Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vegas-Patriots Likely To Repeat In 2017

King Colt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way way to early for this! If Denver gets a QB to go with that D they have a very good chance of going and winning it again.

Oakland with a healthy Carr and an improved 2ndary has a chance.

Pitt is always dangerous and will have 2 great WR, a STUD RB, and a HOF QB as well as a young D that should improve.

Texans -- are in the same boat as Denver, I dare say their D is better right now and they have everything except a competent QB.

Titans - a improved D a decent O that's Young with a Franchise QB could make the next step.

I so want out Indy down but even though you have IMO Athe best Young QB in the NFL you have so many holes that Luck has to try and cover up and while he is very Good he is not P Manning or TB12 yet. (IMO your owner should have cleaned house.)

but i I think I have shown a few who could easily rise up and take the AFC from NE next year. Could the Pats repeat? ABSOLUTLY as long as we have Brady and BB they have that chance.

Someone that can play man coverage very well, can pressure without blitzing, and can run the ball to control clock well enough, and dink and dunk just like Brady does in the playoffs, if they stay healthy, is the Kansas City Chiefs, they pose the best threat outside the Broncos with a veteran QB for the Patriots. 

If the Broncos get Romo, that is 100% a team the Patriots do not want to face because they have the pass rush and secondary much like the Chiefs. The Chiefs issue was all those injuries to DLs and LBs led to their front wearing down that their run D suffered as the year went on. Once the Chiefs and Broncos run D is back, they will definitely challenge the Patriots.

Playoffs are all about match ups. I hope the Colts run into the Titans in the wild card round, the Bengals in the divisional round and hopefully host the Chiefs in the AFCCG. :) 

I could actually see this happening and then if it did happen I think Brady or Bill B and maybe both would seriously consider retirement.

The AFC right now looks like crap, not sure who else there is to get high on in the offseason. And spare me any Steelers talk, Mike Tomlin isn't getting by the Pats in a big game even if you gave him their playbook ahead of time.

Texans have the defense, but lack the offense.

The NFC is the going to be the interesting battle. GB only will get to the SB if they get homefield since everything will have to be perfect for that lousy defense and Rodgers to get back to the big one. Falcons will slide like the Panthers did last year. So the NFC South might even have a shot to be won by the Saints if their D improves under the new hirings they are making with coaching there. And the NFC South switches every year so it could legit be won by the Saints or Bucs next season. 

Cowboys should have it made to get to the SB with more experience under their belts now. But, easier said then done since Dallas often blows it or the refs blow it for them.

Seattle is fading but they can still win that crappy division.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I could actually see this happening and then if it did happen I think Brady or Bill B and maybe both would seriously consider retirement.

The AFC right now looks like crap, not sure who else there is to get high on in the offseason. And spare me any Steelers talk, Mike Tomlin isn't getting by the Pats in a big game even if you gave him their playbook ahead of time.

The NFC is the going to be the interesting battle. GB only will get to the SB if they get homefield since everything will have to be perfect for that lousy defense and Rodgers to get back to the big one. Falcons will slide like the Panthers did last year. So the NFC South might even have a shot to be won by the Saints if their D improves under the new hirings they are making with coaching there. And the NFC South switches every year so it could legit be won by the Saints or Bucs next season. 

Cowboys should have it made to get to the SB with more experience under their belts now. But, easier said then done since Dallas often blows it or the refs blow it for them.

If this year truly was a repeat of 2003 right down to the SB, then this could be a repeat of 2004...Pats win back to back. 

I don't see how anybody is going to stop them....Half of the world will think a Mike Tomlin coached Steelers team can do it, but we know how that ends. 

Denver isn't going to do it IMO. Sorry.

KC or Oakland will win it. KC though will have a lot of trouble since they seem stuck with Alex Smith. Oakland has the QB but they have no defense.

The AFC is in a sad state at times.

If anyone had a shot to stop the Pats it's the Ravens if they could get back any of the old magic they had but thats a long shot too.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Someone that can play man coverage very well, can pressure without blitzing, and can run the ball to control clock well enough, and dink and dunk just like Brady does in the playoffs, if they stay healthy, is the Kansas City Chiefs, they pose the best threat outside the Broncos with a veteran QB for the Patriots. 

I really wanted Chiefs vs Pats in the AFCCG. That would've been the game to look for in the AFC since K.C. did have a pretty good defense with turnovers. 

Just now, Synthetic said:

If this year truly was a repeat of 2003 right down to the SB, then this could be a repeat of 2004...Pats win back to back. 

I don't see how anybody is going to stop them....Half of the world will think a Mike Tomlin coached Steelers team can do it, but we know how that ends. 

In a way it was like 2003, Pats at 14-2 and NFC South team at 11-5, playing in Houston. And the following year the Pats played the SB vs. the Eagles.

So Pats and Cowboys?

1 minute ago, Synthetic said:

I really wanted Chiefs vs Pats in the AFCCG. That would've been the game to look for in the AFC since K.C. did have a pretty good defense with turnovers. 

I wanted Chiefs too but Alex Smith is ready to make me go ballistic. 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

In a way it was like 2003, Pats at 14-2 and NFC South team at 11-5, playing in Houston. And the following year the Pats played the SB vs. the Eagles.

So Pats and Cowboys?

And both NFC South teams were miracle run Cinderellas. The Panthers in 2003 were 11-5 with 13 games decided by 7 points or less. The Falcons were 7-5 and then got their final wins against 4 of the worst defenses in the league...then avoided the one team who would've really tested them in the playoffs (Dallas) and got a mediocre Seahawks team and a 31st ranked pass defense in GB. Only difference is, Carolina won some road games in 2003 to get the SB and were heavy underdogs the entire way. 

A Pats/Cowboys Super Bowl is what America deserves - the two most hated franchises of both conferences dueling for it in the big game. Can you imagine the ratings to this game? It would be a win-win either way. As hated as NE and Dallas are, they still have lots of fans. SB ticket prices dropped by 20% the minute Dallas was eliminated since all those rich Cowboys fans were thinking about going to Houston for it. 

Dallas should've been there instead of Atlanta....GB did everything to blow that game and then Jason Garrett decided to outdo them, and win Coach of the Year for taking Elliot to the sidelines on the final drive. 

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think it's way too difficult for any team to repeat as a champion in today's game.  Plus, Brady's gotta start showing signs of his age at some point....right.....?

This has been a topic that's come up several times over the years. 

In the beginning of 2014 after the Chiefs whooped them, Brady looked done...last year, he looked like he was 25 years old again. 

I think he's still got at least 3 years left in him. 

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think it's way too difficult for any team to repeat as a champion in today's game.  Plus, Brady's gotta start showing signs of his age at some point....right.....?

You would think so but I'm not willing to bet on it :)

But yeah always hard to repeat..the bounce of the ball has a say in it too :)

People keep mentioning Houston and Denver and keep saying they are a QB away, sure they are, but look at this years draft, weakest QB draft class in years. 

A defense without a decent offense is gonna run out of steam once mid season hits.

The Pats are in prime position to repeat because if they clinch the number one seat again, except the Ravens no one else beating them at home.

Whoa. The Pats just won their 5th diamond studded Tiffany, larger then life rock man. Like JimJamie said, way too soon to go there yet. I agree. I know; Money never sleeps. 

I can't do that. Watch the SB & immediately downshift into the next Lombardi Champions. It's the historian in me. Let the world digest & process what just transpired man. 

The Raiders if that Black Hole can communicate better on defense could be interesting. Derek Carr is moving up in QB circles. 

They still have a top dollar OL that could give NE some fits. 

19 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Pitt is always dangerous and will have 2 great WR, a STUD RB, and a HOF QB as well as a young D that should improve.

I always get a kick out of how Brady always steamrolls over Pittsburgh. LOL! Every yr the media says the Steelers are stacked on offense & every yr in the post season; Brady penetrates Tomlin's team or secondary like they're going up against kids in a pee wee league. 

I know; I know. I shouldn't laugh too hard since the killer bees always have INDY's number & demolish us like a birthday child's piñata toy. Touche. 

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

If the Broncos get Romo, that is 100% a team the Patriots do not want to face because they have the pass rush and secondary much like the Chiefs

Romo will never be 100% again. Oh look, Tony threw out his back on the 10th play on offense this time. Elway wouldn't take #9 under any circumstances--gunpoint, torture, or even free sitting on the curb like a old college couch Chad. Romo is done as a starter. Book it. 

By some miracle, if Chicago took a flyer on Romo, he'd be on an ambulance by halftime in say week 4. 

Why are so many people sold on Romo? His body is breaking down & talent is useless if you are usually on the PUP list man. 

Hey, I just realized Jimmy G. is a 2 time SB Champion now. Not a bad gig backing up Brady is it? 

He did play well this yr in Tom's absence though. I wonder if he appreciates how hard rings are to get though. I'm still surprised that BB is looking to move him. I just figured he'd be a nice successor to the legend in Boston not named Paul Revere. Just sayin'. 

I hope when BB retires somebody writes a tell all book about what he says & does during halftime regarding adjustments. I don't care about the Gate matters just how Bill gets the defense together & says look, this is what I'm seeing. This is how we beat or neutralize it. 

I wanna know what kind of teacher he is behind closed doors. Is he a yeller? Is he a huddle up & listen to what I'm telling ya dude? Did he light a fire under Hightower's caboose? Darn it Dont'a, get a lick on Ryan would ya so we can flip the script man & have a chance in this game? That kind of persuasion stuff always intrigues me. 

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Good post, agree with pretty much everything.

I think if they stay healthy they will Repeat. Why bet against it? They have Belichick and Brady. Gronk will be back as well. Same old story IMO, very bad for the league if you are a fan of the 31 other teams. I just cant see how anyone can like this stuff every year unless you are a Pats fan of course. It was just like watching the Bulls in the 90's it got old. Peyton was really our only hope at stopping them and he's retired, Eli doesn't have the Defense like he had years ago so the Giants are a non-factor regarding them.

I also think the Falcons are a 1 time dog and pony act. They had their chance and blew it. It wouldn't surprise me if they go 8-8 next season and miss the Playoffs. I felt the same way about the Panthers after they lost to Denver and I was right, they actually went 6-10 and their Defense is miles better than the Falcons. Teams like the Falcons and Indians in Baseball both had their chance and blew it bigtime/choked. Lose a 28-3 lead and blow a 3-1 series lead with HFA in the WS is just mindboggling. Being a Cubs fan I am happy about the latter though!

12 hours ago, Synthetic said:

This has been a topic that's come up several times over the years. 

In the beginning of 2014 after the Chiefs whooped them, Brady looked done...last year, he looked like he was 25 years old again. 

I think he's still got at least 3 years left in him. 

9 hours ago, -JJ- said:

You would think so but I'm not willing to bet on it :)

But yeah always hard to repeat..the bounce of the ball has a say in it too :)

I feel like we're going to see a Peyton Manning type of drop.  Peyton had a great 2014, then had a huge drop off in 2015.  I don't know when that will happen to Brady (or if it even will), but I think his age will suddenly catch up to him.  This game isn't meant for 40 year old bodies

17 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I feel like we're going to see a Peyton Manning type of drop.  Peyton had a great 2014, then had a huge drop off in 2015.  I don't know when that will happen to Brady (or if it even will), but I think his age will suddenly catch up to him.  This game isn't meant for 40 year old bodies

It's not.... but Brady has that caveat how he eats and how he keeps his body in shape so if there is an exception he might be it.

Now 40 year olds can sometimes do a decent job as backups :) 

13 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Psst he is an ancient Myan athlete that the gods have granted immortality too.. he shall never decline ... lol (ok watching to much Supernatural now lol)

13 hours ago, Jules said:

Denver isn't going to do it IMO. Sorry.

KC or Oakland will win it. KC though will have a lot of trouble since they seem stuck with Alex Smith. Oakland has the QB but they have no defense.

The AFC is in a sad state at times.

If anyone had a shot to stop the Pats it's the Ravens if they could get back any of the old magic they had but thats a long shot too.

The Raiders have the OL to control clock and with a few defensive additions, they are more likely to challenge the Patriots in the long term but the short term, the Chiefs i.e. only if they play the Patriots in the AFCCG at home.

14 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

It's not.... but Brady has that caveat how he eats and how he keeps his body in shape so if there is an exception he might be it.

Now 40 year olds can sometimes do a decent job as backups :) 

I agree with this.

Favre was still gunning it well at the age of 40 for a QB his age, so arm strength does not need to be an issue at 40. If the Patriots manage Brady's throws during the regular season, Brady will be alright as long as Brady relies on Alex Guerrero more instead of Big Pharma. :) (had to throw in my shot at Big Pharma).

Peyton's drop off had to do with his nerve condition being on and off. First half of 2012, it took him a while to get warmed up, then we enjoyed the second half of 2012, entire year of 2013 and a half of 2014 of great QB play. So, just like he was uncertain, 2 years of elite QB play, and 2 years of average QB play was what we got. Unless Brady suffers a major injury or has a major surgery requiring prolonged recovery, I do not see an issue whatsoever with Brady going till 41 or 42 at a high level before suffering a drop off.

Brady's 6th round status might make him get a SB for every round he was passed up. Once the Brady 6 happens, that is when he will choose to hang it up, IMO. 

I don't think they will repeat, I know the AFC looks hopeless, but I see someone knocking them out.  Maybe the Steelers get it done, the Cardinals come back after an off season, Oakland with Carr is a completely different team.  I don't see teams like KC, Denver or Houston doing it, despite their great defenses, because none of them have the key ingredient, a QB. 

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree with this.

Favre was still gunning it well at the age of 40 for a QB his age, so arm strength does not need to be an issue at 40. If the Patriots manage Brady's throws during the regular season, Brady will be alright as long as Brady relies on Alex Guerrero more instead of Big Pharma. :) (had to throw in my shot at Big Pharma).

Peyton's drop off had to do with his nerve condition being on and off. First half of 2012, it took him a while to get warmed up, then we enjoyed the second half of 2012, entire year of 2013 and a half of 2014 of great QB play. So, just like he was uncertain, 2 years of elite QB play, and 2 years of average QB play was what we got. Unless Brady suffers a major injury or has a major surgery requiring prolonged recovery, I do not see an issue whatsoever with Brady going till 41 or 42 at a high level before suffering a drop off.

Brady's 6th round status might make him get a SB for every round he was passed up. Once the Brady 6 happens, that is when he will choose to hang it up, IMO. 

Ha- never thought of that but they were chanting 6 at the parade :) 

11 minutes ago, Corndog said:

I don't think they will repeat, I know the AFC looks hopeless, but I see someone knocking them out.  Maybe the Steelers get it done, the Cardinals come back after an off season, Oakland with Carr is a completely different team.  I don't see teams like KC, Denver or Houston doing it, despite their great defenses, because none of them have the key ingredient, a QB. 

I like Oakland in the AFC. Of course Dallas potentially looms in the NFC. Who knows? But it will be very tough for the Pats to repeat.

1 minute ago, Buddy Lee said:

I like Oakland in the AFC. Of course Dallas potentially looms in the NFC. Who knows? But it will be very tough for the Pats to repeat.

They had all of the motivation in the world for this past season, now that is gone.  I still think they will be a top contender, but I see someone knocking them off in the playoffs.  I actually predicted Green Bay for the NFC this year.  

3 hours ago, -JJ- said:

lol I'm sure they're are plenty of athletes who eat well. T.O. is in great shape still.. but the NFL is past him.

Brett Favre was torn up in the Vikings uniform that ended him. Peyton Manning got torn apart in 2014 by the Rams I believe.. was never the same afterword's. Steve Young, Aikman, Bledsoe, Marino, shall we keep going. The Patriots have the best system to keep Tom from getting hit he'll play for ever. Andrew Luck has probably been hit more than Tom Brady has his whole career.

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol I'm sure they're are plenty of athletes who eat well. T.O. is in great shape still.. but the NFL is past him.

Brett Favre was torn up in the Vikings uniform that ended him. Peyton Manning got torn apart in 2014 by the Rams I believe.. was never the same afterword's. Steve Young, Aikman, Bledsoe, Marino, shall we keep going. The Patriots have the best system to keep Tom from getting hit he'll play for ever. Andrew Luck has probably been hit more than Tom Brady has his whole career.

Oh he has a special tailored diet...forget all the particulars but it supposedly keeps the body young.

Now Brett like beer and hotdogs or something like that.