Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your favorite play from this past season

RockThatBlue

I liked the Jack Doyle touchdown at the end of the Jags game week 17. Watching Luck go nuts afterward and getting it on camera was pretty great. 

I also liked TY's game winning touchdown at the end of the Chargers game. 

Thrashing the Vikings and Jets was pretty great to watch, though I think the Jets gave up on that game since they lost to the Pats the week before. 

26 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

I liked the Jack Doyle touchdown at the end of the Jags game week 17. Watching Luck go nuts afterward and getting it on camera was pretty great. 

I also liked TY's game winning touchdown at the end of the Chargers game. 

Thrashing the Vikings and Jets was pretty great to watch, though I think the Jets gave up on that game since they lost to the Pats the week before. 

I'll also go with Luck's celebration after the GW to Doyle in week 17 against Jacksonville. That was awesome.

The O-line play at the Vikings.....I thought I was watching a completely different team and o-line.  It was dominating against a team hanging on for dear life for a playoff hope, and we crushed them in front of their home crowd in a nice new stadium against all odds with their defense highly touted and ranked.  Sorry for this not being one play...I am compressing the o-line play of the entire game into one play, which was a thing of beauty.

I can't remember which game this was from, in the 2nd half of the season or so.

It was 3rd and 20, I think. Pretty sure we put a string of really long 3rd down conversions together on this one drive. The play that impressed me the most was where Luck had to scramble for what seemed like forever, got all the way to the far sideline and threw it up at the last possible second, and TY came out of nowhere for the sliding grab.

Some of the other plays mentioned were probably more exciting, but I remember that the commentators were already talking about how connected Luck and TY were and then of course that play happened.

Hmmmm. Mathis's last strip sack against the jags, I was there and it was such a filling moment as a life long colts fan and watching him for as long as I can remember terrorizing defenses. Another one though was Swoopes first touchdown. You can see how hard the guy tries and for him to have never played football and then catch a touchdown in the pro's I was just excited for the guy

12 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

That one play which resulted in the Colts completely failing to execute, losing yardage on offense / giving up big yardage on defense, capped off with Chuck Pagano blankly staring off into space, clapping his hands furiously in encouragement.

Get over it. We know a zillion times how you feel. You and Chuck have a lot in common.

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I can't remember which game this was from, in the 2nd half of the season or so.

It was 3rd and 20, I think. Pretty sure we put a string of really long 3rd down conversions together on this one drive. The play that impressed me the most was where Luck had to scramble for what seemed like forever, got all the way to the far sideline and threw it up at the last possible second, and TY came out of nowhere for the sliding grab.

Some of the other plays mentioned were probably more exciting, but I remember that the commentators were already talking about how connected Luck and TY were and then of course that play happened.

Against Denver, Yea that was cool

19 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

That one play which resulted in the Colts completely failing to execute, losing yardage on offense / giving up big yardage on defense, capped off with Chuck Pagano blankly staring off into space, clapping his hands furiously in encouragement.

haha that's all he does when someone makes a crucial mistake to hurt our team. Stares at them with a dumb face, then just starts clapping it out, "its okay, its okay I'll just clap your mistake away". Like no how about some discipline, how about raising your voice at all!! I feel like a lot of guys dont respect how much of a push over Chuck is

16 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Against Denver, Yea that was cool

I don't think it was against Denver. This was a 3rd and 20 conversion and TY's longest catch against Denver was only for 16 yards, plus I feel like this was later in the season.

I'm thinking it was possibly Green Bay but I don't know.

15 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Get over it. We know a zillion times how you feel. You and Chuck have a lot in common.

I'm going to continue to point out the innumerable examples of incompetency, and I won't "get over it" until Harry Dunne is shown the door.  

But at least Lloyd Christmas is finally gone.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That could be another similar play. This was a 3rd and 20 conversion and TY's longest catch against Denver was only for 16 yards, plus that was week 2 and I feel like this was later in the season.

I'm thinking it was possibly Green Bay, I really can't figure it out though.

Ohh haha I just read 3rd and 20 and andrew scrambled my bad haha

One I didn't see mentioned was a TD Turbin had when he ran to the right and  broke 3 or 4 tackles to get in the end zone. I think it was the vikings game. It looked like he had no chance of getting the TD but he still got in.

It was only a 4 or 5 yard TD run I think, but it was impressive.

I am sitting here :scratch: scratching my head, trying to come up with a favorite play, and I really got nothin'. :dunno: 

Hopefully this coming season will leave me with many many memorable and favorite plays.

side note:  going to the game in November, meeting fellow forum members @Smonroe and @bababooey  and then meeting the Super Bowl Champs before the game with @bababooey, will always be a favorite and fond memory for me.