Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When did your hatred for the Patriots start?

Chrisaaron1023

16 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

In the old days, when the Colts were in the AFC east and Steve Grogan was the NE QB, I actually liked the Patriots.  I even liked Drew Bledsoe's Patriots.  I started disliking that whole team dynasty team. I never liked Belichik's, Brady's, Burschi's, Ty Laws, or Rodney Harrison's demeanor.  They all had attitudes,  Other teams like Pittsburgh and the Chargers could beat us back then, but I didn't hate them.  I loved Troy Palamalou (sp).  I loved Sproles, ....but I didn't like any of the Pats and they still have an air about them.  If they had been good guys, good sports, and all that.....I would not hate on them.

ah yes the Grogan days. Pretty good rivalry with the Colts in the AFC east. More like who would be 1-15 or 2-14   I think we beat you to get to 2-14 :)

I never really  hated them until every time we played them it seemed to be at their place,  felt like bad officiating, always in bad weather and we always lost.  Not always but usually.  This was when PM was young and we were still in their (Pats) division.  

I was watching the game when Bledsoe was hurt and I remember Brady coming in looking lost (deer in headlights) but performing pretty well.  I have to add that being a Purdue alum and married to OSU alum I have always hated Michigan too, so hating the Patriots became second nature when Brady took over.

Having said that, I have to admit that I do root for them when they are in the SB or some playoff games once we are out depending on the opponent.  The two years they played NY I rooted for NY because I like Eli and so forth.  However, I was just fine with them winning against the Seahawks.  Probably because I don't care for Wilson and Pete Carroll too much.  

I was also glad to see them win this year.  It is pretty special to see some of the greatest football that we have had the opportunity to watch in the past 15-20 years, meaning PM and TB and their respective coaches/ teams.  I often wonder if we will ever have that opportunity again.

BB has a brilliant football mind and I admire his ability to win regardless of talent and setbacks.  The 30 for 30 film (I think it was) about BB was really cool.  I just have a lot of respect and admiration for the man.

When we take the field, however and NE is on the other sideline I absolutely - unequivocally hate the New England Patriots and anyone donning their colors.... UGH!

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

I never really  hated them until every time we played them it seemed to be at their place,  felt like bad officiating, always in bad weather and we always lost.  Not always but usually.  This was when PM was young and we were still in their (Pats) division.  

I was watching the game when Bledsoe was hurt and I remember Brady coming in looking lost (deer in headlights) but performing pretty well.  I have to add that being a Purdue alum and married to OSU alum I have always hated Michigan too, so hating the Patriots became second nature when Brady took over.

Having said that, I have to admit that I do root for them when they are in the SB or some playoff games once we are out depending on the opponent.  The two years they played NY I rooted for NY because I like Eli and so forth.  However, I was just fine with them winning against the Seahawks.  Probably because I don't care for Wilson and Pete Carroll too much.  

I was also glad to see them win this year.  It is pretty special to see some of the greatest football that we have had the opportunity to watch in the past 15-20 years, meaning PM and TB and their respective coaches/ teams.  I often wonder if we will ever have that opportunity again.

BB has a brilliant football mind and I admire his ability to win regardless of talent and setbacks.  The 30 for 30 film (I think it was) about BB was really cool.  I just have a lot of respect and admiration for the man.

When we take the field, however and NE is on the other sideline I absolutely - unequivocally hate the New England Patriots and anyone donning their colors.... UGH!

Hey, every time I read your posts, I find I read them in the voice of Junior Samples.  lol ....because of your avatar.  Btw, I used to watch it all the time.

4 hours ago, -JJ- said:

ah yes the Grogan days. Pretty good rivalry with the Colts in the AFC east. More like who would be 1-15 or 2-14   I think we beat you to get to 2-14 :)

I like Grogan and Sam the Bam Cunningham a lot and I liked your uniforms.  

With Harbaugh, we weren't 1-15, but we had our difficulties.

I don't really hate anyone or any team in and of itself.  Just like most sports fans who let their competitveness get in the way.  

8 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I like Grogan and Sam the Bam Cunningham a lot and I liked your uniforms.  

With Harbaugh, we weren't 1-15, but we had our difficulties.

I don't really hate anyone or any team in and of itself.  Just like most sports fans who let their competitveness get in the way.  

oh I thought you went 1-15.

Agree. I'm not into hating. I'm in it for the purity of football competition.

Right on Sam Bam :)

16 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Hey, every time I read your posts, I find I read them in the voice of Junior Samples.  lol ....because of your avatar.  Btw, I used to watch it all the time.

Thats funny. Sometimes I lose track of what I am writing because I glance up at the avatar and laugh.

Every Saturday night back in the day.  

I hate them because of their success. I hate them because they cheat. I hate them because of dirty players like Rodney Harrison. I hate them because they were given two gifts in the last two SBs. I hate them because of some of their obnoxious fans. But every dog has its day and when they stop making the SB, I'll probably hate them less...naw, I'll still hate them.

On 2/5/2017 at 6:54 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I was thinking, later on we are all going to sit down with our chips, wings, pizza, beer, etc. and watch this football with an extra edge. Now our team is not even in this game so you wonder where the edge comes from? I'm sure 98% of us on the board are going to be hardcore cheering for the Falcons. Not necessarily because we like the Falcons, but because we hate the team on the other sideline! While I sit here just thinking about how my hatred started, I've thought about so many good/bad times I've had watching this team. So many times I've been killed inside from losses and how many times I couldn't contain myself with joy when they lost.

My hatred started Nov 30th 2003. We had 4 chances from the one and couldn't punch it in... It only got worse from there!

Same from me.

probably began when the colts pats rivalry started and they had our number for the first little while. Then it would be solidified during spygate. Its hard to deny that Brady is one of the best quarterbacks ever and Belicheck is one of the best coaches, but their "dynasty" will always be tarnished IMO.

The reason i hate them is because they win so much, they cheated, they have horrible fans, and it seems like the NFL for whatever reason tries to bury and hide the fact that they cheated. My hatred is for those reasons not because they kicked the crap out of us most of the time during the Manning vs Brady days.

I wanted the Pats to win their first SB.  It was right after 9/11 and we were all Patriots for that short time.

I have developed a grudging respect for the whole Patriots organization over the years because they win.

But I have HATED hated HATED the Pats ever since they beat the Colts in the AFC Championship on their way to winning their 2nd SB.  The way they got away with mugging the Colts WRs downfield... It got worse when they did it again the next year.  It got worse every time they landed a good FA or fleeced the Browns or Raiders for picks/players.  It got worse when they got caught cheating.  Belichick is a despicable cheater who gets his players to cheat.  Tom Brady, Ty Law, Willie McGinnist, Rodney Harrison, etc. are a bunch of dirty cheaters.

I don't even understand why Belichick cheats.  He is obviously a great coach, probably the greatest in-game situational manager ever.  He doesn't need to cheat, but he does...

I could go on, but I'm getting worked up, so I'm gonna end it there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017 at 11:39 PM, Solon said:

I hate all of Boston. It's a Los Angeles thing.

It isn't.  I'm from New Hampshire, LOVE the Patriots since they were the Boston Patriots and still HATE Boston.  It's a Boston thing.

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

The Boston elite are somehow under the impression that they are royalty :lol:

Nobody I've ever known who actually lived in Boston (and this doesn't include Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, etc, I'm talking about the high-rent districts) is actually FROM Boston. It's funny. Even my wife, when I met her, was living on Beacon Hill, but is from Queens (but went to Emerson for college and stayed here, like many do). 

I grew up in MA, lived in NH for a long time, and am back in MA, and I hate going into the city. Hate it. I will avoid it like the plague. I'm less than an hour away and I'm there maybe twice a year. More like once. haha

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

Nobody I've ever known who actually lived in Boston (and this doesn't include Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, etc, I'm talking about the high-rent districts) is actually FROM Boston. It's funny. Even my wife, when I met her, was living on Beacon Hill, but is from Queens (but went to Emerson for college and stayed here, like many do). 

I grew up in MA, lived in NH for a long time, and am back in MA, and I hate going into the city. Hate it. I will avoid it like the plague. I'm less than an hour away and I'm there maybe twice a year. More like once. haha

One day, I'm driving in to school in Boston.  I know how to get to my destination, but not much else (before GPS or google maps).  My path is blocked but no detour is marked off.  Two cops are standing beside the detour sign having coffee.  There is plenty of room to park, so I pull over and ask how to get to my destination.  One guy screws up his nose in my direction, "What do I look like a tour guide?  Get out of here before I have your car towed."  I have not visited Boston as a tourist since.  

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, Jules said:

I don't like them that much but I don't feel this burning hate for them anymore I did in the old days. In 2006 when we played them in the title game, my hate was at an all time high. And again in 2007.......my hate was at an all time high for them when they went 18-0.

When Manning left slowly my Patriots fueled hate paranoia left too and obsession with hating on everything they did or said since the rivalry seemed to slowly fade as well and leave with Manning. I did not live vicariously through anything the Broncos did with Peyton either, I moved on from that.

At one time many years ago I hated Lebron James too. And slowly in the last few years I started to adore watching Lebron James play and realized he is that damn good and I am lucky to witness him all these years in his prime. I kinda feel the same about Brady now and the Pats. Why not just live in the moment and enjoy watching great players and teams rise to the occasion and get the job done? I am not a real Pats fan or a Cavs fan but I don't mind watching them now. My allegiances have always lied with the Colts and Lakers. The Colts are stuck in the middle and the Lakers have a long ways to go again if they ever want to get back to the top. My all time favorite NBA player is Kobe Bryant btw but I don't even make GOAT arguments for him since it don't bug me if anyone thinks someone else is better or was. 

We might be back again someday but until then I will continue to enjoy watching and admiring for entertainment too when it comes to anyone out there.

Maybe we get another burning rival again that will make me go insane, not sure. But, until then I just hope we can win the AFC South while NE wins Super Bowls.

NE has everything handed to them on a silver platter and this past superbowl was no exception that game was so rigged it wasn't even funny my hatred started at the tuck rule game because that was officially their first cheat the second they started that crap I hated them.