Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When did your hatred for the Patriots start?

Chrisaaron1023

I was thinking, later on we are all going to sit down with our chips, wings, pizza, beer, etc. and watch this football with an extra edge. Now our team is not even in this game so you wonder where the edge comes from? I'm sure 98% of us on the board are going to be hardcore cheering for the Falcons. Not necessarily because we like the Falcons, but because we hate the team on the other sideline! While I sit here just thinking about how my hatred started, I've thought about so many good/bad times I've had watching this team. So many times I've been killed inside from losses and how many times I couldn't contain myself with joy when they lost.

My hatred started Nov 30th 2003. We had 4 chances from the one and couldn't punch it in... It only got worse from there!

My hate really didn't begin until we lost in the 2004 Season Playoffs to them. We lost in the 2003 Season AFC Title Game to them as well then again in the 2004 Season to them. After losing to them twice in the Playoffs my hate began. It was other stuff added to that too like a majority of their fanbase calling Peyton a choker, forehead, and the city of Indianapolis a bunch of hillbillies on many occasions. That stuff stuck with me and still sticks with me. The city of Boston absolutely for the most part had no respect for us at all. When we beat them in the 2006 Season AFC Title Game most of their fanbase still didn't give Peyton credit and blamed the REFS.

*I underlined stuff like Most and Majority because not all were like that but 90% of them were.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My hate really didn't begin until we lost in the 2004 Season Playoffs to them. We lost in the 2003 Season AFC Title Game to them as well then again in the 2004 Season to them. After losing to them twice in the Playoffs my hate began. It was other stuff added to that too like a majority of their fanbase calling Peyton a choker, forehead, and the city of Indianapolis a bunch of hillbillies on many occasions. That stuff stuck with me and still sticks with me. The city of Boston absolutely for the most part had no respect for us at all. When we beat them in the 2006 Season AFC Title Game most of their fanbase still didn't give Peyton credit and blamed the REFS.

*I underlined stuff like Most and Majority because not all were like that but 90% of them were.

Going to have to agree with this. Especially 03-04. Everything else was just salt in the wound. But we beat them twice in 06 including the playoffs so it was a pretty special year. 

I have to say my hate started due to thier arrogant fans(not all of them), thier arrogant players (especially thier qb)and then they were exposed as cheaters, not only once, but twice....that sealed the deal for me. Forever tarnished IMO.

No seriously,  I actually remember being very happy for Tom and the The Patriots back in February 2002.  

It was a time of healing for our Country, and I remember the sheer joy and excitement of the young QB at the time.  

So I probably started to dislike them, resent them,  whatever around the time of Spygate and it has escalated from there.   I have no use for liars, cheaters and/or arrogance.    It is Very off-putting.

Ty Law, Willy McGinnest, Ronnie Harrison. The whole left side of the Patriots D. They were holding and pushing beyond 5 yards and got away with it every time. They hold so much, the NFL changed the rule after Patriots defeated Colts the year before in the playoff. And not so much with the spygate but their fans defending them made me hate them even more.

Hate away, hate away....Most successful dynasty in NFL history, and they officially gave the finger to Roger Goodell after a manufactured controversy. 

I think I'll always keep them as a mutual team since they stopped Carolina and now Atlanta from hoisting up the trophy. 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

Hate away, hate away....Most successful dynasty in NFL history, and they officially gave the finger to Roger Goodell after a manufactured controversy. 

I think I'll always keep them as a mutual team since they stopped Carolina and now Atlanta from hoisting up the trophy. 

Troll troll troll away

6 hours ago, presto123 said:

Spygate. After that I always consider their achievements a little tarnished. They are probably still cheating at something they haven't been caught at right now.

That team is a cheat it has been since those two cheaters have been there and that game last night was rigged to go down like that you don't just come back from a 25 point deficit.

7 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Had nothing to do with earning it the steelers teams of the 70'sthat was a dynasty they earned it patriots no because they have had everything handed to them and their hands held the entire way oh ya and the fact that they are proven cheaters. Bill and Brady both should have been banned after spygate and then after deflategate they get another superbowl handed to them on a silver platter and they think they earned it no.

My hatred for the pats started when they started cheating and getting away with it all the time they got off easy the last time and so they paid the refs off and got another one and now we are going to hear for a year about how they are the best of all time the only thing that team is the best at is cheating nothing else.

On 2/6/2017 at 1:54 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My hatred started Nov 30th 2003. We had 4 chances from the one and couldn't punch it in... It only got worse from there!

Mine started here also when McGinest (and friends) went down with "injuries" so that they could gather themselves for the goal line stand. Of course McGinest made the stop on 4th down and then danced his way to mid-field. Sportsmanship at its worst. Hated them ever since. Cost Indy HFA from memory. 

1971: John Outlaw intercepted Unitas defeating the Colts 21-17, making them a wild card. Win and Miami has to come to Baltimore where they were out scored 49-3 in their first two AFC seasons....cost the Colts a second straight Super Bowl appearance. And yes, I'm still bitter.

I don't like them that much but I don't feel this burning hate for them anymore I did in the old days. In 2006 when we played them in the title game, my hate was at an all time high. And again in 2007.......my hate was at an all time high for them when they went 18-0.

When Manning left slowly my Patriots fueled hate paranoia left too and obsession with hating on everything they did or said since the rivalry seemed to slowly fade as well and leave with Manning. I did not live vicariously through anything the Broncos did with Peyton either, I moved on from that.

At one time many years ago I hated Lebron James too. And slowly in the last few years I started to adore watching Lebron James play and realized he is that damn good and I am lucky to witness him all these years in his prime. I kinda feel the same about Brady now and the Pats. Why not just live in the moment and enjoy watching great players and teams rise to the occasion and get the job done? I am not a real Pats fan or a Cavs fan but I don't mind watching them now. My allegiances have always lied with the Colts and Lakers. The Colts are stuck in the middle and the Lakers have a long ways to go again if they ever want to get back to the top. My all time favorite NBA player is Kobe Bryant btw but I don't even make GOAT arguments for him since it don't bug me if anyone thinks someone else is better or was. 

We might be back again someday but until then I will continue to enjoy watching and admiring for entertainment too when it comes to anyone out there.

Maybe we get another burning rival again that will make me go insane, not sure. But, until then I just hope we can win the AFC South while NE wins Super Bowls.

I don't hate them but being on this forum over the years I've gotten really tired of their fans coming here to cause problems.  

Best outcome of the super bowl would have been falcons win because there would not have been pat fans coming here to gloat.

10 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

1971: John Outlaw intercepted Unitas defeating the Colts 21-17, making them a wild card. Win and Miami has to come to Baltimore where they were out scored 49-3 in their first two AFC seasons....cost the Colts a second straight Super Bowl appearance. And yes, I'm still bitter.

I like this.. history! My mother wasn't even born in 71!

On 2/5/2017 at 10:38 PM, colts2dasuperbowl said:

Ty Law, Willy McGinnest, Ronnie Harrison. The whole left side of the Patriots D. They were holding and pushing beyond 5 yards and got away with it every time. They hold so much, the NFL changed the rule after Patriots defeated Colts the year before in the playoff. And not so much with the spygate but their fans defending them made me hate them even more.

Technically no new rule was made. The rule was already in place. The officials had gotten away from enforcing it. Polian made it a point in the off season to have the league make enforcing the rule a "point of emphasis" the following season.

10 hours ago, Nadine said:

I don't hate them but being on this forum over the years I've gotten really tired of their fans coming here to cause problems.  

Best outcome of the super bowl would have been falcons win because there would not have been pat fans coming here to gloat.

Basically in so many words you are saying you cant stand their fanbase, which is why I think most people in here cant stand them in reality. If people have ever been on the Planet, the way they talk about Peyton and Indiana is very disturbing. Yeah it's just a Pats website and of course bashing will go on but they have said some things that are outlandish over there. If people who are from Indiana read some their Posts that alone would make you hate the Patriots. You have to be from Indiana and be a huge Colts fan to understand that I guess, some people do in here. They make of fun Luck a lot too and just rip Jim Irsay up and down making fun of his addictions = just warped. Most of us in here that bash Brady usually either call him a whiner or a cheater and that is the extent of it which really isn't that bad compared to things their fans say about Peyton and Indiana that I have read.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Basically in so many words you are saying you cant stand their fanbase, which is why I think most people in here cant stand them in reality. If people have ever been on the Planet, the way they talk about Peyton and Indiana is very disturbing. Yeah it's just a Pats website and of course bashing will go on but they have said some things that are outlandish over there. If people who are from Indiana read some their Posts that alone would make you hate the Patriots. You have to be from Indiana and be a huge Colts fan to understand that I guess, some people do in here. They make of fun Luck a lot too and just rip Jim Irsay up and down making fun of his addictions = just warped. Most of us in here that bash Brady usually either call him a whiner or a cheater and that is the extent of it which really isn't that bad compared to things their fans say about Peyton and Indiana that I have read.

I do want to make this clear, their whole fanbase isn't bad, I actually used to chat with some Pats fans when I posted over at ESPN and got along with them. So it's not their whole fanbase that my previous Post was referring too.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, I don't hate their fan base.

Lots of nice people are pats fans.

It's the ones who come here to bait and I'm tired of.  Also tired of colts fans taking the bait.

We don't talk about or trash other forums because it just leads to more of this sort of thing. so lets not do that.

The team I hold a grudge against is the steelers and it stems from a game I went to there and the experience I had there.  The actual organization seems top notch though.

My likes and dislikes are based on just a few of their fans.  

I've never hated something more in my life than I hate the Patriots. I feel that sometimes my hate for them is almost greater than my love for my Colts. Living in Canada where we don't have a team of course every second person you meet says oh I'm a Pats fans and I puke in my mouth a little. Honestly seems the worse people become Pats fans. I've walked away from dates because the girl is a Patriots fan lol. I need to find a way to block out the Patriots because they're honestly ruining football for me and it's the one thing I've always loved. 

In the old days, when the Colts were in the AFC east and Steve Grogan was the NE QB, I actually liked the Patriots.  I even liked Drew Bledsoe's Patriots.  I started disliking that whole team dynasty team. I never liked Belichik's, Brady's, Burschi's, Ty Laws, or Rodney Harrison's demeanor.  They all had attitudes,  Other teams like Pittsburgh and the Chargers could beat us back then, but I didn't hate them.  I loved Troy Palamalou (sp).  I loved Sproles, ....but I didn't like any of the Pats and they still have an air about them.  If they had been good guys, good sports, and all that.....I would not hate on them.