person. You get a pass when you're a kid and famous folks will be more inclined to reciprocate but adults need to know better. I was in high school and even then was afraid to go up to John Madden during halftime of the last MNF game on NBC (heard from the lady working he was a jerk), but my brother and cousin who were both younger went right up and each got his autograph on a Jets football that they gave out that night. Nowadays because of phones it's easier to get a quick pic anyway (I'd rather have the pic than the autograph) which, as an adult male, I've done plenty of times (after asking of course). If you read the situation it's a get in/get out move to the delight of both parties, they also aren't giving you anything you can make a profit off of like an autograph so might be more inclined anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often wonder why wealthy guys like Revis don't always travel with paid security personnel to prevent legal snafus like this one.

 

I'm not mandating everybody famous do this because some guys don't make a king's ransom, but if you can swing it financially; it more than pays for itself in the long run. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bababooey said:

4 felonies is pretty major

 

 

Bro check this out. I watched about 30 plus cops, all decked out looking like a swat team carrying AR's arrest my neighbor and they're trying to hem him up, and send him to prison over nothing, all the neighbors went out after the cops got there and so on, but I live closer to his house than most of those people, so I was right there where all the action was, standing in the driveway just listening, talking to a few local cops I know, etc. But I listened to the police talk about if they could overcharge him and make sure he goes to prison, (Charge him federally to make sure he wont get out)  I live in a sub division, nobody up here liked this guy other than me. I would talk to him when I'd see him outside, let him use my mower in the summer time, etc, and ended up really liking the guy. He was a really cool guy you know. He loved sports, so we talked sports, and etc. But I tend to get along with the majority, but as I said he was a real good guy, he just loved guns and had like an arsenal of weapons he showed me. AR's, AK's. FN's. bullet proof vest, LOL I mean everything bro. All he done was shoot a gun off behind his house a few times, there WAS a target set up, and nobody seen where he was shooting toward. Other neighbors shoot up here all the time, its no big deal, and we're outside city limits may I add. Then a few minutes after he started shooting BOOM. I looked out and dude. It was a crazy scene. They were wanting to charge him with attempted murder man. So I know how things can go. I look at both sides. Charged the guy with 8 or 9 felonies and his life is screwed over nothing. 30 something years old with a wife and 12 year old son sitting over there while he sits in jail because the cops overcharged him, when he shouldn't have been charged at all. they all agreed they couldn't charge him with attempted murder so they just stacked on a pile of felonies. This has been months ago. So I look at both sides man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I often wonder why wealthy guys like Revis don't always travel with paid security personnel to prevent legal snafus like this one.

 

I'm not mandating everybody famous do this because some guys don't make a king's ransom, but if you can swing it financially; it more than pays for itself in the long run. 

Yeah I would at least bring a friend with me if I was going out in public or to a bar. Someone of large size LOL so someone would think twice of messing with me. Also you would have a witness as well if something goes down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

 

 

Bro check this out. I watched about 30 plus cops, all decked out looking like a swat team carrying AR's arrest my neighbor and they're trying to hem him up, and send him to prison over nothing, all the neighbors went out after the cops got there and so on, but I live closer to his house than most of those people, so I was right there where all the action was, standing in the driveway just listening, talking to a few local cops I know, etc. But I listened to the police talk about if they could overcharge him and make sure he goes to prison, (Charge him federally to make sure he wont get out)  I live in a sub division, nobody up here liked this guy other than me. I would talk to him when I'd see him outside, let him use my mower in the summer time, etc, and ended up really liking the guy. He was a really cool guy you know. He loved sports, so we talked sports, and etc. But I tend to get along with the majority, but as I said he was a real good guy, he just loved guns and had like an arsenal of weapons he showed me. AR's, AK's. FN's. bullet proof vest, LOL I mean everything bro. All he done was shoot a gun off behind his house a few times, there WAS a target set up, and nobody seen where he was shooting toward. Other neighbors shoot up here all the time, its no big deal, and we're outside city limits may I add. Then a few minutes after he started shooting BOOM. I looked out and dude. It was a crazy scene. They were wanting to charge him with attempted murder man. So I know how things can go. I look at both sides. Charged the guy with 8 or 9 felonies and his life is screwed over nothing. 30 something years old with a wife and 12 year old son sitting over there while he sits in jail because the cops overcharged him, when he shouldn't have been charged at all. they all agreed they couldn't charge him with attempted murder so they just stacked on a pile of felonies. This has been months ago. So I look at both sides man.

Crazy stuff really. Man that had to be a wild scene, I feel bad for that guy considering he has a family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bababooey said:

4 felonies is pretty major

 

I expect the charges to be dropped. Revis has no criminal record. These charges appear overblown. Terroristic acts? That's absurd. 

 

What is sad is that even if charges are dropped, these guys will probably file a civil suit which will be settled out of court. So, they still cash in. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I expect the charges to be dropped. Revis has no criminal record. These charges appear overblown. Terroristic acts? That's absurd. 

 

What is sad is that even if charges are dropped, these guys will probably file a civil suit which will be settled out of court. So, they still cash in. 

Yeah I wonder if law enforcement in that city have something on record he may have said to charge him with a Terrorist threat? Seems odd to me charging him with that if they don't. That is a pretty serious charge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Crazy stuff really. Man that had to be a wild scene, I feel bad for that guy considering he has a family.

 

Yeah it sucks for the dude. It's sad seeing his wife and son now. And yeah man. I haven't ever seen anything like that before in my life. I mean they had the entire road coming up into my sub division blocked off. But my point is you always gotta look at both sides of a situation you know. It basically came down to a bunch of important people didn't like the dude living up here, and they thought he was dangerous because everyone knew he had so many guns and all that, and he told me he had been in some trouble a few times here when he was younger. But like I said. I kinda got to know him over the years and he was a good guy. Never seemed like he was dangerous to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I wonder if law enforcement in that city have something on record he may have said to charge him with a Terrorist threat? Seems odd to me charging him with that if they don't. That is a pretty serious charge.

I think he most likely said something that was on the phone video that lead them make that charge. I mean he cant have been dumb enough to say something to the cops faces, right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I think he most likely said something that was on the phone video that lead them make that charge. I mean he cant have been dumb enough to say something to the cops faces, right??

Yeah that is what I am wondering. If they have him on video saying something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that is what I am wondering. If they have him on video saying something?

I feel like they have to. Otherwise its a pretty ridiculous accusation to make. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 17, 2017 at 0:41 PM, COLTS449 said:

What happened in the last 10 years that made regular, everyday fist fights such a big deal? Most men wouldn't press charges on another man first of all. I don't know. This just sounds dumb IMO.

TMZ and scumbag lawyers. (Not all of them)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 17, 2017 at 8:52 PM, COLTS449 said:

he told me he had been in some trouble a few times here when he was younger. 

 

Depending on the laws in your state, if he had previous legal trouble, especially if he had any prior felonies, he was not supposed to be in possession of certain if not all firearms, especially not an arsenal. Was he part of any constitutional groups or militias? Those guys get watched more then they know. Feel bad for his family, especially if it could all have been avoided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following Sports Illustrated article breaks down the charges against Revis and gives an idea of what the defense strategy probably will be. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/02/16/darrelle-revis-assault-charges-jets-nfl-future%3Fsource%3Ddam

 

I wondered why Revis was charged with "terroristic threats". The article says:

 

"A terroristic threat is not synonymous with a 'terrorist' threat. A terroristic threat is instead a threat to harm another person with the goal of terrorizing that individual. While the charges have not yet been explained by law enforcement, Revis is presumably accused of threatening the two men with the hopes of terrorizing them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Well, I mean, I touched on it in the post you quoted. Look at how the Steelers have under-performed against far inferior teams...they play down to their opponents regularly...this has been the case for a while now...and it's this cocky, toxic environment that he has created. Not the first time the Jaguars have beaten them at home in a playoff game under Tomlin with the guise of a big opponent to follow...Bort beat them, David Garrard beat them...Tim Tebow, one of the worst QBs in NFL history, beat them...that wild card loss to Baltimore a few years ago was a joke too...but ignoring the big stuff, even during the regular season, they cut it way too fine against teams they should be trouncing with their talent.    This might be the most talented offense in the league. And they might know that, but they don't utilize it. They always try to get too tricky for their own good, they want to be geniuses...4th & 1...power forward QB Ben Roethlisberger...a sneak is too easy, even un-athletic 40-year-old Tom Brady still runs sneaks, Ben is like 15 for 15 on getting first downs on sneaks or some ridiculous stat...in a big spot, they go back to back toss sweep right against a diesel front 7. They need to go 1 yard, their QB is 2 yards tall, they go 5 yards behind the LOS and stretch it out into WRs and TEs who can't block LBs. This was the same thing with their overuse of the TE screen in years passed that cost them dearly in big spots.   Even the guys in the locker room, Mike Mitchell, a horrendous player in his own right...talking about how they were prepared for New England...as a result, they didn't get to play them.   You can go on and on, and it's tough to judge coaches from the outside...but if you can sense danger, so to speak, you can sense this thing stinks...it's buoyed by talent, that's fine, but it's not clear that the environment is really healthy there, it's not clear that this thing is really organized. It seems like a country club atmosphere (coincidentally, the Pittsburgh Penguins went through this for a time as well...which I can speak much more about it if only it were the appropriate board) and that falls on the organizational leadership that promotes that.
    •   GMs do that all the time. John Elway could have inked Malik Jackson before he was part of that 2015 historic SB winning season but chose to focus on other priorities knowing that the Von Miller re-signing was coming up. It is possible the Panthers anticipated other priorities then.
    • The Steelers problem is mainly on defense. They just haven't done a good job replacing that studly defense they had in the 2000s. Those linebackers, the secondary, the d line. They just don't have that dynamic defense anymore....and the one pretty athletic side line to side line line backer Shazier got hurt. They don't intimidate anyone any more....they are basically the 2000 Colts...overwhelming teams with offensive firepower.
    • I think this is actually a pretty good FA group for making a shift to a 4-3 defense. Fortunately, all of his long-term commitments from last offseason will fit (which I assume was the plan). But even given the amount of activity last offseason, I fully expect Ballard to get heavily involved in FA on the defensive side...including in the front 7.   A few more names to keep an eye on that haven't been mentioned:   DL - Kony Ealy, Alex Okafor CB - Kyle Fuller ILB  - Christian Jones OLB - Nigel Bradham, Mychal Kendricks (if cut)   I think we could see pickups at ILB, OLB, DE and DT. Could look something like this in early March:   RDE - Ealy RDT - Hankins LDT - ? LDE - Sheard   Will - Kendricks Mike - Hitchens Sam - Simon   That would set up a ton of flexibility heading into the draft. Get an elite defensive prospect (ideally a pass rusher) and then go after some positions on offense like OL, RB and WR.                
    • Furthermore, if you need regurgitation by Holder or Keefer or that which can commonly be observed by any untrained eye to be informed....then you aren't really all that interested in the Colts.   Does my disdain for the Star show too much?  I may need to work on that.
  • Members