Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Tom Brady Book and Movie!!!!!

King Colt

EXCLUSIVE: A new book and feature film project about Tom Brady, who has won more Super Bowls than any quarterback in NFL history, is on its way. Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson, the writers behind Disney’s The Finest Hours who were nominated for an Oscar for The Fighter, and New York Times bestselling author Casey Sherman are reteaming.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-book-movie-the-finest-hours-writing-creative-team-1201912990/

Mod Note: shortened this and added a link. Please do not copy and paste entire articles

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

It includes the battle to overcome Deflategate? The irony is they still haven't overcome it and never will, because Tom Brady didn't want to give up his cellphone.

Ugh I knew someone going start in on the deflategate crap lol.... the movie/book should be done AFTER HE RETIRES AND ABOUT HIS CAREER. 

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Ugh I knew someone going start in on the deflategate crap lol.... the movie/book should be done AFTER HE RETIRES AND ABOUT HIS CAREER. 

Yea, this storytelling about Brady's career should wait after he's done. For all we know, he might go Aaron Hernandez on someone and commit murder.

1 hour ago, dynasty13 said:

Or, you know, instead of killing someone he could just win a few more Superbowls...

I honestly think he is the GOAT, no joking aside. The 2 scandals which I really don't want to discuss nor do the MODS want to read about anymore are still in the back of my mind though. Having said that after this last SB win it's tough to argue against him not being the GOAT. I love Peyton and he is Top 5 without a doubt but Tom has won 5 SB's and 4 SB MVP's. I have no real debate for that other than Peyton being better statistically and winning 5 League MVP's. I am just glad Peyton won that 2nd Ring because that put him in Top 5 without question and he retired on top. Regarding Tom I think he will win another SB, I actually don't see why they wont Repeat with Peyton retired. Big Ben stinks it up vs them and KC chokes every season. Colts are in rebuild mode with the Defense and new GM. Raiders don't have the Defense and I have to see Carr play Great 2 years in a row before I can say, yeah he may be Very Good to Great. Andrew did it his first 3 years so I knew he was legit Good to Great.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think he is the GOAT, no joking aside. The 2 scandals which I really don't want to discuss nor do the MODS want to read about anymore are still in the back of my mind though. Having said that after this last SB win it's tough to argue against him not being the GOAT. I love Peyton and he is Top 5 without a doubt but Tom has won 5 SB's and 4 SB MVP's. I have no real debate for that other than Peyton being better statistically and winning 5 League MVP's. I am just glad Peyton won that 2nd Ring because that put him in Top 5 without question and he retired on top. Regarding Tom I think he will win another SB, I actually don't see why they wont Repeat with Peyton retired. Big Ben stinks it up vs them and KC chokes every season. Colts are in rebuild mode with the Defense and new GM. Raiders don't have the Defense and I have to see Carr play Great 2 years in a row before I can say, yeah he may be Very Good to Great. Andrew did it his first 3 years so I knew he was legit Good to Great.

There really is just nothing left to hold against him. Some think he's the greatest, some think he's not...and that doesn't even matter. The simple fact is that its getting harder and harder to make a legitimate argument against him. 

Think about this...he won three titles in his first four years. Then Spygate became a story, and regardless of what it actually did or didnt do or what people on either side believes, it provided those who were looking a reason to question. So what did he do to prove that videotaping wasn't the reason he won? He led his team to an 18-0 record before losing the Superbowl on a miracle play. So what next? He brought his team back to the Superbowl again a few years later, and narrowly lost in part due to another unbelievable catch. So great, that gave people more reason to say 'the Patriots haven't won since Spygate'. Then in 2014 he was on his way to another Superbowl, and boom, a story about deflated footballs becomes a national scandal and the ultimate trump card for those looking to delegitimize all he's accomplished. All he did in that game with what had to be the most carefully guarded and perfectly inflated footballs in history was carve up the league's best defense to win his 4th championship.

But fine...I guess people could still question if they felt the need to. The problem for them is that he won the Superbowl again 2 years later, for an unprecedented 5th time, free of anything that people could point to to undermine it. So in the end, if people want to cling to 'the gates' or it still occupies space in their head in order to justify to themselves how someone could possibly be this good or this successful, just realize that he's won before, during, AND after these 'scandals'. He's been to 7 Superbowls in the 15 years he has started and won 5 of them. There simply isnt anything left to hold against him.

49 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

There really is just nothing left to hold against him. Some think he's the greatest, some think he's not...and that doesn't even matter. The simple fact is that its getting harder and harder to make a legitimate argument against him. 

Think about this...he won three titles in his first four years. Then Spygate became a story, and regardless of what it actually did or didnt do or what people on either side believes, it provided those who were looking a reason to question. So what did he do to prove that videotaping wasn't the reason he won? He led his team to an 18-0 record before losing the Superbowl on a miracle play. So what next? He brought his team back to the Superbowl again a few years later, and narrowly lost in part due to another unbelievable catch. So great, that gave people more reason to say 'the Patriots haven't won since Spygate'. Then in 2014 he was on his way to another Superbowl, and boom, a story about deflated footballs becomes a national scandal and the ultimate trump card for those looking to delegitimize all he's accomplished. All he did in that game with what had to be the most carefully guarded and perfectly inflated footballs in history was carve up the league's best defense to win his 4th championship.

But fine...I guess people could still question if they felt the need to. The problem for them is that he won the Superbowl again 2 years later, for an unprecedented 5th time, free of anything that people could point to to undermine it. So in the end, if people want to cling to 'the gates' or it still occupies space in their head in order to justify to themselves how someone could possibly be this good or this successful, just realize that he's won before, during, AND after these 'scandals'. He's been to 7 Superbowls in the 15 years he has started and won 5 of them. There simply isnt anything left to hold against him.

Well you know by my Posts I hate the Pats so I just keep it real and speak my mind. You are really not going to get much of an argument from me regarding Tom being the GOAT. He isn't the most talented ever to play but is the Greatest winner. I would take him or Montana in any big game and to me Peyton is right there as far as overall greatness, Peyton is the type that can carry teams with suspect Coaching. I was joking about Bill Russell being the best though in Basketball is where I was sarcastic in my earlier Post. It was a different sport in the 60's. The Celtics only had to win 2 series in Playoff play to win 8 of his 11 Championships from 1956-1965. Jordan is the GOAT IMO in Basketball and Magic is right behind him, they had to win 4 series. Just my takes.

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's the GOAT, the media says so, so it is what it is and has to be true. He has 5 Rings, no other QB does. Boston fans should be proud, they have Tom Brady and Bill Russell the best ever's because the Rings say so haha 

Seen bIll Russell was a true great , Though I love Wilt Chamberlain More , he was a beast, one time wanted to fight ali, also has said he be a great WR , I could just see  toss up pass in the endzone and him towering above not even jumping to catch it - was all musscle

But yeah only 1 MJ, but 100 points in a game come on thats exerting ones will

Seen Bill Walton, but that was at various Dead concerts , v due admit the Pistons of the bad boys fame when they won had a suite behind me at 1 dead concert too , they were playing in same place Pistons played so why not

27 minutes ago, bayone said:

Seen bIll Russell was a true great , Though I love Wilt Chamberlain More , he was a beast, one time wanted to fight ali, also has said he be a great WR , I could just see  toss up pass in the endzone and him towering above not even jumping to catch it - was all musscle

But yeah only 1 MJ, but 100 points in a game come on thats exerting ones will

Seen Bill Walton, but that was at various Dead concerts , v due admit the Pistons of the bad boys fame when they won had a suite behind me at 1 dead concert too , they were playing in same place Pistons played so why not

I actually would take Kareem or Wilt over Russell. I do understand Russell won 11 Titles but like I stated earlier it was easier back in the 60's to win every year. There weren't that many teams and all the great players played for the Celtics so when you only have to win 2 series your odds are good of winning it. Lakers had 2 players that were great in West and Baylor but the Celtics had like 8 All-Stars during that decade. There is no way that Celtics team would've won 11 Titles during 80's, 90's or today. There is too much competition today and there was back in the 80's. I think Larry Bird's teams were better than Russell's actually but they only won 3 Titles because they had Magic to deal with.

Brady being the GOAT is a matter of opinion. Brady has had the benefit of a lot of things good and bad in his career. Two of Brady's rings were brought by the Goat FG kicker and one by a total giveaway by Seattle. He has played for the most fined team and owner in football history. He also has had the fortune of playing in an era of football where the QB has been protected like a piece of fine china. He has also played in an era where his defense was allowed to molest the receivers of the opposing teams. There is one quote in his career that still to this day gets under my skin. When ask has he ever cheated and couldn't even say no. By saying he didn't think so just opened the door to doubt IMO. I really cant say who the GOAT is because there is way too many factors that play into the answer. Super bowl rings are won by a team and without the supporting cast around the QB the QB would have no rings. There are old time QBs that have had even better careers than Brady but are overlooked because people tend to only remember who they recall seeing play.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brady being the GOAT is a matter of opinion. Brady has had the benefit of a lot of things good and bad in his career. Two of Brady's rings were brought by the Goat FG kicker and one by a total giveaway by Seattle. He has played for the most fined team and owner in football history. He also has had the fortune of playing in an era of football where the QB has been protected like a piece of fine china. He has also played in an era where his defense was allowed to molest the receivers of the opposing teams. There is one quote in his career that still to this day gets under my skin. When ask has he ever cheated and couldn't even say no. By saying he didn't think so just opened the door to doubt IMO. I really cant say who the GOAT is because there is way too many factors that play into the answer. Super bowl rings are won by a team and without the supporting cast around the QB the QB would have no rings. There are old time QBs that have had even better careers than Brady but are overlooked because people tend to only remember who they recall seeing play.

It's all opinion no doubt. Where I do give Tom credit is he has taken advantage of his situation most years. Really only Peyton and Eli have got the better of him in Championship Games/SB's. Ravens beat him once as well in a Championship Game but other than who I mentioned, Tom has pretty much beat everyone else in big games. Having Bill Belichick is a huge factor to his success but he has taken full advantage of it where other great QB's may not have. We will never know.

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Haven't seen you in a while, some in here were getting worried about you. Glad you are back.

8 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

There's plenty to hold against them, because they cheated, AND got busted doing it, more then once. Alot of people here, myself included, believe "once a cheater, always a cheater." It's really hard to look at them as a legitimate champion when they at times benefitted from cheating.  You always hear stories about things they're up to, you just never know if they're "skirting" the rules in some other fashion.....Im glad you're proud of your team, and if you and other pats fans are willing to overlook or forgive them for what they did, then that's your perogative.....And yes if the Colts did the same thing I would be ashamed.

Plus they have owned the Colts too many times, and that makes me angry.:wall:

I can't wait to see this!

I especially can't wait for the part where Brady texts the equipment manager to deflate the balls, and then when he finds out there is an investigation he unceremoniously smashes his phone to pieces.

Anything else and this movie will be pure fiction with a "based on a true story" disclaimer

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I can't wait to see this!

I especially can't wait for the part where Brady texts the equipment manager to deflate the balls, and then when he finds out there is an investigation he unceremoniously smashes his phone to pieces.

Anything else and this movie will be pure fiction with a "based on a true story" disclaimer

Sigh you do know if he had texted or called them it would be on their NFL phones right!? Since they were not your *ic statement is just that *ic.  Also look up this fancy thing called the cloud, now slap yourself as you realize that smashing your phone doesn't destroy the info on it. 

20 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Sigh you do know if he had texted or called them it would be on their NFL phones right!? Since they were not your *ic statement is just that *ic.  Also look up this fancy thing called the cloud, now slap yourself as you realize that smashing your phone doesn't destroy the info on it. 

Yeah that's not how the cloud works. You can pick and choose what you want stored on the cloud. Try again.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Yeah that's not how the cloud works. You can pick and choose what you want stored on the cloud. Try again.

image.jpeg

Yes because I am sure he would have picked that Peyton Manning Text be saved but not any others. Oh wait that's not how that works. EPIC FAIL.. amazing how people forget that text that leaked from the NFL, but harp on a broken phone... use logic, if they couldn't get his old texts, how did the NFL get that one to leak. Oops logic destroyed your argument again. 

41 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Yes because I am sure he would have picked that Peyton Manning Text be saved but not any others. Oh wait that's not how that works. EPIC FAIL.. amazing how people forget that text that leaked from the NFL, but harp on a broken phone... use logic, if they couldn't get his old texts, how did the NFL get that one to leak. Oops logic destroyed your argument again. 

Hmmm.... Let's see, delete texts that implicate me in a cheating scandal, or emails(yes emails not texts) talking about how old someone is.....wow tough decision! Fail#1

And if I remember correctly, those emails were Cherry picked and given to investigators by the pats lawyers. Fail #2

Oh yeah.....and let's go ahead and destroy the suspect phone, seems legit. Fail #3

Bye FAILicia!

I honestly miss the days when we had Peyton and the rivalry we had with the Pats. I used to have some unreal chats with Pats fans back in the day from 2006-2009 on ESPN, when it was a legit chat site. A bunch of Facebook goobers that don't know sports Post over there now. I used to love Colts/Pats week and talk smack in fun with other Pats fan leading up to our yearly matchup. That was fun stuff! I made friends with a lot of Pats fans back then believe it or not but their fans took us serious back then because we were Great.

12 hours ago, JimJaime said:

You need to get much more educated on electronics, specifically mobile devices if you are going to make such outlandish (and wrong) comments.

13 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Hmmm.... Let's see, delete texts that implicate me in a cheating scandal, or emails(yes emails not texts) talking about how old someone is.....wow tough decision! Fail#1

And if I remember correctly, those emails were Cherry picked and given to investigators by the pats lawyers. Fail #2

Oh yeah.....and let's go ahead and destroy the suspect phone, seems legit. Fail #3

Bye FAILicia!

Except ALL the NFL wanted were texts!  And you sir need look it up again as that was a TEXT! NOT AN EMAIL. Who sends a 2 line email? Wow your special or in denial of facts.. if you want continue PM me as the Mods have said more than once no more deflategate.. but I suggest that you actually do research before you PM.

somebody should make sure to keep the patriots forum updated with every bit of colts news, might as well post a peyton manning high light video there as well

its only fair, the patriot fans seem to think we need an update for everything that happens with their team

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

somebody should make sure to keep the patriots forum updated with every bit of colts news, might as well post a peyton manning high light video there as well

its only fair, the patriot fans seem to think we need an update for everything that happens with their team

Patriot fans think this? 90% of the Patriot threads on this board are started by Colts fans. And within those threads, about 90% of the posts are by Colts fans. And the second Patriots fans don't contribute we get some smart post from a Colts fan wondering where all the Patriots fans went! Please...we aren't the ones you have to 'thank' for constantly updating you on our team.

Before twitter became a thing, I always said that this forum is where I came for up to date Patriots news. You guys are very, very quick to post all things New England. In the 13+ years that I've been here, that hasn't changed.