Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Patricia wears Goodell clown shirt

ReMeDy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a deep-rooted hatred for Goodell, and it starts at the top with their owner.  I'm no Goodell fan, but I can't help but wonder why they hate him so much.  Brady broke the rules.  Why is that Goodell's fault?  I get that Goodell didn't handle it very well, but if Brady and the Pats don't break the rules and cheat, they have nothing to worry about.

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

They have a deep-rooted hatred for Goodell, and it starts at the top with their owner.  I'm no Goodell fan, but I can't help but wonder why they hate him so much.  Brady broke the rules.  Why is that Goodell's fault?  I get that Goodell didn't handle it very well, but if Brady and the Pats don't break the rules and cheat, they have nothing to worry about.

DeflateGate tarnished Brady's career. For many, like me, he will always be a cheater, regardless of how many rings he gets by the end of his career. I think the Patriots organization will always hold that against Goodell.

Just now, NFLfan said:

DeflateGate tarnished Brady's career. For many, he will always be a cheater, regardless of how many rings he gets by the end of his career. I think the Patriots organization will always hold that against Goodell.

The way Goodell handled it made me lose some respect for him.  I'm no Goodell fan and I think he handled that whole situation poorly, but if Brady doesn't cheat, there's no problem.  This is like a Seahawks fan being mad at the league for doing PED testing.  Don't cheat and you won't have problems.

Not only that, but if you do cheat and you get caught, don't act like a child about it.  No other team in the league has as significant a recent cheating history as the Patriots, and no single franchise complains about things more than the Patriots.  It's the spoiled child who yells and screams because they got caught stealing a cookie.

And two weeks before there were clock "issues" against Pitt.

NE has 4 areas of the team.  Offence, defense, special teams, and cheating.

"coincidences always seem to happen with the Pats.

i was not aware of the playbook, but that would explain the 2nd half turnaround more than any other legitimate reason.

Its always something.

11 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

They have a deep-rooted hatred for Goodell, and it starts at the top with their owner.  I'm no Goodell fan, but I can't help but wonder why they hate him so much.  Brady broke the rules.

Obviously, they disagree with the claim that Brady broke the rules. They believe, like most New England fans, that Brady and the Pats were railroaded due to 31 other teams hating their success and thinking they "got off easy" for an infraction from 7 years earlier ("getting off easy" apparently being defined as the loss of a first round pick and a million dollar fine, which at the time was the stiffest penalty ever handed down).

The way Goodell handled it made me lose some respect for him.  I'm no Goodell fan and I think he handled that whole situation poorly, but if Brady doesn't cheat, there's no problem.  This is like a Seahawks fan being mad at the league for doing PED testing.  Don't cheat and you won't have problems.

Not only that, but if you do cheat and you get caught, don't act like a child about it.  No other team in the league has as significant a recent cheating history as the Patriots, and no single franchise complains about things more than the Patriots.  It's the spoiled child who yells and screams because they got caught stealing a cookie.

What could Goodell have done differently? 

Like Keegan-Michael Key said on Saturday at the NFL honors... "HE HAS FEELINGS TOO!" hahah not sure why all the hate is there? It's like all the criminals hating cops. Doesn't make you look any better clowning someone in authority over you.

But to each his own. Next season Brady will be mad again. And the whole league can pay.. same ole crap

The patriots consider themselves the untouchables. 

9 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yes I see that.  I was referring to you being sarcastic about it ending up in BB''s briefcase.   Relax.

I didn't mean to appear un-relaxed. I'm actually pretty exceptionally relaxed right now. It's a relatively slow day at work...Trump hasn't tweeted recently...all good here!

16 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's the point of the hatred. Most in NE (and Bob Kraft) believe Brady was Innocent. This the hatred.  I do not want get into it but that's the reason, wether you agree with how we feel or not it's the truth.

17 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The main reason they hate him, assuming Brady was guilty which I would say he is...that is a $25,000 equipment violation fine. No more.   The suspension was because he wouldn't turn over his phone or whatever else he was thinking.

1 minute ago, -JJ- said:

The main reason they hate him, assuming Brady was guilty which I would say he is...that is a $25,000 equipment violation fine. No more.   The suspension was because he wouldn't turn over his phone or whatever else he was thinking.

Just so this doesn't turn into a deflategate argument. (Ugh those are 2 years old now) let's just say Pats fans feel brady was railroaded and Goodell was the conductor of the train.

5 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What could Goodell have done differently? 

I don't recall all of the details, but the one thing that sticks out the most for me is the reports that Goodell wanted to punish Brady harder to make up for what some thought was a weak punishment for SpyGate.

12 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

That's the point of the hatred. Most in NE (and Bob Kraft) believe Brady was Innocent. This the hatred.  I do not want get into it but that's the reason, wether you agree with how we feel or not it's the truth.

Not to bring up a dead topic, but with how shady Brady acted (refusing to hand over his phone, destroying his phone, then the incriminating text messages), you still think he's innocent?

8 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Not cooperating with investigators has its punishments.  If Brady was truly innocent, he could have handed over his phone with nothing to worry about.  Even if he did cheat, he could easily have afforded the fine you mentioned.  The punishment fits the crime, in my opinion, and the crime isn't just deflating balls, it's the cover up that followed

15 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't recall all of the details, but the one thing that sticks out the most for me is the reports that Goodell wanted to punish Brady harder to make up for what some thought was a weak punishment for SpyGate.

Not to bring up a dead topic, but with how shady Brady acted (refusing to hand over his phone, destroying his phone, then the incriminating text messages), you still think he's innocent?

Don't want go down this bunny hole so I will say this. They got the texts from Brady's phone. My proof is the leaked one that said Manning only had like 2 years left.  So basically they got all the information they wanted.

the text messages actually absolve Brady than incriminate him. The two employees state that after the Jets game where he got a ball at 16 PSI THAT HE LAYED INTO THEM. It is not far fetched to believe they thought he would have them fired if they failed to make sure the balls were at the proper PSI. This taking it on themselves to make sure it never happened again.  (That's just as plausible as Brady ordering it if not more so.)

i do think he is innocent, I also believe the NFL had no right to his private phone and shouldn't be able punish him for not giving them HIS phone.  Heck When Farve said no they fined him 25k for not cooperating. So explain to me why Brady gets a 4 game suspension even though they got said texts they wanted? 

Please superman let's not argue this we aren't gonna change each others opinion. You asked why we hated Goodell and I was honest :)

I don't think I've ever heard any proof that Brady did cheat.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Roger Goodell.  He''s way too politically correct and I think he's hurt the league with that.

But If I was the pats, I wouldn't wear that clown shirt.  You're champs, and you should just celebrate that.

24 minutes ago, Blue Swagger said:

I don't think I've ever heard any proof that Brady did cheat.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Roger Goodell.  He''s way too politically correct and I think he's hurt the league with that.

But If I was the pats, I wouldn't wear that clown shirt.  You're champs, and you should just celebrate that.

Neither would I , I wasn't defending Patricia justvstating why Goodell hates is all.

6 hours ago, Gramz said:

I think it's a pretty sad state, when instead of celebrating, some are more focused on sticking the knife in and turning it.   

Sore Winning

I'm just glad that I cannot possibly imagine anyone on our coaching staff wearing a shirt like that. unprofessional to put it mildly

It's juvenile

54 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Don't want go down this bunny hole so I will say this. They got the texts from Brady's phone. My proof is the leaked one that said Manning only had like 2 years left.  So basically they got all the information they wanted.

the text messages actually absolve Brady than incriminate him. The two employees state that after the Jets game where he got a ball at 16 PSI THAT HE LAYED INTO THEM. It is not far fetched to believe they thought he would have them fired if they failed to make sure the balls were at the proper PSI. This taking it on themselves to make sure it never happened again.  (That's just as plausible as Brady ordering it if not more so.)

i do think he is innocent, I also believe the NFL had no right to his private phone and shouldn't be able punish him for not giving them HIS phone.  Heck When Farve said no they fined him 25k for not cooperating. So explain to me why Brady gets a 4 game suspension even though they got said texts they wanted? 

Please superman let's not argue this we aren't gonna change each others opinion. You asked why we hated Goodell and I was honest :)

Yeah, I appreciate the response.  Like you, I don't want to get too into the details and bring the whole discussion up again.  Agree to disagree

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

As far as I know, that wasn't anything that was confirmed, just speculation by the media.  Whether it was fair or true, I don't know that it's even relevant.  The fact of the matter is, this deserved a harsh penalty because the investigation found that there was a good reason to think the Patriots attempted to avoid detection.

I don't think this was as poorly handled as the Bountygate or Ray Rice, and maybe they could have strategically done some things better.  But all in all, I thought it was a decent job on the NFL's part, regardless of what anyone thinks on the merits of the claim or the severity of the imposed sanctions.  They received a tip something was being done illegally, they investigated, gave sanctions based on that investigation and the powers given in the CBA, and stuck to the facts of the investigation.  I don't think anything was really improperly done by the NFL if you ask me.

28 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

As far as I know, that wasn't anything that was confirmed, just speculation by the media.  Whether it was fair or true, I don't know that it's even relevant.  The fact of the matter is, this deserved a harsh penalty because the investigation found that there was a good reason to think the Patriots attempted to avoid detection.

I don't think this was as poorly handled as the Bountygate or Ray Rice, and maybe they could have strategically done some things better.  But all in all, I thought it was a decent job on the NFL's part, regardless of what anyone thinks on the merits of the claim or the severity of the imposed sanctions.  They received a tip something was being done illegally, they investigated, gave sanctions based on that investigation and the powers given in the CBA, and stuck to the facts of the investigation.  I don't think anything was really improperly done by the NFL if you ask me.

We will def agree disagree here. (I mean Goodell was caught in an outright lie on his Appeal findings is one major red flag for me.  But again it's the BRADY side of the equation that most fans in NE are still having issues with :) 

first they came for the patriots and we said nothing.....

the pats feel like they got a raw deal. you can agree or disagree. if this same exact thing played out for the colts, we'd be cheering anyone on our coaching staff wearing that shirt. I know I would.   this was a little bit of an * to the commish. classy? if you live in a lot of cities,  not just in new England, the answer is no, its not, its awesome. the NE area isn't the only area that has issues with the commissioner.

lets just hope the colts don't have some nonsense like deflategate come up, cause if they do, the precedent has been set. the commish  can do whatever he wants.

Edited by Nadine
skirting the word filter

25 minutes ago, eseae said:

first they came for the patriots and we said nothing.....

the pats feel like they got a raw deal. you can agree or disagree. if this same exact thing played out for the colts, we'd be cheering anyone on our coaching staff wearing that shirt. I know I would.   this was a little bit of an * to the commish. classy? if you live in a lot of cities,  not just in new England, the answer is no, its not, its awesome. the NE area isn't the only area that has issues with the commissioner.

lets just hope the colts don't have some nonsense like deflategate come up, cause if they do, the precedent has been set. the commish  can do whatever he wants.

Disagree

We've had issues with the commissioner and recently and just took it

That's the deal when you are in the NFL

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

My belief has always been that in the very worst case scenario, Brady's guys were asked to stick a gauge in the balls to make sure the refs didn't inflate them way over the 12.5 point. It's the only thing that's ever made sense to me...there was a documented situation in an earlier game where Brady felt the refs gave him balls that were significantly over the 12.5...we know that the "process" was pretty loose in terms of the refs (gauges weren't calibrated, refs didn't record measurements, etc). So I could see a situation where the ball guys were asked to check the balls after the refs were done with them and if they were way over the 12.5 he requested, then take a puff of air out of them. That's a violation. It should have been punished...with something like an $8K fine.

I think what it got turned into was a "plot" to deflate balls below the allowed parameters to gain an unfair advantage. That to me is preposterous...and given how he has played for 2 seasons since this became an issue, it seems even more preposterous.

19 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Disagree

We've had issues with the commissioner and recently and just took it

That's the deal when you are in the NFL

FIRe gOODELl FOR Mak1ng PEDs illeeegul and getting Art jonez & DQ & raubert mathus suspanded!!11!one!

The overwhelming majority of people were upset with Jones, DQ, and Mathis for getting suspended.  I don't recall anyone (on the forums or within the organization) whining about the league trying to enforce a rule that makes perfect sense.

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

FIRe gOODELl FOR Mak1ng PEDs illeeegul and getting Art jonez & DQ & raubert mathus suspanded!!11!one!

The overwhelming majority of people were upset with Jones, DQ, and Mathis for getting suspended.  I don't recall anyone (on the forums or within the organization) whining about the league trying to enforce a rule that makes perfect sense.

PED use is totally different. Many a Patriot been suspended over that and no one complained up here. What the person meant was a charge of the team doing something underhanded.  let's say pumping in noise. But let's  me ask a better question if your caught violating the SAME rule as a team NUMEROUS times should the penalty get harsher? (This has nothing to do w the colts.)