Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hockey fans?

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

@bababooey @NorthernBlue Shatty to the Rangers, as many expected.  I think they'll regret it.  Puck moving defensemen who can capitalize on the powerplay are nice, but are they really worth it if they're a defensive liability?

Rangers also kept Smith didn't they? He's one of the best shot suppressing defense men in the league. I think if they pair him with Shatty, they'll be good to go.

Best way to cover for an offensively gifted but defensively inept player is to limit his time on defense. Pairing him with Smith might do that. Rangers should be better, but I agree. Lots of risk in this deal. Hopefully it backfires haha but I admit the rangers will be intriguing next season.

On 7/1/2017 at 2:48 PM, 21isSuperman said:

@bababooey @NorthernBlue Shatty to the Rangers, as many expected.  I think they'll regret it.  Puck moving defensemen who can capitalize on the powerplay are nice, but are they really worth it if they're a defensive liability?

On 7/1/2017 at 2:54 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Rangers also kept Smith didn't they? He's one of the best shot suppressing defense men in the league. I think if they pair him with Shatty, they'll be good to go.

Best way to cover for an offensively gifted but defensively inept player is to limit his time on defense. Pairing him with Smith might do that. Rangers should be better, but I agree. Lots of risk in this deal. Hopefully it backfires haha but I admit the rangers will be intriguing next season.

I am very happy about both deals, Shatty could have gotten 7 years in New Jersey or Boston but wants to win a cup for his favorite team (he's a local guy). He gave up millions to play for us so he's literally reverse ARod. 

Both Shatty and Smith deals are four years, Smith is a good market value too but we no longer will have an albatross contract like Girardi (who was just bought out) and Staal (will be bought out within two years) anymore which was the goal. I think Girardi in TB for his new deal makes sense but our deals will be done when Smith and Shatty hit 32 years old. Not bad.

We traded Stepan last week who has 6.5 AAV for 4 years with a NMC kicking in today and Raanta for a young Dman and a top pick. Stepan was not worth that contract.

To further distill it, NYR swapped Stepan's 6.5 for Shattenkirk's 6.65 the next 4 yrs while trading Raanta for Andersson (7th round pick from ARI), DeAngelo (from ARI), Pavelec (new FA goalie backup).

Shatty will get top pairing w McDonagh. Smith worked very well with Skjei who took a big leap in a great second year so I imagine those two will stay together. A full season together will be sweet. Staal, Holden, DeAngelo, and a couple other young guys will all be in on the third pairing but we have a huge upgrade from Girardi on the top line, who was a defensive liability and provided zero offense. Our PP in the playoffs was abysmal so Shatty and DeAngelo should help. Kevin klein is expected to retire to give us 3 mil more in cap space.

i believe we have like 9 mil after he retires for us to resign Zibanajed and Fast. We also need another center after losing Lindberg to Vegas and trading Stepan. I would have liked Brian Boyle, to trade for Duchene, or grab Marleu and Thornton but was glad we did this big splash instead. Still, we need to find someone to fill out the bottom 6 but our PP and defense is just so much better now.

We are definitely going for the cup while we still have Henrik and are also smartly planning for the future by going younger and restocking the farm. Check out Igor Shestyorkin's stats in the KHL. I'm optimistic about life after Henrik as well.

Edit: Andersson was the 7th overall pick, not a 7th round pick

20 hours ago, bababooey said:

I am very happy about both deals, Shatty could have gotten 7 years in New Jersey or Boston but wants to win a cup for his favorite team (he's a local guy). He gave up millions to play for us so he's literally reverse ARod. 

Both Shatty and Smith deals are four years, Smith is a good market value too but we no longer will have an albatross contract like Girardi (who was just bought out) and Staal (will be bought out within two years) anymore which was the goal. I think Girardi in TB for his new deal makes sense but our deals will be done when Smith and Shatty hit 32 years old. Not bad.

We traded Stepan last week who has 6.5 AAV for 4 years with a NMC kicking in today and Raanta for a young Dman and a top pick. Stepan was not worth that contract.

To further distill it, NYR swapped Stepan's 6.5 for Shattenkirk's 6.65 the next 4 yrs while trading Raanta for Andersson (7th round pick from ARI), DeAngelo (from ARI), Pavelec (new FA goalie backup).

Shatty will get top pairing w McDonagh. Smith worked very well with Skjei who took a big leap in a great second year so I imagine those two will stay together. A full season together will be sweet. Staal, Holden, DeAngelo, and a couple other young guys will all be in on the third pairing but we have a huge upgrade from Girardi on the top line, who was a defensive liability and provided zero offense. Our PP in the playoffs was abysmal so Shatty and DeAngelo should help. Kevin klein is expected to retire to give us 3 mil more in cap space.

i believe we have like 9 mil after he retires for us to resign Zibanajed and Fast. We also need another center after losing Lindberg to Vegas and trading Stepan. I would have liked Brian Boyle, to trade for Duchene, or grab Marleu and Thornton but was glad we did this big splash instead. Still, we need to find someone to fill out the bottom 6 but our PP and defense is just so much better now.

We are definitely going for the cup while we still have Henrik and are also smartly planning for the future by going younger and restocking the farm. Check out Igor Shestyorkin's stats in the KHL. I'm optimistic about life after Henrik as well.

Love the analysis you put into this post.  Great post

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 0:13 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Love the analysis you put into this post.  Great post

Thank you, rereading it I just realized that I meant to say Andersson was the 7th OVERALL pick in the draft, not 7th round pick.

Also, re: Jagr. He's def old and slow, but if he wants to take a discount to retry his shot with NY (nothing above 2M), then I'm all for it. Move Miller to C and keep Jagr on the wing, we just grabbed another center Desharnais from MTL/EDM, and possible that Andersson as the 7th overall pick this year can also play center as well. I just want to see Jagr break the record for most games played though, 56 to go.

On 2017-07-05 at 7:19 AM, bababooey said:

Thank you, rereading it I just realized that I meant to say Andersson was the 7th OVERALL pick in the draft, not 7th round pick.

Also, re: Jagr. He's def old and slow, but if he wants to take a discount to retry his shot with NY (nothing above 2M), then I'm all for it. Move Miller to C and keep Jagr on the wing, we just grabbed another center Desharnais from MTL/EDM, and possible that Andersson as the 7th overall pick this year can also play center as well. I just want to see Jagr break the record for most games played though, 56 to go.

I want to see Jagr get a ring.  Some potential teams that come to mind are Edmonton, Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Nashville.

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I want to see Jagr get a ring.  Some potential teams that come to mind are Edmonton, Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Nashville.

Same here, I'd put Edmonton, Pitt, and Washington above Nash and Montreal though. I'd say NYR and even CBJ are in a better position than Montreal as well. The Atlantic just isn't that good and Price just got a massive pay raise. I think we are in a good position after retooling the defense considering we blew two late leads against Ottawa that led to us losing in OT. We are just missing a top 6 center though. 

59 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Same here, I'd put Edmonton, Pitt, and Washington above Nash and Montreal though. I'd say NYR and even CBJ are in a better position than Montreal as well. The Atlantic just isn't that good and Price just got a massive pay raise. I think we are in a good position after retooling the defense considering we blew two late leads against Ottawa that led to us losing in OT. We are just missing a top 6 center though. 

I agree with everything but the Capitals in a better position than the Predators and Canadiens. I don't trust the Capitals in the postseason. They've got to prove it before I can put them at the top of the list

26 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I agree with everything but the Capitals in a better position than the Predators and Canadiens. I don't trust the Capitals in the postseason. They've got to prove it before I can put them at the top of the list

I guess you are right. They are very good in regular season. Also, it should be noted that they went for it all this past year and weren't able to retain everybody. They lost Shattenkirk who took a hometown discount to play in NY, they extended a 30 year old Oshie for 8 more years in a contract they definitely won't hate in the future, Azner left for Montreal, Justin Williams left for Carolina, Johanson was just shipped to the devils for a couple of picks, resigned Kuznetsov to an 8 year deal, and resigned Orlov to a decent 6 year contract. They definitely aren't any better.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Agreed.  As much as I'd like to see Jagr and Ovie team up, I don't trust the Caps in the postseason.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few thoughts on the hockey season so far:

-My Oilers are a HUGE disappointment.  In a season where they should be competing for a Stanley Cup, they're in the Rasmus Dhalin sweepstakes.  Chiarelli (who I never liked) is ruining the team.  He might be the worst GM in the entire league.  The guy is an absolute bonehead, trading away all kinds of good talent.  To make matters worse, they're continuing the "Old Boys Club" by bringing in Paul Coffey, when they should be getting rid of Coffey and Kevin Lowe and all those holdovers.

-How about those Golden Knights?  I think everyone had them pegged to be drafting in the top 5 next year, but they're one of the league's best teams

-The Caps (@NorthernBlue) continue to do well and Ovie is having one of his best seasons as a pro.  With that said, I've been burned by them too many times in the past to get attached now.  I'm rooting for them to win it all, but expect a second round exit, as usual

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

A few thoughts on the hockey season so far:

-My Oilers are a HUGE disappointment.  In a season where they should be competing for a Stanley Cup, they're in the Rasmus Dhalin sweepstakes.  Chiarelli (who I never liked) is ruining the team.  He might be the worst GM in the entire league.  The guy is an absolute bonehead, trading away all kinds of good talent.  To make matters worse, they're continuing the "Old Boys Club" by bringing in Paul Coffey, when they should be getting rid of Coffey and Kevin Lowe and all those holdovers.

-How about those Golden Knights?  I think everyone had them pegged to be drafting in the top 5 next year, but they're one of the league's best teams

-The Caps (@NorthernBlue) continue to do well and Ovie is having one of his best seasons as a pro.  With that said, I've been burned by them too many times in the past to get attached now.  I'm rooting for them to win it all, but expect a second round exit, as usual

Yep. I'm just taking this season in stride as a fan. Whatever happens, happens. Not really any expectations once we get into the post season. The only thing I really want to happen regarding this season is Ovi hitting 50 haha. Besides that, I can't be mad if they lose in the second round again (which to be honest, based on their talent level right now, should be their ceiling).

Still sucks to Schmidt in a Vegas jersey, but real glad they're doing well. On the other hand, their success is really gonna suck for when Seattle gets its inevitable expansion team and wants similar stacked draft rules.

And it makes me happy to see Pittsburgh struggle to make the playoffs....but they'll still probably get in and beat the capitals in whatever roundup.  :Cry:

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yep. I'm just taking this season in stride as a fan. Whatever happens, happens. Not really any expectations once we get into the post season. The only thing I really want to happen regarding this season is Ovi hitting 50 haha. Besides that, I can't be mad if they lose in the second round again (which to be honest, based on their talent level right now, should be their ceiling).

Still sucks to Schmidt in a Vegas jersey, but real glad they're doing well. On the other hand, their success is really gonna suck for when Seattle gets its inevitable expansion team and wants similar stacked draft rules.

And it makes me happy to see Pittsburgh struggle to make the playoffs....but they'll still probably get in and beat the capitals in whatever roundup.  :Cry:

I'm hoping the Caps are currently doing their version of the 2005 and 2006 Colts.  The 2005 Colts/2016 Caps were stacked.  They were talented all over the place, had good offense and defense, and were seen as favourites to win it all, but lost early in the playoffs.  The 2006 Colts/2017 Caps were/are still doing well, but don't have the fanfare and hype around them and I think expectations are a bit lower because of successive early playoff exits.  Hopefully the 2017 Caps can do what the 2006 Colts did, but much like the 2006 Colts, I don't think many expect them to go far in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm hoping the Caps are currently doing their version of the 2005 and 2006 Colts.  The 2005 Colts/2016 Caps were stacked.  They were talented all over the place, had good offense and defense, and were seen as favourites to win it all, but lost early in the playoffs.  The 2006 Colts/2017 Caps were/are still doing well, but don't have the fanfare and hype around them and I think expectations are a bit lower because of successive early playoff exits.  Hopefully the 2017 Caps can do what the 2006 Colts did, but much like the 2006 Colts, I don't think many expect them to go far in the playoffs.

Yeah maybe. Funny enough the 05 colts got bounced by Pittsburgh too. The 06 colts did play much better when Sanders came back. But the Caps are pretty healthy right now (with exception of Kuzy, who took a nasty slip the other night, though he should be okay).

Also the 06 colts had Peyton Manning haha. The only way I see Washington going deep into May and June is if Ovechkin goes '09 playoff mode, and Holtby goes '12 playoff mode.

And if someone takes out Tampa and Pittsburgh early on, that be nice too haha 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Ryan McDonaugh to Tampa.

Evander Kane to SJ.

Rick Nash to BOS.

Paul Stastny to Jets.

Pretty wild trade deadline.

Rangers came away with a good haul after the Nash, Grabner, Holden, Miller, and McDonagh trades. Tons of picks and prospects.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Ryan McDonaugh to Tampa.

Evander Kane to SJ.

Rick Nash to BOS.

Paul Stastny to Jets.

Pretty wild trade deadline.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:14 PM, bababooey said:

Rangers came away with a good haul after the Nash, Grabner, Holden, Miller, and McDonagh trades. Tons of picks and prospects.

Peter Chiarelli is the NHL's Ryan Grigson.  He's a total bum, in way over his head, and has no idea what he's doing.  He was gifted the league's best player and can't build a team around him.  These lines are embarrassing.  If the Oilers did nothing, they could have Hall, Eberle, and Barzal on their roster now.  Chia is one of the stupidest GMs in the league and it's beyond me how he even has a job.  He completely destroyed the Bruins after they won the cup, then the Oilers hired him for some bizarre reason and now he's destroying this team.  Traded away Maroon for nothing.  Gave Lucic one of the stupidest contracts I've ever seen.  At this point, I'm just hoping (in order) the Oilers fire Chia, get Rasmus Dhalin, and consider firing Todd McLellan.  Even 2 out of 3 wouldn't be bad

10 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Peter Chiarelli is the NHL's Ryan Grigson.  He's a total bum, in way over his head, and has no idea what he's doing.  He was gifted the league's best player and can't build a team around him.  These lines are embarrassing.  If the Oilers did nothing, they could have Hall, Eberle, and Barzal on their roster now.  Chia is one of the stupidest GMs in the league and it's beyond me how he even has a job.  He completely destroyed the Bruins after they won the cup, then the Oilers hired him for some bizarre reason and now he's destroying this team.  Traded away Maroon for nothing.  Gave Lucic one of the stupidest contracts I've ever seen.  At this point, I'm just hoping (in order) the Oilers fire Chia, get Rasmus Dhalin, and consider firing Todd McLellan.  Even 2 out of 3 wouldn't be bad

Those 2011 Bruins really ruined a lot of teams. This team full of veteran 'grit and leadership' (which is the most overrated thing in hockey right now), won a cup, beating the great finesse team that was the Canucks . Now Chia is trying to recreate that in Edmonton and it's the dumbest thing ever. They literally have one of the single greatest talents to grace the sport and they're wasting away his career. McDavid is literally the Andrew Luck of the NHL right now. Problem for Connor is one single hockey player can't carry his team the way a quarterback in the NFL can.

Meanwhile those Bruins can't be more different than their 2011 team. Now they rely on speed and youth, and look where it got them. They're a legit threat in the East this year, and just smacked the defending champions 8-4. They're legit.

You know what would be the most Oiler thing ever? If they win the draft lottery and get gifted Dahlin haha (whose probably the best defensemen prospect to come out since Doughty). 

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Those 2011 Bruins really ruined a lot of teams. This team full of veteran 'grit and leadership' (which is the most overrated thing in hockey right now), won a cup, beating the great finesse team that was the Canucks . Now Chia is trying to recreate that in Edmonton and it's the dumbest thing ever. They literally have one of the single greatest talents to grace the sport and they're wasting away his career. McDavid is literally the Andrew Luck of the NHL right now. Problem for Connor is one single hockey player can't carry his team the way a quarterback in the NFL can.

Meanwhile those Bruins can't be more different than their 2011 team. Now they rely on speed and youth, and look where it got them. They're a legit threat in the East this year, and just smacked the defending champions 8-4. They're legit.

You know what would be the most Oiler thing ever? If they win the draft lottery and get gifted Dahlin haha (whose probably the best defensemen prospect to come out since Doughty). 

The most Chiarelli thing ever would be for the Oil to get Dahlin, then trade him.

How about those Caps?  Doing well enough to stay atop their division, but aren't going all out during the regular season.  Ovie is having a great year, too.  This might be the perfect situation for them to go into the playoffs; under-the-radar, but still a potent threat that no one is talking about

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The most Chiarelli thing ever would be for the Oil to get Dahlin, then trade him.

How about those Caps?  Doing well enough to stay atop their division, but aren't going all out during the regular season.  Ovie is having a great year, too.  This might be the perfect situation for them to go into the playoffs; under-the-radar, but still a potent threat that no one is talking about

Big stadium series game this weekend.

The caps are doing well standing in wise, but their underlying play has been poor. Nearly every game they get outshot or outplayed. They are legit getting carried by Ovi right now.

Maybe it is the year tho. When people are talking contenders in the east, they're like 5th behind the Pens Bolts Leafs and Bruins. This is probably the first time in a while where they go to the playoffs with no expectations, but still a decent team talent wise.

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Big stadium series game this weekend.

The caps are doing well standing in wise, but their underlying play has been poor. Nearly every game they get outshot or outplayed. They are legit getting carried by Ovi right now.

Maybe it is the year tho. When people are talking contenders in the east, they're like 5th behind the Pens Bolts Leafs and Bruins. This is probably the first time in a while where they go to the playoffs with no expectations, but still a decent team talent wise.

I just saw Holtby's GAA....yikes.  Maybe this team is the 2006 Colts, with Holtby's GAA being the Colts run defense

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I just saw Holtby's GAA....yikes.  Maybe this team is the 2006 Colts, with Holtby's GAA being the Colts run defense

haha maybe it is. Right now Grubi is doing better than 70, but Holts should still be the guy. He was killing it before going insanely cold after the asg.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:49 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Still not as bad as the Islanders GM. Rangers and Isles are tied right now and one just blew up the team. I’m not happy we swept the west coast trip bc I want a top 3 pick. But they’re about to let Tavares walk and lose him for nothing. THAT is the biggest mishandling in a NY superstar of the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Still not as bad as the Islanders GM. Rangers and Isles are tied right now and one just blew up the team. I’m not happy we swept the west coast trip bc I want a top 3 pick. But they’re about to let Tavares walk and lose him for nothing. THAT is the biggest mishandling in a NY superstar of the last 20 years.

I haven't been following the Islanders that closely this year, but they have put some good pieces around Tavares.  I know Montreal really wants Tavares this offseason, but I could definitely see him re-signing with the Isles.

56 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I haven't been following the Islanders that closely this year, but they have put some good pieces around Tavares.  I know Montreal really wants Tavares this offseason, but I could definitely see him re-signing with the Isles.

Eh. Barzal is literally the only piece keeping them afloat right now. Even JT isn’t playing great. The isles are gonna have to overpay to resign him bc they lost their chance to trade him and now risk losing him for nothing. The fact the GM still has a job with over a decade and one playoff series win to show for it is terrible. I can’t believe the contract Montréal gave to Price. Reminds me of the one we gave Henrik. No regrets tho

38 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Eh. Barzal is literally the only piece keeping them afloat right now. Even JT isn’t playing great. The isles are gonna have to overpay to resign him bc they lost their chance to trade him and now risk losing him for nothing. The fact the GM still has a job with over a decade and one playoff series win to show for it is terrible. I can’t believe the contract Montréal gave to Price. Reminds me of the one we gave Henrik. No regrets tho

It's eye-opening how many bad GMs there are in the league.  Chiarelli, Garth Snow, Bergevin...there are a lot of them.  I don't see how these guys keep jobs.  The thing I really don't like about the NHL is how much of an old boys club it is.  Teams tend to recycle people that have been fired from other teams instead of looking for new perspectives, when those people who have been fired are extremely and obviously deficient in some important aspects

41 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It's eye-opening how many bad GMs there are in the league.  Chiarelli, Garth Snow, Bergevin...there are a lot of them.  I don't see how these guys keep jobs.  The thing I really don't like about the NHL is how much of an old boys club it is.  Teams tend to recycle people that have been fired from other teams instead of looking for new perspectives, when those people who have been fired are extremely and obviously deficient in some important aspects

I am a firm believer that sometimes people just need a change of scenery. Claude Julien, Torts, Vigneault all had success after they found new jobs. I personally hope that we fire AV and hire an ncaa guy or younger guy that will help develop players since we have a glut of picks and prospects we are moving forward with. Older coaches are good with vets and some rookies but we really need a fresh faced coach. I like Gorton the GM too glad Sather took a back seat. I like Lamoirello who built the Devils teams and he’s doing well in toronto. I’m thinking of going to the last Rangers home game this year bc it’s a Friday against the Lightning aka Rangers South. 

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I am a firm believer that sometimes people just need a change of scenery. Claude Julien, Torts, Vigneault all had success after they found new jobs. I personally hope that we fire AV and hire an ncaa guy or younger guy that will help develop players since we have a glut of picks and prospects we are moving forward with. Older coaches are good with vets and some rookies but we really need a fresh faced coach. I like Gorton the GM too glad Sather took a back seat. I like Lamoirello who built the Devils teams and he’s doing well in toronto. I’m thinking of going to the last Rangers home game this year bc it’s a Friday against the Lightning aka Rangers South. 

I want the same thing for the Oilers.  Chiarelli needs to go.  McLellan needs to go.  They need a fresh face in there.  Kyle Dubas is an assistant GM in Toronto who is considered an up-and-coming GM candidate.  As for head coaches, there are plenty of options.  Darryl Sutter is someone with a good track record, but also has the old boys air about him.  Sheldon Keefe, also from Toronto, has some buzz around him too.  Super unlikely, but if the Blackhawks decide to move on from Joel Quenneville, I'd want him on my team ASAP

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I want the same thing for the Oilers.  Chiarelli needs to go.  McLellan needs to go.  They need a fresh face in there.  Kyle Dubas is an assistant GM in Toronto who is considered an up-and-coming GM candidate.  As for head coaches, there are plenty of options.  Darryl Sutter is someone with a good track record, but also has the old boys air about him.  Sheldon Keefe, also from Toronto, has some buzz around him too.  Super unlikely, but if the Blackhawks decide to move on from Joel Quenneville, I'd want him on my team ASAP

Your last sentence is what I left out of my last response. I’d hes truly out then I want him on the rangers ASAP. Also heard Marty St. Louis could join the coaching staff next year. He lives close by I’ve seen him around a bunch

Long time Caps fan here...good to see a couple other Caps fans around these parts. As for this year I, and other Caps fans, have been burned so many times by this team that its hard to think they will make it past the 2nd round. However, when the playoffs start I will be pulling hard for them as always hoping this is finally the year....but it won't be  lol

42 minutes ago, k9copinmd said:

Long time Caps fan here...good to see a couple other Caps fans around these parts. As for this year I, and other Caps fans, have been burned so many times by this team that its hard to think they will make it past the 2nd round. However, when the playoffs start I will be pulling hard for them as always hoping this is finally the year....but it won't be  lol

I hear ya, buddy haha.  I'm hoping the Caps win it all, but after being burned by them so many times in years past, I'm not expecting much out of them.  If I don't get invested now, I won't be let down by them later lmao

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It has been physically and Emotionally hard to follow the Blackhawks

I bet.  Toews has declined quickly.  Maybe having no postseason will help him recover more and come back stronger next year.  I'm a huge Toews fan.  Also, the Blackhawks have won plenty in the last few years.  Let someone else have a turn! haha

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I hear ya, buddy haha.  I'm hoping the Caps win it all, but after being burned by them so many times in years past, I'm not expecting much out of them.  If I don't get invested now, I won't be let down by them later lmao

I bet.  Toews has declined quickly.  Maybe having no postseason will help him recover more and come back stronger next year.  I'm a huge Toews fan.  Also, the Blackhawks have won plenty in the last few years.  Let someone else have a turn! haha

The Crawford stuff hurt to