Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elliott was NOT rookie of the year?

oldunclemark

Ezekiel Elliott was 1st team all pro...and rushing champion of the NFL and he was not named rookie of the year.?

I thought he was the dominant offensive skill position player in pro football..as a rookie

I'm glad nobody asked me to bet on this because I'd have lost a lot of money

10 minutes ago, corgi said:

Zeke should've won but, QB > everything.

True.  but when it comes down to it, all you hear from media and fans alike is... You can't win the Super Bowl without a top tier QB.

You never hear media and fans saying...  You can't win the Super without a top tier running back.

If it is true, then why shouldn't that position get the nod for awards?  Just making a point.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

True.  but when it comes down to it, all you hear from media and fans alike is... You can't win the Super Bowl without a top tier QB.

You never hear media and fans saying...  You can't win the Super without a top tier running back.

If it is true, then why shouldn't that position get the nod for awards?  Just making a point.

Both the Broncos and the Seahawks won without a top QB. :ninja:

I personally think it was close between the two of them, but the QB position is much harder to learn and is rarely excelled at in the first season.  Those two points tip the scale in my mind. 

I might have voted them co-offensive rookies of the year because each was made better by the other being there.

11 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I wish th NFL had an equivalent to the Cy Young award. Give that to the best QB in each conference and give a player at another position the Confernece MVP trophy.

12 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree with what you are saying but we're not talking MVP..its not about winning

Its who was the best rookie....... Zak was very good but not the best QB in the NFL

Elliott was, without much argument, the premier running back...in the NFL this season