Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee retiring from the NFL

MTC

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of annoying & uncalled for seeing as real colts fans have been put through a loop but understanding it's just sports it's still to a degree insensitive. Yu rip Grigson then yourself arrogantly put your "retirement" at the forefront of the team.

ughhh smh Punters these days

Maybe my favorite colt retired today. This just doesn't feel right. Laying here stunned. Wish you the best Pat. A pro-bowler, an all-pro, a family man, and most of all... one of the best colts around the community. I enjoyed all of your crazy jokes, great punts, throws on fake punts, surprise onside kicks, hilarious celebrations, and the energy you brought to this team from someone who plays the punter position! 

That sucks for the Colts but i'm sure McAfee will do well. 

I can't blame him. He has already made lots of money, knee surgeries suck to recover from, knows what he ultimately wants to do and has an opportunity to do it. 

Also, I wish he was retiring to do a radio show for 1070 from 12-3 on weekdays instead of going to Barstool. 

It also bothers me the way he did it.  I knowvhe's trying to be funny and promote "website of the minute" but this was insensitive to colt fans .  Timing was odd.

i'm wondering if his knee is worse than originally thought or if he's just a knucklehead:

doesn't he realize being a punter in the nfl was the crutch that held up his comedy? There used to be a restaurant in pittsburgh called Woodson's (rod).  Its not there now.  See my point?

10 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

kind of annoying & uncalled for seeing as real colts fans have been put through a loop but understanding it's just sports it's still to a degree insensitive. Yu rip Grigson then yourself arrogantly put your "retirement" at the forefront of the team.

ughhh smh Punters these days

What "Loop" have us "real-Colts-fans" been put through???

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's still pretty young and at the top of his game, doesn't make much sense. You would think with Grigson gone he would be happy. Look at the bright side, the news could've been 10X worse as in it could've been Luck Tweeting he was retiring. Now that would've been devastating.

Yeah he was the one ranting about Grigson on Twitter lol. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It sucks and he was a Great Punter. One of my favorite Colts but Punters are replaceable. We will pick one up.

Yeah they might as well pick up the best prospect they can either in the later rounds or udfa.  I would have no problem with the Colts obtaining a punter in the later rounds.