Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Krunks 2017 Mock

I'm assuming we traded down and picked up an additional 2nd round pick.

1.Takk Mckinley  OLB

2.Sidney Jones  CB

2.Jarrad Davis    ILB

3.Carl Lawson   OLB

4. Jamal Williams/Kareem Hunt  RB

4. Montravious Adams/Davon Gotchaux/Vincent Taylor DE

5. John Johnson    S

6. Kareem Are   OG

Free Agent

Melvin Ingram

Brandon Williams

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I love him. His teammate, Alex is also coming into this draft.(also a ilb)

He had a lot of injuries but imo he is just as good as jarrad. And will be probably be available a lot later. 

I like Anzalone too. Another guy to check out is Duke Riley from LSU. A bit undersized but he is fast, aggressive, and has good instincts. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I love him. His teammate, Alex is also coming into this draft.(also a ilb)

He had a lot of injuries but imo he is just as good as jarrad. And will be probably be available a lot later. 

You watch any Reeves Maybin? Was hurt this year so he will drop but last year he had as good or better stats then the top ILB this year while also playing in the SEC. I love him later in the draft.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You watch any Reeves Maybin? Was hurt this year so he will drop but last year he had as good or better stats then the top ILB this year while also playing in the SEC. I love him later in the draft.

I had him on the list at one point but switched it up.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Not enough to comment on him. I need to watch his tape still. If he's athletic and has a little cover skills, I'll like him.

Nice mock. The long corners like Jones will probably be what Ballard looks for because that's what they had in KC. My only question with this mock is if Davis and Jones will be there Round 2. Also you might be low balling Car Lawson. He might be a late 1st round pick.

36 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Nice mock. The long corners like Jones will probably be what Ballard looks for because that's what they had in KC. My only question with this mock is if Davis and Jones will be there Round 2. Also you might be low balling Car Lawson. He might be a late 1st round pick.

I put Jones in two after looking at 4 different mocks from the top guys and not seeing his name on there.   I believe there has only been maybe one guy recently on NFL.com that put Jones in the first round.  I was a little hesitant but went with it.  You could be right about Jarrad, but I'd just substitute him with Raekwon probably.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I put Jones in two after looking at 4 different mocks from the top guys and not seeing his name on there.   I believe there has only been maybe one guy recently on NFL.com that put Jones in the first round.  I was a little hesitant but went with it.  You could be right about Jarrad, but I'd just substitute him with Raekwon probably.

Got you. Yeah I wonder if the reason some people are putting Jones in the first round is because they think he's automatically a Marcus Peters clone.

Also. What's your take on Adams? I see him in your mock but his stick is all over the place. Seen him in the 1st, 2nd, and as low as the 5th in some analyst mocks. Plus he weighed in at 308 at the Senior Bowl which is a little light for me at NT.

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Got you. Yeah I wonder if the reason some people are putting Jones in the first round is because they think he's automatically a Marcus Peters clone.

Also. What's your take on Adams? I see him in your mock but his stick is all over the place. Seen him in the 1st, 2nd, and as low as the 5th in some analyst mocks. Plus he weighed in at 308 at the Senior Bowl which is a little light for me at NT.

Some of his write up seems similar to Ridgeway to me.   1st round talent but supposed effort issues.  Sounds like he dominated at the Senior Bowl in the game and in the practices from some of the write ups I've seen.  I believe they say he can play at a larger weight than 308 as well.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

1.Takk Mckinley  OLB

2.Sidney Jones  CB

2.Jarrad Davis    ILB

3.Carl Lawson   OLB

5. John Johnson    S

6. Kareem Are   OG

Free Agent

Melvin Ingram

Brandon Williams

If we get a 2nd rounder than we would be trading back to the end of the first.  Go from say 14 to 24ish.  The issue with this draft is it has great names but unlikely spots to me.  IMO Takk would probably be gone by 24ish.  Sidney Jones and Davis are late 1st early 2nd rounders so I doubt Davis falls to the end of the 2nd.  Lawson I doubt drops to the 3rd since pass rusher is a key spot this year but possible i guess.  After that I like the rest and see it being possible.  Like Hunt and Adams.  Not familiar with Are in the 6th.

41 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

If we get a 2nd rounder than we would be trading back to the end of the first.  Go from say 14 to 24ish.  The issue with this draft is it has great names but unlikely spots to me.  IMO Takk would probably be gone by 24ish.  Sidney Jones and Davis are late 1st early 2nd rounders so I doubt Davis falls to the end of the 2nd.  Lawson I doubt drops to the 3rd since pass rusher is a key spot this year but possible i guess.  After that I like the rest and see it being possible.  Like Hunt and Adams.  Not familiar with Are in the 6th.

Are blocked for Dalvin Cook.  Said to be more talented than Tre Jackson and the other guy that got drafted from Fla. St a little while back.

Just now, krunk said:

Are blocked for Dalvin Cook.  Said to be more talented than Tre Jackson and the other guy that got drafted from Fla. St a little while back.

Better than Tre?  Going that late and being better than Tre Jackson would be an impressive pick.

On Carl Lawson, I wasn't a huge fan last year - granted he didn't play an entire season.  Last year I thought he and Emmanuel Ogbah were similar players, just that Lawson was a little smaller and with a little less power, and from a quick read-through of the scouting reports, it seems that the comparison may still hold true today.  

But, where Ogbah and Lawson both lacked technique and refinement, Ogbah had an ideal frame to develop into a stronger pass rusher.   While Lawson may never be a dependable pass rusher, at least early on, I do think he is powerful and tenacious enough to set the edge - perhaps he could be a Walden replacement and over time, contribute in the passing game.  Lawson's is more of a tweener, and in my estimation, will drop him to a mid-late second rounder at best, maybe even mid 3rd.

First things first the FAs. I like both. Ingram is a strong OLB pickup to give us a presence off the edge and the addition of Brandon Williams is an upgrade over anything we have at NT currently.

Now for the draft. According to the PFF chart we'd need to trade back to around #22/#23 in order to pick up an extra 2nd. I think McKinley has a good shot at being there in the low 20's although I wouldn't necessarily put money on that. If he is there, that's a terrific piece of business. I'd take him at #14 and be happy about it so to be able to get him and another 2 would be terrific if the wind blows our way.

My only real big issue with your entire mock is that all 3 of your 1st and 2nd round picks in my mind have a shot a definite shot at being taken in the top 25. I love all of the players you've picked, but I just don't see them being there short of them having a horrific combine/pre-draft process. If you replaced them with Anthony Walker and Desmond King it would probably be more realistic.

Lawson is a solid pick in the 3rd. Good situational rusher behind Ingram and McKinley. Ballard has just come from a team who had Houston, Hali and Ford all as legitimate outside threats.

The 4th is a good spot for a RB. Williams and Hunt are both good relievers for Gore but I don't think either will be our Jordan Howard/Spencer Ware style late round breakout star. Everyone has their favourites for mid-round RBs. Brian Hill is probably mine at this point.

Dline in the 4th is perfectly fine. All of the mentioned prospects are respectable choices at this point. The combine will be quite telling I think.

Really nice job. Certainly one of the better mocks out there right now.

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

As a Vols fan I would love to have JRM on the colts.

I have to say I love the FA signings but I am not really familiar with the later round picks.  I don't dig that deep into the draft.  I am familiar with the top rounds as that is all I have the time for.  I think i have to agree with some of the replys concerning Mckinleys availability.  I have seen many mocks showing him gone in the 1st. 20.  But who knows he could be there.  If he's not I would be really tempted for McCaffrey at the end of the 1st.  I have seen him mocked at the back of the 1st. in many drafts and I think he would be a great impact player for us at that spot.  This response should get the RB haters in the 1st. all worked up but so be it.  With two new FA agent starters on defense in your mock you can still get two defensive players in the second round which should go a long way on improving the defense.  Just my opinion of course. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Part of the reason to love those 2nd rounders is that they both stand a decent chance of being 1st rounders and not available when we pick.

That's a good reason to love his 3rd rounder too. Lawson falling to the 3rd is wishful thinking IMO. I love the draft I think it's about as realistic as some from fanspeak. 

A few years ago anyone making a mock draft with Moncrief in the 3rd Rd would have been dismissed bc of his talent. People gotta remember that strange things happen in the draft. Prospects mocked in the 2nd go UDFA or prospects mocked in the 5th go in the bottom of the 2nd.  Krunk, i like your draft and if the Colts are fortunate enough to get those players in those rounds then Fantastic! 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:31 AM, krunk said:

1.Takk Mckinley  OLB

2.Sidney Jones  CB

2.Jarrad Davis    ILB

3.Carl Lawson   OLB

5. John Johnson    S

6. Kareem Are   OG

Free Agent

Melvin Ingram

Brandon Williams

I hope McKinley is there. He's my first choice at olb. He fits every need we have. I think Tim Williams will become a very special player also. It would take him some time to develop his overall game though. Love your draft though. Very, Very solid. Very well thought out.

On 2/1/2017 at 10:31 AM, krunk said:

1.Takk Mckinley  OLB

2.Sidney Jones  CB

2.Jarrad Davis    ILB

3.Carl Lawson   OLB

5. John Johnson    S

6. Kareem Are   OG

Free Agent

Melvin Ingram

Brandon Williams

That would be a hell of an offseason. Great draft and great FAs

If this happened......I would be the happiest person on earth. I mean. This would be unreal. Williams demanding double teams, stuffing the run, and keeping the LB's clean to make plays, Ingram, Takk, and Lawson coming off the edge, Jones (a 1st round talent) paired with Vontae shutting down WR. Davis at ILB.....Man. How great would this be. I love Carl Lawson. He kinda reminds me of Dee Ford LOL, but I think he's going to make a impact sooner than Ford did. I think Lawson can put up 6-8 sacks in his rookie year. Kids got some real talent. Ford broke out this year kinda. I say kinda because he had like 6 of his 10 sacks in back to back games vs us and the Jags. But y'all talking about JRM in the 5-7 range YES. I like him a lot. I'd love to get him and Devontae Fields in the 5th and 6th. Fields seems like he takes plays off and seems like he can be sorta lazy, but I think he could be coached up and hit his potential. He's got 2nd-3rd round talent IMO.