Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Tom Brady Book and Movie!!!!!

King Colt

45 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Patriot fans think this? 90% of the Patriot threads on this board are started by Colts fans. And within those threads, about 90% of the posts are by Colts fans. And the second Patriots fans don't contribute we get some smart post from a Colts fan wondering where all the Patriots fans went! Please...we aren't the ones you have to 'thank' for constantly updating you on our team.

Before twitter became a thing, I always said that this forum is where I came for up to date Patriots news. You guys are very, very quick to post all things New England. In the 13+ years that I've been here, that hasn't changed.

You're one of the only pats fans in here that I respect, and admire you sticking up for your team regardless. Just have to call a spade a spade sometimes.

3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Except ALL the NFL wanted were texts!  And you sir need look it up again as that was a TEXT! NOT AN EMAIL. Who sends a 2 line email? Wow your special or in denial of facts.. if you want continue PM me as the Mods have said more than once no more deflategate.. but I suggest that you actually do research before you PM.

Oh yeah, PM you so that every time I prove you wrong, no one else sees it? Uhhhh nope!

Research you say? Ok, here you go, I did 30 seconds worth, and guess what? you're wrong, again. I'll just put this here.... 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-in-email-ive-got-another-7-8-years-peyton-manning-has-2/amp/?client=safari

Heres part of the article.......

We know this thanks to emails Brady sent a friend during the 2014 season. These emails were submitted among documents in the NFLPA's suit over the four-game suspension for Brady's role in Deflategate.

See that part where it says "EMAILS?"

Have a wonderful day!

1 hour ago, dynasty13 said:

Patriot fans think this? 90% of the Patriot threads on this board are started by Colts fans. And within those threads, about 90% of the posts are by Colts fans. And the second Patriots fans don't contribute we get some smart post from a Colts fan wondering where all the Patriots fans went! Please...we aren't the ones you have to 'thank' for constantly updating you on our team.

Before twitter became a thing, I always said that this forum is where I came for up to date Patriots news. You guys are very, very quick to post all things New England. In the 13+ years that I've been here, that hasn't changed.

In all fairness the Planet is no different regarding Peyton. I am not a member over there but have occasionally been over there to read the Posts. When the whole Tennessee incident came up again that is all you guys talked about for a week bashing Peyton, same for the HGH topic. Some of the things said over there about Peyton were so outlandish that I could only laugh about it at a certain point.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually would take Kareem or Wilt over Russell. I do understand Russell won 11 Titles but like I stated earlier it was easier back in the 60's to win every year. There weren't that many teams and all the great players played for the Celtics so when you only have to win 2 series your odds are good of winning it. Lakers had 2 players that were great in West and Baylor but the Celtics had like 8 All-Stars during that decade. There is no way that Celtics team would've won 11 Titles during 80's, 90's or today. There is too much competition today and there was back in the 80's. I think Larry Bird's teams were better than Russell's actually but they only won 3 Titles because they had Magic to deal with.

Saw West make last second , half court shot to tie think was 7th game then Knicks won in OT- days of Wills Reed & Walt ( clyde ) Frazier

here u go the celtics  had no one  LOL )

EXCERPT

great historical article

http://www.nba.com/celtics/history/Recap_1960s.html

Season Recaps - 1960s

1959-62: Wilt Arrives, But Celtics Prove That Five Stars Are Better Than One

The Celtics' success continued in the following season. Each of the five starters-Frank Ramsey, Tom Heinsohn, Bill Russell, Bill Sharman, and Bob Cousy-averaged better than 15 points,

and Auerbach had a bench that included Sam Jones, K. C. Jones, and Gene Conley, who was an All-Star pitcher with the Philadelphia Phillies in the offseason. The 1959-60 Celtics reeled off a 17-game winning streak on their way to winning the division title by 10 games.

The Eastern Division Finals featured a matchup between rookie sensation Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia Warriors and Russell of the Celtics.

Chamberlain had turned the league upside down, averaging 37.6 points and 27.0 rebounds during the regular season and claiming the NBA Most Valuable Player Award.

But even a superstar wasn't enough to defeat the formidable Celtics, as Boston prevailed in six games.

Has lot more on this team & then on all the 60's Celtic teams , the last point is what u are saying

1962-63: Cousy Retires With Yet Another Ring

1963-65: Russell Keeps Dynasty Going

Yet as important as Russell's contributions were, Boston prospered by virtue of a total team effort.

The guard tandem of Sam Jones and K. C. Jones offered the perfect balance of scoring and defense, while

Tom Heinsohn and Satch Sanders anchored the forward positions.

The team's highest scorer didn't even start-Havlicek came off the bench to average 19.9 points. Boston waltzed through postseason play to a sixth straight championship, ousting the Cincinnati Royals in five games and then defeating Wilt Chamberlain and the San Francisco Warriors in the title series.

Having Havilcek on the bench is a farce of  TEAM Depth Vs all else

Beside for Pats fans I can't really see a lot of people wanting to see this. Tom Brady may be the greatest qb ever (not in my mind of course) but even if he is he is generally not very well liked outside of their fan base unlike Peyton Manning who everyone loved beside maybe some pats fans. 

21 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Patriot fans think this? 90% of the Patriot threads on this board are started by Colts fans. And within those threads, about 90% of the posts are by Colts fans.

actually, most of the posts in this thread are bashing the op.  90% of these threads are not started by colts fans either

while some people might be a fan of both teams, a thread like this would be more appropriate for the patriots forum.  colts fans do not care about a brady bio, if you actually read this thread you would see that

1 hour ago, coltsleafs said:

Beside for Pats fans I can't really see a lot of people wanting to see this. Tom Brady may be the greatest qb ever (not in my mind of course) but even if he is he is generally not very well liked outside of their fan base unlike Peyton Manning who everyone loved beside maybe some pats fans. 

Most fanbases generally love Peyton and hate Tom. Really the only fanbases that couldn't stand Peyton were the teams in our Division and the Pats. It's because he owned the Division for a decade and had a great rivalry with Tom. I seldom see hardly any fanbases bashing Peyton outside of the teams I just named because he is well respected and has never been a proven cheater. Tom has won more SB's but Peyton won a lot of games beating up on most teams and still most liked him so I don't even think it's the winning to why most people don't like Tom. I think it's the Pats playing around with the integrity of the game more than anything.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most fanbases generally love Peyton and hate Tom. Really the only fanbases that couldn't stand Peyton were the teams in our Division and the Pats. It's because he owned the Division for a decade and had a great rivalry with Tom. I seldom see hardly any fanbases bashing Peyton outside of the teams I just named because he is well respected and has never been a proven cheater. Tom has won more SB's but Peyton won a lot of games beating up on most teams and still most liked him so I don't even think it's the winning to why most people don't like Tom. I think it's the Pats playing around with the integrity of the game more than anything.

I agree. I also believe many people don't like Tom Brady period. He comes off as arrogant and self-centered. In addition, many people who don't follow football don't like him because of some of the things he has done off the field.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. I also believe many people don't like Tom Brady period. He comes off as arrogant and self-centered. In addition, many people who don't follow football don't like him because of some of the things he has done off the field.

We really don't know either off of the field but you and many others like me have followed both their career's for nearly 2 decades. Having said that, Peyton definitely seems like the more likeable guy and he's funnier which is a great personality trait to have - meaning he has shown he can have fun with the media. Tom comes off as more stand offish towards the media which most don't care for. A lot like Belichick actually.

Eeew. Not at all interested in a Brady movie... Can't imagine who would be, really. Even Pats fans would probably rather watch NFL Films shows/segments about him. 

I would read an autobiography from Brady, but wouldn't want to suffer through any dramatized version of his story... Unless they took the "American Psycho" angle, of course, that would be watchable.

Strangely I feel the exact opposite about Ray Lewis... I'd watch the Hollywood version of his story, for sure. I about lost my mind with laughter listening to his pregame hype speaches for each team before the SB... He is going to be the "Iron Sheik" of the NFL in a few years, I think. 

On 2/17/2017 at 11:24 PM, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Hmmm.... Let's see, delete texts that implicate me in a cheating scandal, or emails(yes emails not texts) talking about how old someone is.....wow tough decision! Fail#1

And if I remember correctly, those emails were Cherry picked and given to investigators by the pats lawyers. Fail #2

Oh yeah.....and let's go ahead and destroy the suspect phone, seems legit. Fail #3

Bye FAILicia!

So much for reading. See it isn't just a FB issue.. again if you want to continue PM me. This is not the forum for it. Also it was a TEXT. Or do you believe people write 2 sentence emails. (Eye roll). Also THE NFL HAD NO RIGHT TO HIS BLEEPIN PHONE! Just like YOUR BOSS has NO RIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! But hey denying them access proves guilt.. yes just like denying your boss access to your phone (that you pay for) when they ask to see it.

5 hours ago, JimJaime said:

So much for reading. See it isn't just a FB issue.. again if you want to continue PM me. This is not the forum for it. Also it was a TEXT. Or do you believe people write 2 sentence emails. (Eye roll). Also THE NFL HAD NO RIGHT TO HIS BLEEPIN PHONE! Just like YOUR BOSS has NO RIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! But hey denying them access proves guilt.. yes just like denying your boss access to your phone (that you pay for) when they ask to see it.

Pretty sure reading comprehension is not your strong point, that's ok, I'll post this again.......

Oh yeah, PM you so that every time I prove you wrong, no one else sees it? Uhhhh nope!

Research you say? Ok, here you go, I did 30 seconds worth, and guess what? you're wrong, again. I'll just put this here.... 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-in-email-ive-got-another-7-8-years-peyton-manning-has-2/amp/?client=safari

Heres part of the article.......

We know this thanks to emails Brady sent a friend during the 2014 season. These emails were submitted among documents in the NFLPA's suit over the four-game suspension for Brady's role in Deflategate.

See that part where it says "EMAILS?"

Have a wonderful day!

I'd watch the movie but not read the book. I like movies.

RELAX everyone.

It's just a topic about a Tom Brady movie. Thats all..........it's just Tom Brady. He isn't a demon or out to get anyone or make your kids join a satanic cult. It's just Brady and Pats fans are just fans of a team too.

There will probably be a Peyton movie someday too. We can someday watch all the movies and compare and contrast then and fight over who had the better movie.

Depending on how this movie is done will determine how much watching it will get outside of New England, which is true for most sports movies, the local fan base will lap it up and others will watch the movie if it has some interesting points outside of any local interest.  I will be interested in seeing it as I am a fan of Brady and understand that others may not want to see the movie. 

It will be interesting if the movie just focuses on this year only, or has a brief beginning about Brady coming in 199th in the draft and 4th on the depth chart in 2000 to where he is today.

Also, it will be interesting to see to watch extent the movie gets into Deflategate, if at all, it may just take it from the penalties and how the team dealt with Brady's suspension this year, and if any team bonding came from Brady being out for 4 games. 

On 2/18/2017 at 4:24 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In all fairness the Planet is no different regarding Peyton. I am not a member over there but have occasionally been over there to read the Posts. When the whole Tennessee incident came up again that is all you guys talked about for a week bashing Peyton, same for the HGH topic. Some of the things said over there about Peyton were so outlandish that I could only laugh about it at a certain point.

All fan bases will have those folks that will go after the opponent or players on other teams.  I do know that there are posters on Pats sites that are not a fan of Manning and have posted accordingly.  And when there is an issue against a player they do not like, then some folks will gang up and make negative posts.  

On 2/17/2017 at 10:16 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think he is the GOAT, no joking aside. The 2 scandals which I really don't want to discuss nor do the MODS want to read about anymore are still in the back of my mind though. Having said that after this last SB win it's tough to argue against him not being the GOAT. I love Peyton and he is Top 5 without a doubt but Tom has won 5 SB's and 4 SB MVP's. I have no real debate for that other than Peyton being better statistically and winning 5 League MVP's. I am just glad Peyton won that 2nd Ring because that put him in Top 5 without question and he retired on top. Regarding Tom I think he will win another SB, I actually don't see why they wont Repeat with Peyton retired. Big Ben stinks it up vs them and KC chokes every season. Colts are in rebuild mode with the Defense and new GM. Raiders don't have the Defense and I have to see Carr play Great 2 years in a row before I can say, yeah he may be Very Good to Great. Andrew did it his first 3 years so I knew he was legit Good to Great.

Time with tell with respect to the two scandals and if they stand the test of time, they might for some folks and I understand where you are coming from 2006Coltsbestever.  The 49ers used silicon on the OL jerseys and Rice admitted to using stickem, so many great teams have concerns, and again time will tell how history reflects upon them 20 years after their run is over.  Some will still have these concerns in the back of their minds. 

I am glad that Brady got his 5th ring and also that he had the opportunity to have his game tying drive be one where he had the time to drive the field but really not enough time for the opponent to strike back and make his last TD drive moot.  A lot of the great drives we have seen in history from Montana, Elway, Big Ben, the Mannings, etc, all came with enough time to complete the drive and not have the opponent answer.

And lastly, for me when i look at Brady I look at his second place finishes and his regular season success to give to support to the 5 rings, its not like he had 5 great years and did nothing outside of those 5 great years. Indeed, outside of the 5 Super Bowl runs, he has 10-9 playoff record.   I just hope he can play 2-3 more good years before he retires to add to his resume.

Yes, I am glad that a healthy Peyton is not around as it opens up the AFC for the Pats and as it stands now the AFC is not as strong as it has been in the past, so that is good for Pats fans.  Of coarse, even if we make the playoffs, all it takes is one off game, or good game by opponent, and the pats home watching football.  We could of lost to either Houston or Atlanta this year. 

On 2/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, NannyMcafee said:

Peyton Manning was a huge aspect to the offenses we see in the league today. But they want to write a book about a QB with team achievements. That's all I was saying. My hate for the patriots is real. 

Oh OK.  For minute there I thought you were referring to Brady.