Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady's Stolen Jersey

The Old Crow

19 hours ago, JimJaime said:

lmao I just read on bleacher report the LT GOvernor called in the atexas Rangers.. the law enforcement guys not the baseball team to investigate. Lol really over a JERSEY?!

In fairness, that jersey will be worth a ton.  Don't think of it as stealing a jersey, think of it as stealing money - priceless money at that.

8 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Im betting the ball boy that Brady and the Pats used as the deflategate scapegoat stole it as retribution.

I was thinking the same thing. haha Glad to know I wasn't the only one. O.o  Had to be someone that had access to the Patriots Locker Room.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, JimJaime said:

lmao I just read on bleacher report the LT GOvernor called in the atexas Rangers.. the law enforcement guys not the baseball team to investigate. Lol really over a JERSEY?!

The reason is nobody here in Texas drinks beer, smokes weed, drives stupid or shoots off guns in their front yard. This is an insult to one of the best law enforcement bodies in the country.

6 hours ago, -JJ- said:

I was listening to some ex players and those jersey's are a big deal to them. They hang them on their wall more than awards. They don't wash them and if any grass stains all the better. so yeah I get why he wants it.

It's not just a big deal to the players. 

If it were ever placed legitimately on the market, it could fetch as much as $500,000, said Ken Goldin, founder of Goldin Auctions in New Jersey.

“He is the most popular and most collectible football player ever,” Goldin said.

The bidding would start, he said, at $300,000.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-06/brady-s-missing-super-bowl-jersey-could-get-500-000-at-auction

At between a reported potential 300k and a half a million dollars in worth, the perpetrator that gets caught is in a huge amount of trouble.  I believe there are provisions in Texas state law for punishing someone up to 99 years for stealing something of that high of value.  They have a time to fit the crime system.

Judging by Tommy boy's past ethical "issues", its my belief that HE wanted to keep it for himself so he acted like it was stolen not thinking ahead (like when he smashed the phone) that there might be an investigation.

how great would it be to find out hecwas behind it?

of course, even if they find it framed in his house, he will fight it and say someone "planted" it.  A zebra can't change its stripes.

Go back and watch when he says his jersey was missing.  He wasn't freaking out like ANYONE would be.  A person would be running around the room looking.

And when someone mentioned to lock the doors and search people, Brady had no response. This is not how someone would act.

it was in Gisele's purse by then.

He took it himself, if you ask me, cuz he knew the NFL would take it.

On 08/02/2017 at 6:24 AM, -JJ- said:

I was listening to some ex players and those jersey's are a big deal to them. They hang them on their wall more than awards. They don't wash them and if any grass stains all the better. so yeah I get why he wants it.

His SB jerseys from the Giants games were certainly covered in grass stains. Ok, ok Pats fans, it's all I got...

18 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Go back and watch when he says his jersey was missing.  He wasn't freaking out like ANYONE would be.  A person would be running around the room looking.

And when someone mentioned to lock the doors and search people, Brady had no response. This is not how someone would act.

it was in Gisele's purse by then.

He took it himself, if you ask me, cuz he knew the NFL would take it.

I dont think that is it. In fact, Brady is on record stating the fact he does indeed want it for himself, and his collection.  I don't think Goodell and the league would try to take it (for what?) And the HOF will patiently wait until such time as Brady or his heirs donates it. Brady gets a lot more new Jerseys than the typical football player (stars in any industry, even sales/business) get more perks than average Joe/Jane.  So while they get their jerseys sewn back up, Tom gets a brand new one.  Sometimes he keeps the old for his collection, sometimes to donate for charity / promotional benefits.  But this paticular jersey is worth 10x his typical jersey amount.  Here's an example-

One Brady jersey—worn in a regular season game, not a Super Bowl—sold at auction for $46,000 in 2012. Another dirty Brady jersey, worn during a 2014 regular season game, went up for auction this past weekend and was purchased for $56,000.

This particular jersey is estimated to fetch between $300,00 to 1/2 million dollars if auctioned.  Since it was stolen, it cannot be legal sold on auction sites like ebay,  etc...  Ever.  Person ending up with it has to keep it in a very quiet collection, for generations.  The reason? Pats don't play around.  A regular season game jersey of Brady's was stolen in 2004.  It was a silver No. 12 alternate jersey Brady had worn in a game against the Cincinnati Bengals back in December of 2004, and it turned up at auction in June 2014.  The Pats got an immediate injunction and began to pursue criminal charges.  They got the jersey back fast.  This one is worth 10 times that one was, and nobody knew that one was stolen, unlike this one.This jersey is toxic, and worthless on the open market.

So one could keep it if they hide it from family and friends for 40-50 years in a very private collection.  But what fun is there in that? 

I would put my money on someone from ESPN doing it, so they had an NFL story that has nothing to do with the sport that they could talk nonstop about in the offseason.  Otherwise they would have to actually do sports reporting on the NBA, NHL, MLB spring training and the upcoming NFL draft.  

KHOU Channel 11 in Houston on 2/10/17 evening news said per "Golden Auctions" the asking price would be $300,000 - $500,000 and sadly the jersey story was the first item up on the news despite murders like a guy running over his mom with his truck (not as important I guess). 

One more note; it was said not all of the NE equipment has been unpacked yet!!!

39 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'd bet that jersey was in Giselle's bag before the trophy presentation.

a jersey will be "found" in the truck or somewhere.  Not the "actual" jersey, but "a" jersey.

Here's a possibility: Maybe Tom Brady just misplaced it, and it wasn't until after the press announced he lost it that he found it somewhere. Brady -- to save himself the embarrassment -- figures it's better to pretend it's lost and leave it at that.

That would be pretty embarrassing if Brady were to announce, "Oh, durr, I found it in the corner of my gym bag! Sorry, guys! LOL!"