Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Patricia wears Goodell clown shirt

ReMeDy

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

PED use is totally different. Many a Patriot been suspended over that and no one complained up here. What the person meant was a charge of the team doing something underhanded.  let's say pumping in noise. But let's  me ask a better question if your caught violating the SAME rule as a team NUMEROUS times should the penalty get harsher? (This has nothing to do w the colts.)

True

I guess we are disqualified from talking about whether or not we'd wear a clown shirt and so I should probably close this thread

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

True

I guess we are disqualified from talking about whether or not we'd wear a clown shirt and so I should probably close this thread

No I was talking about the question I asked. I was not trying imply the colts were caught doing the same thing over and over lol. I was talking about the Jets who have been caught 4 different times tampering with a player before they were a free agents.. but yet they still only ever get a small fine. Why? Because the NFL Front office filled with former Jets executives

21 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

This.   This guy is part of the staff.   Part of the authority of the team, he's supposed to enforce obedience....   In my opinion, all he did was make himself look like a Clown.   

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

This.   This guy is part of the staff.   Part of the authority of the team, he's supposed to enforce obedience....   In my opinion, all he did was make himself look like a Clown.   

Exactly. Vikings fans greatly dislike Goodell too, but I don't think you would ever see a member of the front office or coaching staff pulling something like that. It is disrespectful and childish. 

20 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

PED use is totally different. Many a Patriot been suspended over that and no one complained up here. What the person meant was a charge of the team doing something underhanded.  let's say pumping in noise. But let's  me ask a better question if your caught violating the SAME rule as a team NUMEROUS times should the penalty get harsher? (This has nothing to do w the colts.)

You mean like how the Falcons pumped crowd noise and paid the fine without complaining?  Or how Ray Farmer texted his coaches during a game and paid the fine without complaining?

When I think about it, the perpetrator generally does get a heavier fine if the same infraction is committed multiple times.  You have players who get fined more for the same violation, like dirty hits (James Harrison, Brandon Meriweather) or they get suspended for increasing numbers of games after multiple failed PEDs tests

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

You mean like how the Falcons pumped crowd noise and paid the fine without complaining?  Or how Ray Farmer texted his coaches during a game and paid the fine without complaining?

When I think about it, the perpetrator generally does get a heavier fine if the same infraction is committed multiple times.  You have players who get fined more for the same violation, like dirty hits (James Harrison, Brandon Meriweather) or they get suspended for increasing numbers of games after multiple failed PEDs tests

Do you think any Pats fan would have complained had it only been a matter of Kraft paying a fine? Conversely, might Falcons fans have complained had the Falcons lost 1st and 4th round picks and Ryan had to sit for 4 games?

29 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Then explain to me why the Jets seem to skate by every time they are caught tampering with players? (I call that the former execs being in charge at NFL HQ)

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

And two weeks before there were clock "issues" against Pitt.

NE has 4 areas of the team.  Offence, defense, special teams, and cheating.

"coincidences always seem to happen with the Pats.

i was not aware of the playbook, but that would explain the 2nd half turnaround more than any other legitimate reason.

Its always something.

I think I now know what Dungy was talking about when he said he won the SB the right way.  That means some teams aren't...wonder who.

Patricia...Great coach... Bonehead move, likely still drunk to do this, but no excuse, really needs to give his head a shake. What a dumba@$.

This kind of crap comes from the top, and I don't mean BB, but from the bitter whining of RK. Just frigging move on. 

Trying to defend this stuff just makes one look so bad. Just stop.

3 minutes ago, grm said:

Patricia...Great coach... Bonehead move, likely still drunk to do this, but no excuse, really needs to give his head a shake. What a dumba@$.

This kind of crap comes from the top, and I don't mean BB, but from the bitter whining of RK. Just frigging move on. 

Trying to defend this stuff just makes one look so bad. Just stop.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone in that organization is truly great except Bill. .  BB lives there, sleeps there, controls draft, offense, defense, game plans, fashion designer, press conferences, lip syncs cursing at Super Bowl....it's just the aWizard of Oz and he is behind the curtains.  

Thats how that team bonds too, they take things like the deflate junk and use it to fuel an "us vs. them" mentality that quite honestly works for them. The Pats have loved to play the disrespect card going back to the early 2000's. And yes it works FOR THEM.

I really don't have a problem with it. And for the record I think the cheating stuff is talked about still way too much since they have just won two recent SBs as well which makes it all pretty moot at this point. 

You don't win as much as the Patriots do without serious brains and talent......in a way I do admire how they run things since from top to bottom and how accountability is held for every little thing. 

If I could go back in time I would not even have the deflate thing reported by the Colts, since we did help them believe it or not by fueling the kind of stuff they get off to.

11 hours ago, Gramz said:

Wow that will certainly help mend things.   /sarcasm

Uh huh. It's somewhat insincere on the part of Patricia to claim or at least the organization to claim that an injustice has been perpetrated against their QB, franchise, & owner & then wear a t-shirt like that mocking the Commissioner.

So, which is it Coach Patricia, DeFlate Gate was a overzealous criminal act that cannot be tolerated at any cost or let's make a killing selling these Goodell clown shirts in the Gillette Stadium gift shop? 

Profit & injustice rarely co-exist at the same time except for merchandize sales during the OJ Simpson Trial maybe. 

48 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I think I now know what Dungy was talking about when he said he won the SB the right way.  That means some teams aren't...wonder who.

I'm really starting to think this is playing a big role in the drop in nfl ratings.  And you know its worse than the nfl is letting us know.  I'd like to see numbers on apparel sales, etc too. 

You know how we all felt when we lost to Houston and realized our season  was over. This is how alot of fans think (at least subconsciously) that, in the end, the Pats will find a way to cheat and win it all most likely.  All fans, not just colt fans. Whether true or not, is discouages us and makes sundays less exciting.  

It seems EVERY game in NE has an issue.  Headsets don't work, playbook goes Missing from locker room, game clock issues, etc, etc, etc.  i know my attitude will change (i hope), but right now i could care less about football or next season.  Because i have convinced myself that the Pats will find some new way to cheat. What a great feeling, i know.

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. It's somewhat insincere on the part of Patricia to claim or at least the organization to claim that an injustice has been perpetrated against their QB, franchise, & owner & then wear a t-shirt like that mocking the Commissioner.

So, which is it Coach Patricia, DeFlate Gate was a overzealous criminal act that cannot be tolerated at any cost or let's make a killing selling these Goodell clown shirts in the Gillette Stadium gift shop? 

Profit & injustice rarely co-exist at the same time except for merchandize sales during the OJ Simpson Trial maybe. 

You can always tell an innocent from a guilty person. An injocent remans calm.  A guilty person gets defensive, irate, combative and tries to twist the facts.

sound a little familiar? 

2 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

Do you think any Pats fan would have complained had it only been a matter of Kraft paying a fine? Conversely, might Falcons fans have complained had the Falcons lost 1st and 4th round picks and Ryan had to sit for 4 games?

Had Brady co-operated, it would possibly have been just a fine.  It's his own fault for acting like a child.  You broke the rules, so deal with the punishment.  Fighting it only made it worse.  Maybe if Brady weren't such a baby, he could have gotten away with just a fine and this wouldn't have been such a big deal.

22 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I have to admit.  When Kyle Shanahan lost his playbook, I immediately thought Patriots.  

Everybody did LD. The only difference was how long some fans mulled that conspiracy over & how others just smirked & went about their daily lives. I was the latter not the former BTW. 

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Had Brady co-operated, it would possibly have been just a fine.  It's his own fault for acting like a child.  You broke the rules, so deal with the punishment.  Fighting it only made it worse.  Maybe if Brady weren't such a baby, he could have gotten away with just a fine and this wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Yep, if you take responsibility for something & just own it. The scandal would have evaporated in a week tops. DeFlate what? LOL! 

Take the blue pill man. Problem solved. Yeah, I know I'm gonna burn in hades. haha

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Miss Patricia isn't smart enuff to realize "she" is the one looking like the clown.  If they were innocent, they wouldnt care.

they are mad because they think they were busted on insufficient evidence, not because they think they are innocent.

one of us should wear a clown shirt of our boss to work.  What do you think would happen.  

And its no coincidence ratings were down for this super bowl.

Who cares about "class"? It's about winning. 

Goodell got punked even after going over their heads to reinstate a meaningless suspension for what turned out to be a witch hunt. The Pats winning it was just the icing on the cake in the commissioner's face. 

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Suoerman I think you need read deeper than the headlines.. Brady never whined or cried to ANYONE about this he did just what every other player would have done. Also mind you if he had a truly impartial Arbitrator instead of Goodell he WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OFF WITH AT WORSE A FINE. But since the man who gave the punishment also saw the Appeal like going to court in North Korea.. ya the outcome was already determined.. I mean Goodel so damn bad at his job he couldn't help by LIE in his Appeal findings.  (That's not my opinion but actual fact if you read the transcripts you see he blatantly lied.) but hey he lied, the NFL didn't know about the Ideal gas law, they allowed false info stay out there for months and NEVER corrected it.. but yes BRADY was the baby in this case! Come on supes your better than that! And how did. This thread get so off course. What Patricia did was stupid but god I though deflategate was a no no now here.

Just now, JimJaime said:

Suoerman I think you need read deeper than the headlines.. Brady never whined or cried to ANYONE about this he did just what every other player would have done. Also mind you if he had a truly impartial Arbitrator instead of Goodell he WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OFF WITH AT WORSE A FINE. But since the man who gave the punishment also saw the Appeal like going to court in North Korea.. ya the outcome was already determined.. I mean Goodel so damn bad at his job he couldn't help by LIE in his Appeal findings.  (That's not my opinion but actual fact if you read the transcripts you see he blatantly lied.) but hey he lied, the NFL didn't know about the Ideal gas law, they allowed false info stay out there for months and NEVER corrected it.. but yes BRADY was the baby in this case! Come on supes your better than that! And how did. This thread get so off course. What Patricia did was stupid but god I though deflategate was a no no now here.

Better for me not to respond.  This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on these forums.  I probably won't convince you and you won't convince me, so no worries.

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Miss Patricia isn't smart enuff to realize "she" is the one looking like the clown.  If they were innocent, they wouldnt care.

they are mad because they think they were busted on insufficient evidence, not because they think they are innocent.

one of us should wear a clown shirt of our boss to work.  What do you think would happen.  

And its no coincidence ratings were down for this super bowl.

My thing is this: You diminish your case Patricia of injustice by wearing the clown t-shirt. Look, he has a right to wear whatever he wants in public. I get that. Just don't try to convey the impression that conduct was so egregious on behalf of Roger & then come out with that on. It makes a professional DC look small & petty. JMO. 

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Better for me not to respond.  This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on these forums.  I probably won't convince you and you won't convince me, so no worries.

Lol agreed. I think I even said that in my first post but damn it I got dragged down the dang rabbit hole again! Lol (sorry most things about this I have let go, the Brady part not so much lol)

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

My thing is this: You diminish your case Patricia of injustice by wearing the clown t-shirt. Look, he has a right to wear whatever he wants in public. I get that. Just don't try to convey the impression that conduct was so egregious on behalf of Roger & then come out with that on. It makes a professional DC look small & petty. JMO. 

He wasn't wearing that for anyone else but Pats fans who if ya can't tell still have a hate on for Goodell.  I think Bob Kraft does as well since he was so intent on fighting the league to the end then did an abrupt about face. I think Roger promised go easier on Brady and then reneged on it.. Billionaires like Kraft are not use to being double crossed. Lol 

but again Patricia was pandering to HIS teams fans and he wasn't thinking about the rest of the NFL or even Goodell.. 

36 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Who cares about "class"? It's about winning. 

Goodell got punked even after going over their heads to reinstate a meaningless suspension for what turned out to be a witch hunt. The Pats winning it was just the icing on the cake in the commissioner's face. 

There's that word again...Witch hunt. Was Brady asked to float on water? How bout burned at the stake for hearing voices in his head? No, eh. 

Ah yes, the proclamation/inference that Atlanta got off easy for pumping in crowd noise. No, special treatment here because Arthur Blank acknowledged the infraction, paid the fine, & suspended staff members responsible for it. 

Roger makes a ridiculous salary. Hades, I'll stand there & get booed in Houston, TX if it means I get a salary of $44,000,000 per yr. Trust me, Roger could care less about NE's animosity toward him. You won again. Bask in the deja vu championship glow my man. 

52 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is pure conjecture on your part...if the league office was ever truly open to the punishment being 'soft' here (i.e. a fine), then why wouldn't they have simply announced a fine the next day? They measured the balls at halftime and they were under the legal limit. Isn't that all they needed to know in order to levy a punishment, especially if that punishment was going to be as inconsequential as a fine. They instead opted to shell out $5M to bring in a 'special prosecutor' to launch a 4 month investigation on this. The fact that that's how they handled it tells me that they were hunting for "big game" here from the beginning, and they were going to get their pound of flesh for the effort. 

On February 6, 2017 at 7:48 PM, NFLfan said:

DeflateGate tarnished Brady's career. For many, like me, he will always be a cheater, regardless of how many rings he gets by the end of his career. I think the Patriots organization will always hold that against Goodell.

Well then they shouldn't have cheated.  I agree with you.

I despise Goodall for burning the spy gate tapes.... 

Keep in mind there is buzz about a.........shirt. A SHIRT. I mean it's getting to the point I almost think the Pats troll people for fun now and it works.

You could have a shirt, a pair of shoes or something and they KNOW people will go nuts on it and class and integrity and WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN type of stuff.

But, in the end the Pats really don't care. They don't. All they care about is winning big games and it's kinda embarrassing since they do win the big games and the rest of us sit around talking about a shirt one of their coaches wears.

You might be embarrassed but we aren't.  We are talking about principles, not jealousy.  The fact that they win and everybody forgets about what Crimes they commit.  That's the bad part.  Bad lesson to teach your kids.  Johnny, I should punish you for cheating on your history test, but since you are pitching in the championship game tomorrow, we will let that slide.  If you win, I will buy you a puppy.  

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

Keep in mind there is buzz about a.........shirt. A SHIRT. I mean it's getting to the point I almost think the Pats troll people for fun now and it works.

You could have a shirt, a pair of shoes or something and they KNOW people will go nuts on it and class and integrity and WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN type of stuff.

But, in the end the Pats really don't care. They don't. All they care about is winning big games and it's kinda embarrassing since they do win the big games and the rest of us sit around talking about a shirt one of their coaches wears.

It isn't embarrassing.  To some,  sports figures are role models. You know all of the sportsmanship stuff they teach little kids when they start to play sports. 

These guys get paid millions of dollars, show some class...towards your own boss.  They are like high school kids who hates the principal, because the Principal gave them detention for breaking the rules.

To win at all cost, even cheating- no thank you. How does one enjoy the trophy knowing you cheated, videotaping or even as silly as deflating the ball.....Honestly I used to be so upset at Manning for being such a "company guy" - like when he did't whine when they rested them..and even told the fans to chill, when you can tell he was also disappointed.  

I have nothing personally against Brady, don't know him, he probably is a really good guy, but at the end of the day, their organization is the thorn in my team's * and I WILL never root for them or be at aww of them. 

10 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

You might be embarrassed but we aren't.  We are talking about principles, not jealousy.  The fact that they win and everybody forgets about what Crimes they commit.  That's the bad part.  Bad lesson to teach your kids.  Johnny, I should punish you for cheating on your history test, but since you are pitching in the championship game tomorrow, we will let that slide.  If you win, I will buy you a puppy.  

Exactly what happened in Penn State and other universities sadly

1 hour ago, Jules said:

In the interest of fairness & full disclosure, when DeFlate Gate first broke a number of NE regulars on the forum did contribute to a long thread with several pages about this topic. So, on the contrary, I would submit that many Patriots fans do care about defending Brady's honor & yes, I will admit DeFlate Gate as a scandal & circling their organizations wagon approach to the highest degree loyalty wise did fascinate me & it still does. The ability to win & still produce at a high level yr after yr. It is remarkable actually. 

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

There's that word again...Witch hunt. Was Brady asked to float on water? How bout burned at the stake for hearing voices in his head? No, eh. 

Ah yes, the proclamation/inference that Atlanta got off easy for pumping in crowd noise. No, special treatment here because Arthur Blank acknowledged the infraction, paid the fine, & suspended staff members responsible for it. 

Roger makes a ridiculous salary. Hades, I'll stand there & get booed in Houston, TX if it means I get a salary of $44,000,000 per yr. Trust me, Roger could care less about NE's animosity toward him. You won again. Bask in the deja vu championship glow my man. 

He was suspended 4 games for something that turned out to be bogus. Look what Goodell did to the Saints - several players suspended, we lost our coach for an entire season and GM for half the season.

Goodell is pretty good at witch hunts in sports. What he did to the Pats and Saints was ridiculous, but hey, it's created an immortal little brotherly bond between the two of us. They got to humiliate Goodell and defeat our arch-rival in the absolute most heart-crushing way possible, hats off to them. We owe them one after that. 

I don't think pumping in crowd noise is something to compare that to. Unless they had players and/or coaches suspended and lost draft picks. Vikings and Colts are guilty for it too, Saints have been accused of crowd noise for years.

6 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

He was suspended 4 games for something that turned out to be bogus.

Let me ask you a question: If Brady had said I like my footballs on the lower end of the PSI scale & I was unaware that I had violated any NFL rule, I will gladly pay the fine, take the hit, & be done with it. This situation will never happen again. I can promise you that. 

That approach generates goodwill, sympathy, & forgiveness across the league does it not? This is how you remove venom from a snake bit & preserve one's integrity. The rebellious defiance created this self inflicted snafu everybody & their momma across the globe knows this. 

Do you think threatening to take this case all the way to the Supreme Court was a wise move? Just curious. Was Brady on Death Row & the Governor suspended his execution prior to Midnight? Just joking, but you get my point. 

22 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

He was suspended 4 games for something that turned out to be bogus. Look what Goodell did to the Saints - several players suspended, we lost our coach for an entire season and GM for half the season.

Goodell is pretty good at witch hunts in sports. What he did to the Pats and Saints was ridiculous, but hey, it's created an immortal little brotherly bond between the two of us. They got to humiliate Goodell and defeat our arch-rival in the absolute most heart-crushing way possible, hats off to them. We owe them one after that. 

I don't think pumping in crowd noise is something to compare that to. Unless they had players and/or coaches suspended and lost draft picks. Vikings and Colts are guilty for it too, Saints have been accused of crowd noise for years.

Har har har Saints suck, 7-9, bounty, har har har. Pats cheat Pats cheat.  

You are full of utter nonsense.

Sorry I had to. lmao 

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

In the interest of fairness & full disclosure, when DeFlate Gate first broke a number of NE regulars on the forum did contribute to a long thread with several pages about this topic. So, on the contrary, I would submit that many Patriots fans do care about defending Brady's honor & yes, I will admit DeFlate Gate as a scandal & circling their organizations wagon approach to the highest degree loyalty wise did fascinate me & it still does. The ability to win & still produce at a high level yr after yr. It is remarkable actually. 

I always thought deflategate was just to conveniently timed. What I mean is everyone just starting to finally shut up about Spygate and the Pats are not as hated. So here comes deflategate and it couldn't have worked better for the NFL, other teams fans Hate the Pats again (and they are now the top heel) while it galvanized Pats fans against the league office (if ya watched wrestling in the 90's sorta like Stone cold v McMahon thing). So EVERY game the Pats played improved ratings because of course Pats fans watched but other teams fans did to in order root against them.

actually brilliant if the NFL actually thought it up. Lol